BANGKOK 17 July 2019 00:01
webfact

U.S. regulator sees approval of Boeing 737 MAX to fly as soon as late June - sources

45 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

i`ll avoid flights with boeing 734 max unless it`s the only option left

Dead on , pun intended. Im guessing there will be huge discounts to lure the public back and money rules .

1 hour ago, Pique Dard said:

i`ll avoid flights with boeing 734 max unless it`s the only option left

That's exactly what will happen. People are going to suddenly realize what a big deal this is when they need a connecting flight and will not be able to choose. Boeing is one half of a worldwide duopoly and as such people will simply be forced to fly the 737 Max should they need to go anywhere.

I guess retirees living in Thailand will have more leeway because they have the time on their hands. However business people do not have a choice they must be there promptly. Also anybody working and needs to fly the family home for Christmas is going to find a take it or leave it proposition when the flights are all booked out.

I am going to  be selfish and say that I will  avoid  flights  on this  aircraft until  multi millions of others  arrive  safely at destination !

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I am going to  be selfish and say that I will  avoid  flights  on this  aircraft until  multi millions of others  arrive  safely at destination !

Easier said than done if you need any connecting flight. For short hops sure, it's just your choices of time slots and dates may be severely limited. But if you don't mind doing a layover in Auckland Honolulu, and Seattle on your way to Shanghai you will have no problems.

Again this won't affect the TV crowd much who tend to be unemployed retirees. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Easier said than done if you need any connecting flight. For short hops sure, it's just your choices of time slots and dates may be severely limited. But if you don't mind doing a layover in Auckland Honolulu, and Seattle on your way to Shanghai you will have no problems.

a lot of those TV 'unemployed retirees' have quite a bit of disposable cash and fly quite as often as those poor employed folk. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

a lot of those TV 'unemployed retirees' have quite a bit of disposable cash and fly quite as often as those poor employed folk. 

I am only implying they have time that some of us mere mortals don't. Loads of disposable cash and all that time means they won't be as impacted. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

lol. I am a retiree. As  such am unemployed. But I still manage  to  get  out and about a  bit !

And in fact the  airlines I prefer do  not operate the  Max and to date have  cancelled orders  for them.

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Cheep dident want to pass on the extra training nessary to the customer a BIG mistake that being said I have faith in Boeing 

"Cheep dident", well sorry I only have little faith in you.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

No real need for a snidey, snotty crack like that.

40 minutes ago, rott said:

No real need for a snidey, snotty crack like that.

Read the thread it is only your take on the comment. 

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

lol. I am a retiree. As  such am unemployed. But I still manage  to  get  out and about a  bit !

And in fact the  airlines I prefer do  not operate the  Max and to date have  cancelled orders  for them.

Sometimes on this forum the perspective seems to be solely of the retiree living in Thailand. My comment is merely pointing out that the other 99.999999% of the human population doesn't have the luxury of traveling anytime they want on a whim. The hesitation to fly will probably persist for a few months. However I can't see people not flying over the holidays when they get time off of work because of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Here is a good statistic to think about.  In hours flown against passenger numbers, the B737, in all its variants, is statistically the safest aircraft ever produced, and yet, more people have died in B737 crashes than on any other type of aircraft. Of course, this is also a function of the number that have been manufactured, but still a rather interesting fact. 

The only 'onboard computer' that I trust in the cockpit is myself.

I never ask about what type of plane I am flying on, so I won't have any problem flying on it.   If I know it's one of these, I might ask the air hostess to make sure she gives the flight crew a special safety demonstration before take off.