Non-B Visa in Singapore

Hi guys!

My company wants me to get my Non-B Visa in Singapore. It's my first ever Non-B but I already have several stamps of tourist visa AND an Ed Visa (i canceled it after the first three months) on my passport. Would it be a problem? I'm quite worried about the approval of my Non-B in Singapore and getting back in Thailand as well ????

The embassy will not count you previous stays on a tourist visas and a ED visa against you.

FYI you have to apply for the non-b visa online at the Singapore embassy and you get pre approval before you go to the embassy.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy will not count you previous stays on a tourist visas and a ED visa against you.

FYI you have to apply for the non-b visa online at the Singapore embassy and you get pre approval before you go to the embassy.

Hi, user @ubonjoe! Thank you for the info.

Do you have any idea if I should do anything about my tourist visa before applying for Non-B?

I've read somewhere that one should apply for a change of visa (like from tourist to non-b) at the immigration first before the actual Non-B application? 

2 minutes ago, Panpan said:

Do you have any idea if I should do anything about my tourist visa before applying for Non-B?

Unless you have a METV your tourist visa is invalid since you have used it.

3 minutes ago, Panpan said:

I've read somewhere that one should apply for a change of visa (like from tourist to non-b) at the immigration first before the actual Non-B application? 

It is possible to do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B) entry based upon qualify for an extension of stay based upon working. No need to go out for a non-b visa if you can qualify to do it.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_72

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a METV your tourist visa is invalid since you have used it.

It is possible to do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B) entry based upon qualify for an extension of stay based upon working. No need to go out for a non-b visa if you can qualify to do it.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_72

I will surely check that link, thank you. One thing i’m also confused with, which form is applicable for me? WP1 or WP3? And how long does it usually take until they release the letter of approval? If you have any idea....

10 hours ago, Panpan said:

I will surely check that link, thank you. One thing i’m also confused with, which form is applicable for me? WP1 or WP3? And how long does it usually take until they release the letter of approval? If you have any idea....

Your employer can apply using a WP1 and obtain a work permit approval letter. It normally takes a couple of days to get the letter.

You would have to be out of the country for them to use a WP3 form.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your employer can apply using a WP1 and obtain a work permit approval letter. It normally takes a couple of days to get the letter.

You would have to be out of the country for them to use a WP3 form.

Ooooh, so we should prepare WP1 then since I'm already here in Thailand. Is the completed form the only requirement to get the letter of approval? No other documents needed when we go to the Ministry of Labor?

10 minutes ago, Panpan said:

Ooooh, so we should prepare WP1 then since I'm already here in Thailand. Is the completed form the only requirement to get the letter of approval? No other documents needed when we go to the Ministry of Labor?

To submit the WP1 would require all the supporting documents being submitted at the same time.