BANGKOK 20 June 2019 17:08
funlovinkid

Surprising Electricity Bill Increase

OP, we had a couple of weeks with temperatures that made your units work very hard. Besides, you might need a cleanup, some new fluid.

Don't worry; you're not alone. My salary ten years ago was 2,600 baht higher than it is now. And things were dirt cheap ten years ago not only electricity.

• Thanks 1

A number of recent topics on this subject. Here's one:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1101993-electric-bill-oddities/

Am also in Pattaya and the unit consumption has been increasing for me as well.

Feb - 1286

Mar - 1487

Apr - 1638

May - 1975

So, really glad that the weather has just turned. I have kept records for the last 6 years and yes, this is not out of the ordinary at this time of year.

• Like 2

There was a slight decrease in the fuel tariff subsidy last month

Also get your aircon cleaned and checked for coolant loss...its been very hot this year.

• Like 2

It has been hot both day and night for the last month and my usage is the highest in more than 10 years here in Bangkok.  2209 units ending today.  It is not just AC but refrigerators/water coolers/ice makers also use a lot of electric when rooms are as hot as this year (and I have 6 of them running).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well assuming there is no funny business going on.  Get your air conditioner cleaned by a professional HVAC guy.  A dirty air con can be pulling a bunch of juice. For the 1000 or so baht it will cost to clean its worth the effort. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyyy said:

Well assuming there is no funny business going on.  Get your air conditioner cleaned by a professional HVAC guy.  A dirty air con can be pulling a bunch of juice. For the 1000 or so baht it will cost to clean its worth the effort. 

Definitely if AC has not been cleaned both inside unit and outside unit the efficiency of the AC is in question. Don't use the AC for a couple hours and read the meter before and after and then switch on the AC and read meter again for the time and compare how much the AC increases the usage. 

I have 3 A/C in my house in Khon Kaen and I get them cleaned on average 2 times a year. 1,000 baht each, well worth it.

Yes ,up here in isaan pretty much the same our bill was 2900bht this month an increade of 1000bht!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1