Trump allows attorney general to declassify information about origins of Russia probe

webfact

31 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

I can tell you how it started - a Trump lackey let slip to an Oz diplomat (Alexander Downer) that the Trump team knew that the Russians were about to release some dirt on Hilary. Mr Downer (a conservative BTW) thought that interesting enough to report to Oz, who passed on the information to the US. Russian interference in the election process, with the foreknowledge of at least some of a candidate's team seemed worthy of investigation.

Wow! you got a source for your opinion, you sound extremely convincing

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mogandave said:

It is interesting that suddenly declassifying documents is a national security concern.

I thought we wanted everything out in open and unredacted, no?

Indeed. There are several that were demanding unredacted Mueller report, and damn the security implications.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Sorry,he doesn't want payback! He want's the American people(excluding liberals,no changing their minds)) to see how this all started! It will all be investigated by the special prosecutor(Durham) 

7 hours ago, riclag said:

Barr is coordinating  the declassified files and directing  Durham and Horowitz,,  they  are currently investigating the investigators along with what Mr. Trump claims are complicit foriegn actors, intel ,and media sources in a attempted coup 

This is another case of Trump throwing out wild accusations without proof.  He's been doing it for ages.  He insists he has evidence but never comes up with anything.  Here's an example:

"Donald Trump - who has been screaming from the rooftops that he doubts President Obama was born in the U.S. - sent a team of investigators to the commander-in-chief's home state of Hawaii to get answers."

'"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," the would-be presidential candidate told NBC's "Today."'https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-wannabe-president-investigators-hawaii-obama-citizenship-article-1.114417

I suspect he will do the same thing with this "investigation"; make repeated "they cannot believe what they are finding" claims all through the 2020 campaign then let the investigation die "not with a bang but a whimper".

This is another case of Trump throwing out wild accusations without proof.  He's been doing it for ages.  He insists he has evidence but never comes up with anything.  Here's an example:

"Donald Trump - who has been screaming from the rooftops that he doubts President Obama was born in the U.S. - sent a team of investigators to the commander-in-chief's home state of Hawaii to get answers."
'"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," the would-be presidential candidate told NBC's "Today."'https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-wannabe-president-investigators-hawaii-obama-citizenship-article-1.114417

I suspect he will do the same thing with this "investigation"; make repeated "they cannot believe what they are finding" claims all through the 2020 campaign then let the investigation die "not with a bang but a whimper".

Yes, he does it all the time, that’s why you use an eight year old example that has Trump regurgitating a myth the Clinton campaign started.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Yes, he does it all the time, that’s why you use an eight year old example that has Trump regurgitating a myth the Clinton campaign started.

Trump has made the spying claim many times, without proof.

Trump claimed that millions of undocumented voted for Hillary and set up a commission to find them.  The commission was disbanded without accomplishing anything.

Trump claimed that US muslims celebrated the 911 attack, without proof.

Here are some more, for your education:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/donald-trumps-long-list-of-conspiracy-theories/2016/10/17/5e53df4a-9489-11e6-9cae-2a3574e296a6_video.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f2a3973281e7

Now try to substantiate your BS, thoroughly discredited, claim that the Clinton campaign started the Obama birther conspiracy.

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Wow! you got a source for your opinion, you sound extremely convincing

" During a night of heavy drinking at an upscale London bar in May 2016, George Papadopoulos, a young foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, made a startling revelation to Australia’s top diplomat in Britain: Russia had political dirt on Hillary Clinton. "  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/how-fbi-russia-investigation-began-george-papadopoulos.html

Trump has made the spying claim many times, without proof.
Trump claimed that millions of undocumented voted for Hillary and set up a commission to find them.  The commission was disbanded without accomplishing anything.
Trump claimed that US muslims celebrated the 911 attack, without proof.

Here are some more, for your education:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/donald-trumps-long-list-of-conspiracy-theories/2016/10/17/5e53df4a-9489-11e6-9cae-2a3574e296a6_video.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f2a3973281e7

Now try to substantiate your BS, thoroughly discredited, claim that the Clinton campaign started the Obama birther conspiracy.

Two more 8 year old exaggerations.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

"Alexander Downer’s fake testimony against me helped launch a witch-hunt. My real testimony against him has launched an unprecedented investigation into the deep state and its global actors in Italy-Ukraine-UK-Australia. Downer will forever b remembered as the Clinton errand boy".

George Papadopoulos

The origins are being investigated by horowitz,durham,huber.

Mr. Trump has declassified all of the files for Mr. Barr to coordinate with the Special Prosecutor that has been investigating this since January!

Here is the POTUS waiting  for the hoax to conclude. Now after waiting he has the green light to declassify! He doesn't have to prove anything! The investigation of the investigators will produce evidence(horowitz,huber and durham.  You and many haters seem to think that he must come out with what he knows ,to be believed ! Ain't no liberal gonna believe him.His efforts along with , the above mentioned will prove or shed light to his accusations. 

Why bother to expose all of this especially with the liberals in objection! He feels strongly that there was treasonous acts and that some in the msm,intel,dems were complicit and that this shouldn't happen to another POTUS.

IMOP the result  of all of this, is  votes, changing public opinion. It's the independent swing voter that is more open minded and sympathetic !

And, of course, Papadopoulos is more trustworthy that Downer...

Anyway, in the republican memo:

"The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok," the memo noted in its final paragraph.

26 minutes ago, candide said:

And, of course, Papadopoulos is more trustworthy that Downer...

Anyway, in the republican memo:

"The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok," the memo noted in its final paragraph.

Its being investigated(horowitz,huber and durham)!   Mr. Trump recently has been implicating  strzok as a possible traitor ! Many Gop have criticized Strzok participation! They have suggested the declassification of intel will clarify to what extent his actions or lack of were.

"Papadopoulos later pleaded guilty to making false statements as part of Mueller’s investigation and served a short two-week prison sentence last year. The false statements were made in January 2017 to FBI agents concerning his contacts with Mifsud. Papadopoulos, in his guilty plea, acknowledged that Mifsud shared the information that Russia could have “dirt” on the Clinton campaign".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-australian-diplomat-alexander-downer-defends-work-pushes-back-on-claims-he-tried-to-trap-papadopoulos

"Alexander Downer’s fake testimony against me helped launch a witch-hunt. My real testimony against him has launched an unprecedented investigation into the deep state and its global actors in Italy-Ukraine-UK-Australia. Downer will forever b remembered as the Clinton errand boy".

George Papadopoulos

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Two more 8 year old exaggerations.

These are claims made during his campaign and after his inauguration.  You don't tell time very well.  You also haven't supported your "Hillary started it" nonsense.

38 minutes ago, riclag said:

Its being investigated(horowitz,huber and durham)!   Mr. Trump recently has been implicating  strzok as a possible traitor ! Many Gop have criticized Strzok participation! They have suggested the declassification of intel will clarify to what extent his actions or lack of were.

"Papadopoulos later pleaded guilty to making false statements as part of Mueller’s investigation and served a short two-week prison sentence last year. The false statements were made in January 2017 to FBI agents concerning his contacts with Mifsud. Papadopoulos, in his guilty plea, acknowledged that Mifsud shared the information that Russia could have “dirt” on the Clinton campaign".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-australian-diplomat-alexander-downer-defends-work-pushes-back-on-claims-he-tried-to-trap-papadopoulos

George Papadopoulos

So Papadopoulos is going on Fox News and preaching to the converted, while playing the victim.  Does he offer any evidence to support his "deep state" nonsense?

BTW:  Your quote doesn't come from your link.  I assume Papadopoulos said those things on one of Fox's not-news pundit programs.

These are claims made during his campaign and after his inauguration.  You don't tell time very well.  You also haven't supported your "Hillary started it" nonsense.

Okay, two year old exaggerations, sorry.

Anything I linked to showing the actual origin of the birther story, you would counter with “proof” from Snopes so it is pointless.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Okay, two year old exaggerations, sorry.

Anything I linked to showing the actual origin of the birther story, you would counter with “proof” from Snopes so it is pointless.

In other words, you have no proof.  It's something you heard somewhere and want to believe.

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You need to read the Mueller report, it’s in there

No, it isn't.  Why don't you identify the parts of the report that you think offered evidence of Trump being spied on or the investigation itself being illegal.

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, it isn't.  Why don't you identify the parts of the report that you think offered evidence of Trump being spied on or the investigation itself being illegal.

I think that’s Barr’s job to cherry pick anything he can find to support his masters bs statements 

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

I think that’s Barr’s job to cherry pick anything he can find to support his masters bs statements 

That isn’t actually his job, but yes it does seem to be what Trump requires of him and more worryingly he seems very willing to do exactly as Trump wishes.

Archived