Trump allows attorney general to declassify information about origins of Russia probe

webfact

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

He is ag in name only he acts more like Donald’s personal lawyer than an ag that is the impression he earned in his biased strung out shameful roll out of the muller report

Robert Kennedy

Eric Holder

'nuff said.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Tug said:

He is ag in name only he acts more like Donald’s personal lawyer than an ag that is the impression he earned in his biased strung out shameful roll out of the muller report

That's your opinion echoed by some opinion writers in the media who hate Mr. Trump!  Mr. Barr has been twice elected and highly unbiased AG! That's been revered by many in Congress, past and present such as Graham. Gowdy.Jordan and dems, biden and schummer !

https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news/politics/2019/01/15/democrats-praised-william-barr-before-donald-trump-nominated-him/

12 hours ago, cbtstorm said:

ah you're probably right???? but its too fascinating of a storey to leave it to msm

activist posing as journalists to weave. 

the good stuff is behind the curtains at which we can only speculate and independent journalists are trail blazing. unfortunately it seems those articles are not allowed in this msm safezone. oh well.

Do you mean the independent journalists that tell us 911 was done by the CIA, the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre never happened, Hillary Clinton is running a child pedophile ring from the basement of a pizza restaurant, etc.?

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

And you know that how?

There are a lot of people that believe the FBI acted inappropriately.

Honest men have nothing to hide.

Trump seems terrified of having Congress look at his financial records.  Must not be an honest man.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

I was just parroting the “honest men have nothing to hide” so popular with the release the documents crowd, I don’t really believe it.

One could make the same argument you make about Barr, about Mueller. Clearly he’s been involved in some sketchy investigations.

Again, releasing everything may raise security issues and could harm otherwise innocent people. There could well be things that make the President (or others) look bad, that are not illegal, and as such would only serve to humiliate him, assuming that is possible.

I did not see Mueller going out of his way to present both sides of the story, and he seemed pretty selective about what he presented.

Two years of investigation and nothing the could be considered prosecutable, and were still not done.

I think if Barr finds people involved in the investigation acted criminally, they should be prosecuted, just as I felt had Trump been found guilty he should be prosecuted. But I don’t think every note and document should be made public such the the press can pick through it and find all manner of crap to smear the President with.

Mueller  "Clearly" involved in some sketchy investigations?  It isn't clear to me and a lot of other people.  Care to elaborate?

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I'll remind you his name is Barr he is the AG of the USA

Known as "Cover-up General Barr" since 1992.  He has a long history of believing the President is above the law, and acting accordingly.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Known as "Cover-up General Barr" since 1992.  He has a long history of believing the President is above the law, and acting accordingly.

Apparently cover up didn't have much to do to earn him another appointment ! So much for history repeating itself! Democracy wins again

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Do you mean the independent journalists that tell us 911 was done by the CIA, the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre never happened, Hillary Clinton is running a child pedophile ring from the basement of a pizza restaurant, etc.?

the great unraveling of this Trump Russia conspiracy hoax investigation is here. We will eventually find out the origins, the construction, then players. some heads are gonna roll. 

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

Apparently cover up didn't have much to do to earn him another appointment ! So much for history repeating itself! Democracy wins again

Are you kidding?  Being the Cover-up General is why Trump appointed him.  Barr never sees anything being done by the President as a crime.  Now he's gone one step further and is promising to "find" crimes for the President.  The concern is that he will invent crimes where none exists.

2 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

the great unraveling of this Trump Russia conspiracy hoax investigation is here. We will eventually find out the origins, the construction, then players. some heads are gonna roll.

Unless crimes are invented, all that will be accomplished is a reminder of the corrupt and incompetent people in Trump's election campaign.

Unless crimes are invented, all that will be accomplished is a reminder of the corrupt and incompetent people in Trump's election campaign.

So you’re already setting up the old “crimes were invented” defense...

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Are you kidding?  Being the Cover-up General is why Trump appointed him.  Barr never sees anything being done by the President as a crime.  Now he's gone one step further and is promising to "find" crimes for the President.  The concern is that he will invent crimes where none exists.

declassification of documents bring you concerns. so you attack the Ag credibility.  defense 101

25 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

declassification of documents bring you concerns. so you attack the Ag credibility.  defense 101

The critics are about 'selective' declassification, not declassification. I guess all people whom are critical to Barr are for full transparency: declassification of all documents without selection by Barr.

The critics are about 'selective' declassification, not declassification. I guess all people whom are critical to Barr are for full transparency: declassification of all documents without selection by Barr.

You mean like Eric Holder did with “Fast and Furious”?

19 minutes ago, candide said:

Dr. Barr is a proctologist, this is gonna hurt. But they are gonna claim he left something up inside no matter what. 

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

That's right. Barr was the guy who recommended to George H.W. Bush that he pardon the accused perpetrators of Irangate. Or was it called Contragate? Bush himself, most likely being one of them.

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

You been told before, the investigators will find the crimes if any, not Mr.Barr!

the POTUS and the AG coordinating together to declassify and the investigators Horowitz , Durham and Huber are tasked in determining possible abuse with fisa ,possible intel abuse in the Trump campaign and investigating the investigators will determine what Mr. Trump has been claiming.

5 hours ago, cbtstorm said:

The AG's credibility, with regard to declassification of documents, is already proven to be a dubious affair.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

The AG's credibility, with regard to declassification of documents, is already proven to be a dubious affair.

By who , never trumpers , the whole dem party and sympathizers. sources  for this claim 

19 minutes ago, riclag said:

By who , never trumpers , the whole dem party and sympathizers. sources  for this claim 

Do you really need a re-hash of the recent episode involving Barr's version of Mueller's report?

:coffee1:

1 hour ago, Morch said:

No the real dubious affair was the last three years. "Trump a russian agent"

Dems went all out on this and we'll get to the bottom of why. I suspect its not just an election loss. 

Ofcourse attacking barr is just standard defense tactic even before any declassification. I wont matter though. I wonder who will be indicted first.

or will it be several at once.

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

So you’re already setting up the old “crimes were invented” defense...

There are two likely outcomes:

The investigation shows everything was done properly, but is kept open during the 2020 campaign to Trump can insist otherwise then, after the election, quietly dies.

The investigators provide a report detailing debates on how to proceed (there are always debates), and Barr cherry-picks the parts of the debates that support his (Trump's) conclusions, but recommends against charges so the full report can not be put in context.

6 hours ago, cbtstorm said:

Politically biased declassification by an Attorney General appointed to protect the President, not the constitution, gives me concerns.

Conservative columnist William Safire attacked Barr's credibility in 1992 when he gave him the name "Cover-up General Barr".  Barr has lived down to that name ever since.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

You been told before, the investigators will find the crimes if any, not Mr.Barr!

the POTUS and the AG coordinating together to declassify and the investigators Horowitz , Durham and Huber are tasked in determining possible abuse with fisa ,possible intel abuse in the Trump campaign and investigating the investigators will determine what Mr. Trump has been claiming.

The Mueller investigation began with all intelligence agencies agreeing Russia was interfering in the 2016 election, Trump calling for Russia to hack Hillary's emails and encouraging people to check Wikileaks, and suspicious contacts between Trump campaign officials and Russia.

This investigation begins with Trump making unfounded accusations.

Do you see the difference?

5 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

No the real dubious affair was the last three years. "Trump a russian agent"

Dems went all out on this and we'll get to the bottom of why. I suspect its not just an election loss. 

Ofcourse attacking barr is just standard defense tactic even before any declassification. I wont matter though. I wonder who will be indicted first.

or will it be several at once.

Why would anyone think Trump was a Russia agent?  Oh, I remember:

All US intelligence agencies agreed that Russia interfered with the 2016 election.

Trump was running a "Let's be friends with Russia" campaign while pursuing a major real estate deal in Moscow.

Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary's emails.

Trump encouraged everyone to check out Wikileaks, which was releasing emails hacked by Russia.

Trump hired lots of people for his campaign with shady Russia connections.

Archived