Phuket braces for heavy weather, small boats advised to stay ashore

snoop1130

Phuket braces for heavy weather, small boats advised to stay ashore

1558609359_1-org.jpg

A TMD weather satellite image taken earlier today. Image: TMD

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Marine Office Director Wiwat Chitchertwong has issued a notice to all boat operators calling for them to beware storm conditions and for operators of small boats to refrain from putting to sea from today (May 23) through next Wednesday (May 29).

“The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) has issued a weather advisory warning that Phuket will be hit with a week of heavy thunderstorms from May 23 until May 29,” Mr Wiwat said in his notice.

“The storms will bring isolated heavy rain to areas across the South, including Phuket, Ranong, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trang and Satun. Waves are expected to reach more than two metres high,” he added.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-braces-for-heavy-weather-small-boats-advised-to-stay-ashore-71523.php#10YW3ju6MZG8a29y.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-23

We are all aware of the extremely low standard required to pass the Thai driving test!

To pass the "test" to "Captain" a boat is off an even lower standard! remember that the next time you are about to make a boat trip :wink:

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Sounds ok for the tour boats like the Phoenix which was a big boat.

how about the marine office banning anything under 10 metres from leaving shore and not just an advisory for small boats.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

But are the small boats listening !!!

Weather is really calm, and only TMD has apparently a strong wind forecast, other weather sites indicate no to nearly no wind. The weather is so calm I have scheduled diving at Kata Beach tomorrow. Even on the TMD website is no weather warning.

Anyone know of a good short-term weather forecast phone app or web site? 

I went to Phuket Town today for my regular walk up Monkey Hill and it bucketed down.

So I turned around to go home.

On the way home, the sun came out. Dammit!

Archived