VAR ongoing worries

Sparkles

Last Sunday the Australian A League final ,Sydney v Perth Glory was held before a record 56,371 crowd at Perth's Optus Stadium.

For the second year in a row,  its been used, VAR stuffed up a major decision.The Sydney left flanker, in blue, was flagged off side as he crossed the ball which was tapped into the net,of a defender by Adam Le Fondre.Reviewed on VAR and confirmed he was offside...........clearly not.

As Perth is along way from Sydney only about 2,000 Sydney fans were in attendance and let their feelings be known as did the game callers.

The game went to extra time and then to penalties when justice was done by Sydney clinching the shoot.In theory this should not happen but it does constantly 

var.jpg.a74bcc75889c43200665cd4d610be06f.jpg

People  blaming VAR always makes me laugh, Video technology doesn't make a decision and is their to assist officials, it's the officials that make a decision and in the A League officials are generally some of the worst iv'e seen so blame the officials not the technology.

18 hours ago, alfieconn said:

People  blaming VAR always makes me laugh, Video technology doesn't make a decision and is their to assist officials, it's the officials that make a decision and in the A League officials are generally some of the worst iv'e seen so blame the officials not the technology.

When I say VAR didnt work again we all acknowledge that off field officials and the video replay are joint parts of the new VAR system of reviewing decisons which should be foolproof. With a raft of new rules coming into play next season it will be interesting how many interuptions to the flow of the game unfold.I just wish they would follow Rugby's method of having the referees miked up so at least viewers know what is being reviewed.

No league has a mortage on poor decisions

Archived