Thai youth to join worldwide climate protests today (Friday)

webfact

Thai youth to join worldwide climate protests

Climate-Strike-Thailand1.jpg

(Photos) Instagram: Climatestrike_thailand

Thai youth will today (Friday) join their brothers and sisters in more than 100 countries to launch a worldwide climate strike and protest to put pressure on their respective governments to take concrete action to address global warming.

“Skip classes and offices to join the protest” is the campaign message from Thai youth under the banners of “Climate Strike Thailand” and “Too Young to Die”.

Climate-Strike-Thailand2-1-600x600.jpg

Protesters have been urging members of the public to join their 2km protest march from the National Stadium to the Ratchaprasong intersection starting at 11am.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-youth-to-join-worldwide-climate-protests-tomorrow/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-24

I truly hope these kids practice this and say no to plastic and foam,when they are ordering their street food today ,tomorrow and in the future..or is this just a fun photo opp and a free t-shirt day...

28 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I truly hope these kids practice this and say no to plastic and foam,when they are ordering their street food today ,tomorrow and in the future..or is this just a fun photo opp and a free t-shirt day...

I also get the impression it's being seen as a fun day. Kids all smiling and happy over something that is affecting their future.

Or don't I understand, and Thais should appear to enjoy the planet going down the pan, and smiling while saying they're “Too Young to Die”?

these are likely of a particular cohort.  i.e. not the kids of rice field workers or lum yai trees.  if that is true then the following must unfold.  one of them at some point will actually read a book or two, maybe ordered from Amazon.... and then.... will read about something we pronounce as a devilous tongue twister..... a 'carbon budget'.... whew!!  and also discover at the same time that because 6,400 million of us have never even been close enough to an airplane to touch one.... let alone go inside of one... ever in their life times so far.... let alone connect their family, social, personal and business lives with cheap air travel......

tha that that tha that means....

for each of those kinds of folks or their parents, 60 to 90% of their total personal carbon emissions are from 'flying'.... not flushing a toilet etc but just traveling somewhere.  then we well only ever hear or see of them talk about "fossil fuels", "solar panels" and Carbon Removals..... but not a thang about that tongue twister I just mentioned.

100% guaranteed.  the only thang that makes sense any more is a southern border wall along Mexico to halt migrations of people that not even any of us "real Americans" will have the heart to stop.  when both too much rain and too little at almost the same time, plus a little more heat in a little while out means most Amerikees can't even save themselves.  it won't be heat or rising sea levels.  that's for World War 2 Baby Boomers because the latency on that stuff is almost 100 years, not ten or 15 like the precipitation projections for most of Mexico and large swaths of South Amerikee.  duh.

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

You got it in one.. they may be protesting for the right reason but on the way to or from the march I wonder how many plastic bag drinks/food or styrofoam containers will be purchased?

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I also get the impression it's being seen as a fun day. Kids all smiling and happy over something that is affecting their future.

Or don't I understand, and Thais should appear to enjoy the planet going down the pan, and smiling while saying they're “Too Young to Die”?

Maybe they know something you don't - like the planet is really going down the pan.

40 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Maybe they know something you don't - like the planet is really going down the pan.

Maybe some of them read the Club of Rome's warning "The limits to growth" (published in the 1970ies) and drew their conclusions. 

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Maybe some of them read the Club of Rome's warning "The limits to growth" (published in the 1970ies) and drew their conclusions. 

That's a mighty big maybe! More likely they've been sucked in by the alarmist climate change propaganda pumped out in the classroom, MSM and across social media.

Archived