Vietnamese woman dies after fifth floor fall from Pattaya hotel - two small children found in her room

webfact

Vietnamese woman dies after fifth floor fall from Pattaya hotel - two small children found in her room

3pm.jpg
Picture: Ruk Siam News

Ruk Siam News reported that police and rescue services were called after a woman was found lying beside the R-Con@Siam hotel in Central Pattaya early this morning. 

She was still breathing and was taken to the nearby hospital but was soon pronounced dead. 

Staff said she was staying in Room 515 on the fifth floor of the hotel that is in Soi Bua Khao. 

Police went there and found two young children - one male and one female. 

They discovered that the victim was a Vietnamese woman named Miss Dang Thi Anh Van, aged 25. 

A witness called Wasana Moonthongkhun, 48, who was washing dishes nearby said she looked up and saw the woman first sitting then standing on the balcony.

She went back to washing her dishes then heard a thud and went to investigate. She then called the authorities. 

Police are not sure whether the woman committed suicide or fell by accident. 

Source: Ruk Siam News

The witness sees someone standing on a balcony and what does she do  .... She went back to washing her dishes then heard a thud and went to investigate. Amazing! They should start paying people to help, that would change things. Maybe a 10% commission on whatever is found on the victim.

38 minutes ago, saigonsunset said:

The witness sees someone standing on a balcony and what does she do  .... She went back to washing her dishes then heard a thud and went to investigate. Amazing! They should start paying people to help, that would change things. Maybe a 10% commission on whatever is found on the victim.

i am sure you call the police every time someone is seen standing on a balcony. ????????

32 minutes ago, orchis said:

i am sure you call the police every time someone is seen standing on a balcony. ????????

'I'm arresting you on suspicion of considering suicide by standing on a Pattaya balcony with no rail to speak of.  You must accompany me to soi 9 Police station or pay me a fine of two hundred baht.'

39 minutes ago, orchis said:

Indeed, "sitting" and "standing" on the balcony says the translation.

It does not say sitting/climbing on the railing or the like.

10 hours ago, webfact said:
A witness called Wasana Moonthongkhun, 48, who was washing dishes nearby said she looked up and saw the woman first sitting then standing on the balcony.

She went back to washing her dishes then heard a thud and went to investigate. She then called the authorities. 

This is the local Thai attitude.  Someone is looking like they might jump, but not her business so she go back to her washing,. 

At least call someone , security and maybe it could have been prevented. 

19 hours ago, saigonsunset said:

The witness sees someone standing on a balcony and what does she do

Perhaps I am missing something but standing, or sitting on a balcony is hardly unusual. Had she been standing and sitting on the guard rail, yes another matter. 

8 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Seems like someone goes flying in Pattaya at least once a week lately. Suicides aside - it sounds like more needs to be done on safety of balconies.

Wire mesh all over. Many cheaper local rooms for rent have it. No access from outside, no way to leap out from the inside. 

Archived