Trump allows attorney general to declassify information about origins of Russia probe

webfact

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Hope you felt better after typing that hollow statement down.

Thank you for your concern but if all you've got is some woolly, meaningless reply then you should refrain from posting.

We are witnessing the corruption of America and seeing some delighting in it that is sick

Yes, the gleeful manner some display when discussing the possibility of Trump being impeached is disgusting. It’s like the want him to be guilty.

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

A couple of bones for Schiff to gnaw on to delay the inevitable, and to keep from losing more court challenges.

The entire report will eventually leak, better to just fully drain the bladder, Moscow Style as they say, now rather than just dribble out a few drops every day.

Strange strategy.

Trump warned them to "let it go" and return to looking after the country, Som nom na!

Trump, a Republican, harbors suspicions that the Democratic Obama administration ordered him investigated during the 2016 campaign to try to undermine his candidacy, and he wants payback against those he believes were responsible.

.....now I see, this is an opinion piece. ThaiVisa submitted it as news. 

7 minutes ago, Morty T said:

Trump, a Republican, harbors suspicions that the Democratic Obama administration ordered him investigated during the 2016 campaign to try to undermine his candidacy, and he wants payback against those he believes were responsible.

Sorry,he doesn't want payback! He want's the American people(excluding liberals,no changing their minds)) to see how this all started! It will all be investigated by the special prosecutor(Durham) 

Sorry,he doesn't want payback! He want's the American people(excluding liberals,no changing their minds)) to see how this all started! It will all be investigated by the special prosecutor(Durham) 

I don’t understand what the big deal is, let the investigation run its course. Honest people have nothing to hide.

I’m sure Comey, Brennan and Clapper are all looking forward to being investigated and cleared of any wrongdoing.

16 hours ago, Morty T said:

Clearly no basis in reality at all.

Trump threatens to declassify ‘devastating’ docs about Democrats

In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price...

I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-threatens-to-declassify-devastating-docs-about-democrats/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I don’t understand what the big deal is, let the investigation run its course. Honest people have nothing to hide.

I’m sure Comey, Brennan and Clapper are all looking forward to being investigated and cleared of any wrongdoing.

Exactly! I would like to see if Mr. Trumps accusation are true! Personally I want  some of them(Mr.Trumps traitor claims) to feel the financial burdens that Mike Flynn experienced!  

Believe DNI Dan Coats has ultimate authority to declassify material, as does the president. Not sure trump can cede this authority to barr? Obviously trump could find someone to fire Coats, should he prove to be too law-abiding?

Intel chief warns Barr could imperil national security by declassifying documents

The nation’s intelligence chief expressed hope Friday that Attorney General William Barr would adhere to “long-established standards” during his investigation into the origins of the Russia probe — but warned the release of “highly-sensitive classified information” would imperil national security.

“Much like we have with other investigations and reviews, the Intelligence Community (IC) will provide the Department of Justice all of the appropriate information for its review of intelligence activities related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said in a statement.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/24/barr-dan-coats-intelligence-declassify-1344531

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Intel chief warns Barr could imperil national security by declassifying documents

Dan Coats....sounds more like Dan Turncoat to me.

Sphincters are tightening everywhere in anticipation....Comey looks frightened

and Jery Nadler is a mess.....I thought he was having a stroke yesterday. He won't last long

on this earth.

40 minutes ago, riclag said:

Exactly! I would like to see if Mr. Trumps accusation are true! Personally I want  some of them(Mr.Trumps traitor claims) to feel the financial burdens that Mike Flynn experienced!  

You seem to be operating under that impression that what Barr has launched is an actual investigation.

Believe DNI Dan Coats has ultimate authority to declassify material, as does the president. Not sure trump can cede this authority to barr? Obviously trump could find someone to fire Coats, should he prove to be too law-abiding?

The nation’s intelligence chief expressed hope Friday that Attorney General William Barr would adhere to “long-established standards” during his investigation into the origins of the Russia probe — but warned the release of “highly-sensitive classified information” would imperil national security.

“Much like we have with other investigations and reviews, the Intelligence Community (IC) will provide the Department of Justice all of the appropriate information for its review of intelligence activities related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said in a statement.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/24/barr-dan-coats-intelligence-declassify-1344531

It is interesting that suddenly declassifying documents is a national security concern.

I thought we wanted everything out in open and unredacted, no?

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Exactly, it’s a coverup right? No doubt that’s how CNN will cover it.

No, that's not what I wrote. Maybe you should bone up on the difference between a justice department review and a justice department investigation.

16 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It is interesting that suddenly declassifying documents is a national security concern.

I thought we wanted everything out in open and unredacted, no?

Yes. The key being "everything". Critical thinkers may not believe that will be the reality given Mr. Barr's history.

Barr is coordinating  the declassified files and directing  Durham and Horowitz,,  they  are currently investigating the investigators along with what Mr. Trump claims are complicit foriegn actors, intel ,and media sources in a attempted coup 

Barr is coordinating  the declassified files and directing  Durham and Horowitz,,  they  are currently investigating the investigators along with what Mr. Trump claims are complicit foriegn actors, intel ,and media sources in a attempted coup 

No, apparently they are only reviewing, not investigating.

https://ctmirror.org/2019/05/14/durham-faces-tough-job-investigating-trump-campaign-investigators/

"But in January, a letter from House Republicans seeking more information about his findings revealed Durham had been investigating members of the FBI, especially former FBI general counsel James Baker, who has been accused of leaking information in 2016 to a Mother Jones reporter about the existence of a disputed “Steele Dossier,” alleging ties between  Trump and the Kremlin".

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I can tell you how it started - a Trump lackey let slip to an Oz diplomat (Alexander Downer) that the Trump team knew that the Russians were about to release some dirt on Hilary. Mr Downer (a conservative BTW) thought that interesting enough to report to Oz, who passed on the information to the US. Russian interference in the election process, with the foreknowledge of at least some of a candidate's team seemed worthy of investigation.

Archived