Will I get leniency

Even knowing which immigration office you will use, no one can say for sure. Without knowing your office, we cannot even advance an educated guess. If the official rules are followed, two months of deposits of 65,000 are enough for a first extension, but I would normally expect the immigration official to want to see some backup documents that suggest you would be able to keep this up long term.

• Like 1

Jomtien is showing leniency this year.  The man who signs all the extensions of stay at Jomtien/Chonburi Immigration was interviewed and said that two months of deposits are enough for first time applicants.

Regarding retirement extensions, Khun Pichai said that first time applicants must be able to show at least two months of income coming from overseas or traceable to a taxable source in Thailand. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1092651-explainer-here’s-what-is-required-by-chonburi-immigration-for-tm30-and-retirement-extensions/

8 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

I'm putting 800,00 baht into my bank account with only 6 weeks to my extension of stay, do you think i'll get leniency ?

No

it must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SEtonal said:

Jomtien is showing leniency this year.  The man who signs all the extensions of stay at Jomtien/Chonburi Immigration was interviewed and said that two months of deposits are enough for first time applicants.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1092651-explainer-here’s-what-is-required-by-chonburi-immigration-for-tm30-and-retirement-extensions/

Thank for your informative, refreshing and optimistic share. Such a nice departure from the usual negative critics.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SEtonal said:

First time applicants ok. How about those who used to do embassy letters and who're now doing monthly income under the new system? By the time I'd managed to set up a Bangkok Bank account for my TransferWise transfers it was the beginning of February. Will I be shown leniency in Jomtien I wonder? I could be wrong, but I think I saw an earlier post which said they're demanding the full 12 months bank statements. I'm waiting with baited breath to see the first report of someone having success with the "leniency" monthly income method at Jomtien. Fortunately, I do have other options, but MI is my preferred method.

In 13 years I have never known the IMO to be lenient please post if they showed you compassion . My friends Thai wife died a few years ago I took him to the IMO compassion was not on their itinerary after 2 hours he left more distressed than when we entered in the end we ended up getting an understanding Thai lawyer who managed to resolve certain issues but at a cost to my friend 

7 hours ago, Benmart said:

Thank for your informative, refreshing and optimistic share. Such a nice departure from the usual negative critics.

Sorry but "negative" critics are only usually reporting on negative Incidents and not inventing things. Unless of course you know differently.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Except the ones who claim they are but aren't, take your money and are never seen again.

Surely more fool you for not using one that's well trusted/referenced/recommended?

18 hours ago, Benmart said:

It's called reality but as long as you are alive there is hope....hope is expensive so I've heard.

I was in Jomtien on 2nd May for my retirement extension based on income without an UK embassy letter. I've been doing transfers with TransferWise for over 2 years now and was able to show the full 12 months. There were actually 15 transfers in that time only 4 of which showed as foreign. As a result I had taken copious evidence that proved they had emanated from UK but they weren't interested in looking and were happy to grant the extension. What I did also have were occupational and state pension statements (the one's I would normally have presented to the embassy for the letter) so I have assumed that immigration were happy to accept that the money coming into my Thai bank (I had the appropriate letter and certified statements) was from that source without additional proof. I did try to ask whether this was the case going forward but the one guy working on the customer side of the desk was real busy and not prepared to answer questions.

• Like 1