Sudarat warns Democrat and Bhumjaithai parties not to betray people’s trust

webfact

FB_IMG_1558620283193.jpg

Pheu Thai party’s election strategy chief Sudarat Keyuraphan today warned the Democrat and Bhumjaithai parties not to betray the trust of the people who voted for their pro-democracy platform, saying the people still remember their promise.

She said that the Pheu Thai party is still to see whether the two mid-sized parties will keep their promise to the people or “whether their promise was just rhetoric.”

She insisted that the party does seek any cabinet portfolios, saying “that is why we have announced today that we will not accept any posts and are ready to support the people who share our ideology.  Today, we agree to sacrifice and we are pleased to do so.”

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sudarat-warns-democrat-and-bhumjaithai-parties-not-to-betray-peoples-trust/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-24

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Convinced they will side with the junta, the easy way in, and probably already finalizing deals.

Hope I am wrong.

Of course they are going to side with the junta.

There is no doubt about that.

They are money lackeys - Establishment toadies; and when the top 'politician' controls - with oh-so-clean fingers - the nation's entire monetary funds and more, expressing 'gratitude' to those unprincipled supporters is as easy as kissing a frog (for some!).

1 minute ago, bannork said:

If The Democrats join the junta I hope they are decimated once again at the next election when their young voters switch to FF or its successor if it's dissolved.

For Bhumjaithai there never was any hope. 

The next 'election' will be even more, er, thoroughly and totally 'managed' than this one.

The junta will not make the same mistake twice.

So Thai people: it is over to YOU!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Already betrayed . Nothing to see here. Move along quietly now.

It's the age old thing. Money talks , democracy walks.

If in the future somebody makes a movie about this sham election , suitable titles are available :

A fistfull of dollars

For a few dollars more

8 minutes ago, candide said:

The deal is made. FF will be dissolved. They will let PT remain because they need a bogeyman.

Mission accomplished!

I am not sure that they will actually dissolve Future Forward - although they are unprincipled enough to do anything; I think more likely is that they will hamstring the party with so many obstacles, court cases and trumped-up charges that Future Forward will lose much of its power in 'parliament'.

Certainly there is no way that they will EVER allow Thanathorn to become and remain P.M. He would be too good at the job (and by 'good', I really do mean - almost uniquely for a Thai politician - virtuous and honourable).

8 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I am not sure that they will actually dissolve Future Forward - although they are unprincipled enough to do anything; I think more likely is that they will hamstring the party with so many obstacles, court cases and trumped-up charges that Future Forward will lose much of its power in 'parliament'.

Certainly there is no way that they will EVER allow Thanathorn to become and remain P.M. He would be too good at the job (and by 'good', I really do mean - almost uniquely for a Thai politician - virtuous and honourable).

They must set an example that no one can threaten the army as he did, without being punished. Having said that, it's just a question of what the extent of punishment will be.

19 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

She has to be a contender for hypocrite of the year award. The last government she was a member of did an excellent job of betraying the people's trust.

She and her party are indeed hypocrites and to blame too. She easily forgets that the only ones i like are future forward. I prefer to see this hypocrite (Sudarat) in power over the army. But that does not make me like her any more. They are all hypocrites.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Men of their words or just selling their souls to the highest bidder... we'll know the truth soon enough

and I hope come the next election they vote accordingly!

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Men of their words or just selling their souls to the highest bidder... we'll know the truth soon enough

and I hope come the next election they vote accordingly!

Rich irony though as all PTP MP's sell their souls to the Big Boss!

7 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

She has to be a contender for hypocrite of the year award. The last government she was a member of did an excellent job of betraying the people's trust.

Yes but she, her boss and all their minions believe they are the only ones entitled to do that!

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Rich irony though as all PTP MP's sell their souls to the Big Boss!

At least they never claimed otherwise, and have all been elected on this premises. You know mandate, and Thaksin's massive popularity, like it or not, something the rests can only dream of. 

The democrats gained votes on the promise they would never support Prayuth. And how could they ? Any democratic party cannot possibly support someone that abolished the constitution and told the Thai electorate to shove it. 

21 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

At least they never claimed otherwise, and have all been elected on this premises. You know mandate, and Thaksin's massive popularity, like it or not, something the rests can only dream of. 

The democrats gained votes on the promise they would never support Prayuth. And how could they ? Any democratic party cannot possibly support someone that abolished the constitution and told the Thai electorate to shove it. 

Election promises rarely hold up in the harsh light of pragmatism, whether it was "You will all be rich in 6 months" or "A tablet for every school child" or refusing to support a military lead government and being left off the gravy train. 

12 hours ago, perthuniversity said:

really like this lady, she's pro-democracy, she's got my support all day long

'... sh'e pro-democracy' ...

Suggest you do some more research on this person, she's got a long history of being very keen about a certain aspect of Thai politics and it ain't democracy.

Including you who cheered the coup and are now against the junta.

She and her party are indeed hypocrites and to blame too. She easily forgets that the only ones i like are future forward. I prefer to see this hypocrite (Sudarat) in power over the army. But that does not make me like her any more. They are all hypocrites.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Including you who cheered the coup and are now against the junta.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes I am again the junta, never heard it was against the law to change your mind. I was pro coup and did not think it would last as long as it did given other coups. So you can call me a hypocrite even though my views have not changed much. I still dislike the Shins, just dislike the junta more now. I prefer future forward of all parties.

49 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Election promises rarely hold up in the harsh light of pragmatism, whether it was "You will all be rich in 6 months" or "A tablet for every school child" or refusing to support a military lead government and being left off the gravy train. 

Yeah you probably right. However, this is a pretty fundamental promise. I guess the dems have a desire to really become irrelevant. 

9 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

But that's different, they were just following orders from a camel trader, so they are blameless.... 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

'... sh'e pro-democracy' ...

Suggest you do some more research on this person, she's got a long history of being very keen about a certain aspect of Thai politics and it ain't democracy.

Have meet this lady on a number of occasions, nice well spoken and outwardly friendly, but Thaksin thru' and thru' - so her Thai politics are well established. 

Archived