Multi-entry visa - Why?

I will arrive on June 11th and depart on August 8th. Then arrive again on December 4th and depart on February 27th. I was just looking at the multi-entry tourist visa but it costs £150 in London, there can't be many people for whom this is good value?

Am I right in thinking I can arrive on visa exempt June 11th and then extend for 30 days and then get a tourist visa before arriving in December and again extend for 30 days? Total cost THB 1,900 + £30 + THB 1,900.?

A multiple entry tourist visa a good for those that plan on staying longer than you are or if they plan on making several trips into the country during the 6 months the visa is valid.

You could do what you wrote about without a problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lovinglife said:

Am I right in thinking I can arrive on visa exempt June 11th and then extend for 30 days and then get a tourist visa before arriving in December and again extend for 30 days? Total cost THB 1,900 + £30 + THB 1,900.?

Yes that would work.

However I would get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from London (easy by post) for both visits.

If you travel without a visa the airline might insist on an onward flight dated within 30 days; and if you get a SETV for your first trip you won’t have to deal with immigration once in the country.

• Like 1