The Elite Visa

Gents, just who Guarantees the Elite Visa ?

Is it a Thai Government Visa or as has been suggested to me a 'Visa' offered by a Private Company with Thai Government connections ?

There are now Youtube vids saying that the Elite Visa is now a better choice then locking up B800K for 5 months of the year and B400K for 12 months.

Serious Adult answers please.

john

I don't believe the scheme is guaranteed - but then is anything guaranteed in Thailand? Like everything in Thailand, nothing is certain but one would imagine that as more people sign up (and pay) for it, there is less likelihood of the scheme going tits up.

It's not the answer to your question, I know, but if the sums work for you and you can afford to part with the money, it's probably worth going for it.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

OP, I'm not surprised people are looking for alternatives. I had planned to obtain my next extension based on retirement and not follow the 3 month post application etc and just live off the 800. For the following application just return home country (do each yr anyway) and obtain an O-A instead. Then they changed to O-A requiring insurance. So yesterday I stuck 800k in fixed term deposit. 1.55%. 

I'm thinking people will start to look at alternatives. The elite visa isn't cheap but becoming more attractive. If I was under 50 or even early 50,s would definitely look at obtaining one.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

The Elite Visa is offered and approved by a Quasi-Governmental Agency.  There is an approval process and not all applicants are granted the visa.  I am looking into the 5 year Elite for myself when my current ext fo stay expires early next year.  In some aspects it is a simpler longer term solution then the current 1 year ext of stay cycle.  For the Elite 5 year option the 500,000 Baht gets the applicant almost 6 years(that is if one times the last years exit and return properly).  Currently there is not a requirement to purchase health insurance for the Elite program.  In short once the Elite is granted you get Mult-Entry(no need for a recently permit), must complete 90 day reports, comply with TM-30 requirements(this could depend on where you live) and finally exit and enter the country at least once year(if one does not exit the country then one must go to  immigration and complete a process similar to an extension?(this is where the Elite Rep lost me).  Good luck if you decide to buy.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

and finally exit and enter the country at least once year(if one does not exit the country then one must go to  immigration and complete a process similar to an extension?(this is where the Elite Rep lost me).

It's like getting a tourist visa extension/SETV, no documents needed from what i know. You just go there or send them to go there, pay 1900 THB and its sorted out.

22 minutes ago, 2tall said:

I have send an email message requesting costing details for an elite visa, have yet to receive any response from them. I question their veracity.

The costs are all on their website....

• Like 2