Urchin-gate! Chinese tourists not guilty of urchin bashing - computer crime charges to follow?

webfact

Urchin-gate! Chinese tourists not guilty of urchin bashing - computer crime charges to follow?

4pm.jpg
Caption: We didn't bash the urchins! we were putting them back in the sea. 

Thai authorities on Koh Lipe in Thailand's south have accepted the explanation of a group of Chinese tourists that they did not bash several urchins on the beach. 

The tourists said they have been victims of social media defamation. 

Now the Thai police are going after those that posted misinformation under the 2017 computer crime act. 

Yesterday it was reported that the chief of the Tarutao National Park was sure that the tourists had bashed the urchins with a stick. A Thai man was even praised for bringing the matter to his attention. 

It looked like the tourists could be fined 50,000 baht. Chinese tourists were in the dock again.

But when the tourist police caught up with the tourists yesterday they denied urchin bashing.

They said that at high tide they had found three urchins and were using a shoe and a stick to help them back into the pools of the sea. 

They were furious with social media for defaming them.

The police accepted this and promised to find the person or people who had posted the fake story. 

Source: Sanook

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

The police accepted this and promised to find the person or people who had posted the fake story. 

OK, I'll be the first to translate it say it:

The police accepted this because they were Chinese. 

For christs sake,Thais kill anything apart from soi dogs and if they don't kill them they give them a lifetime of torture.havent the police got some more important things to get on with like road safety and the drug epidemic.typical Thai going for farang over nothing more than a big fart.i think they get some sort inner self conscious relief from their own behaviour by trying to make all foreigners look bad.

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

OK, I'll be the first to translate it say it:

The police accepted this because they were Chinese. 

and wonder how many notes they received

like the sea urchins were under threat from anything else except being the next meal at there condo

Yes, I believe the Chinese version.

This craze of trying to find fault in everything and rushing to post it on the social media will get increasingly more of these attention seekers into trouble with the law.

In addition, it will restrain people from helping others in need, animals and humans, for fear of false accusations by ignorant people.

It is a sad development in our society.

real or fake story it's irrelevant, as I said before, they will not file a police report nor they will fine them, they are Chinese and Thailand wants them back, thus bending over is the word of the day

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

and wonder how many notes they received

like the sea urchins were under threat from anything else except being the next meal at there condo

thai uni is not very good.    no pun intended

9 hours ago, webfact said:
Thai authorities on Koh Lipe in Thailand's south have accepted the explanation of a group of Chinese tourists that they did not bash several urchins on the beach. 

The tourists said they have been victims of social media defamation. 

Man!  I gotta remember that one.  If accused of anything - go on the Defamation Offensive!  Just mention 'defamation' and the powers to be just drool and spring to life.  

When I seen the headline for the first report, I thought the Chinese had been

hitting street urchins,  it looks like sea urchins will get you in bigger trouble.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Plenty of "fake" stories about Chinese out there....

I better hide all my pictures of Chinese feeding pigeons at Thapae Gate right under the "Do not feed the birds" sign. <laughs>  "Oh that's right!  Those Chinese looking people are actually, er, ahh, Americas!!!"  

Archived