U.S. charges WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with espionage

webfact

Govts killing innocent people and covering it up: A-ok.

Posting facts about govts killing innocents and covering it up...

It is ok to kill, but not ok to try and stop the killing of innocents by holding the govts accountable. 

These people just do whatever they wants. It is hideous. Expose them and they end you. It is all part of their message. 

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

The Obama DOJ spent years exploring whether it could criminally charge Assange and WikiLeaks for publishing classified information. It ultimately decided it would not do so, and could not do so, consistent with the press freedom guarantee of the First Amendment. After all, the Obama DOJ concluded, such a prosecution would pose a severe threat to press freedom because there would be no way to prosecute Assange for publishing classified documents without also prosecuting the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian and others for doing exactly the same thing.

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/16/as-the-obama-doj-concluded-prosecution-of-julian-assange-for-publishing-documents-poses-grave-threats-to-press-freedom/\

But apparently when it comes to the law and constitutional rights, in the Trump DOJ only Trump benefits.

Many thanks for the link, though I was already aware of the reasons why the Obama administration's fought shy of trying to nail Assange for publishing classified stuff. Have you seen the latest Intercept piece?

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/24/the-indictment-of-julian-assange-under-the-espionage-act-is-a-threat-to-the-press-and-the-american-people/

5 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Govts killing innocent people and covering it up: A-ok.

Posting facts about govts killing innocents and covering it up...

It is ok to kill, but not ok to try and stop the killing of innocents by holding the govts accountable. 

These people just do whatever they wants. It is hideous. Expose them and they end you. It is all part of their message. 

We knew that, what i find really hilarious is that soon America will be lecturing everyone again on democracy and human rights.

7 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

Doesnt Assange have an Australian passport?

What is the Aussie government doing about all this?

ok..i forgot,

they are a headless horse bitcห of the USA.

lol

maybe you should read the news more often today the orange boy accused the UK and Australia with interference of the Russian probe by the Mueller  investigation

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

maybe you should read the news more often today the orange boy accused the UK and Australia with interference of the Russian probe by the Mueller investigation

Since when does anything that idiot says mean anything?

He just lies to constantly to cover whatever sหit he might be in on the day.

18 hours ago, the guest said:

Either way, once the Americans get hold of him, his life is toast!

And that is exactly what the govt wants everyone to know. This is the problem. 

What if somebody found out for a fact the cia was involved in a presidential assasination. What do you do with the information?? Who can you go to? The answer is nobody. And the govt wants you to be deathly afraid of exposing it anywhere. 

It really is so obvious what goes on in the world. Why on earth would the govt feel the need to cover up civilian death stats? It is bc the industries who make the weapons for war would lose money if the public stopped supporting wars. These wars are perpetuated under false pretense! 

Absolute travesty. It is ok to kill civilians, but not ok to expose the killing. 

We have a presidential candidate who us actually amazing when it comes to these policies. Of course she will never get elected. Tulsi Gabbard. Look her up, a true modern day badass who could actually run the country with some honesty. 

This is another example of false leftist talking points.  I thought Trump was a Russian spy and that Wikileaks was a Russian outfit?  Why would Trump's DOJ charge Assange if they were in bed together?  Too much CNN will melt your brain.

40 minutes ago, brycspain said:

This is another example of false leftist talking points.  I thought Trump was a Russian spy and that Wikileaks was a Russian outfit?  Why would Trump's DOJ charge Assange if they were in bed together?  Too much CNN will melt your brain.

Despite on going concerted efforts to make it so, it is not ‘Trump’s DoJ’.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, utalkin2me said:

We have a presidential candidate who us actually amazing when it comes to these policies. Of course she will never get elected. Tulsi Gabbard. Look her up, a true modern day badass who could actually run the country with some honesty. 

One can only hope.

Archived