What Thai beer do you mostly drink?

What Thai beer do you mostly drink?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I myself like leo over the others. Chang definitely gives me head ache. I will drink Singha if there is no leo at the restaurant. My wife always want to go to upscale restaurant and they never have LEO. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

None, the strongest I drink is Bundaberg Ginger beer, and thats 

from Oz.

regards Worgeordie

Are you a Mormon? hehe?  nothing wrong with that.   Mitt Romney is my favorite politician and should have been President. 

1 minute ago, lubfishin said:

Are you a Mormon? hehe?  nothing wrong with that.   Mitt Romney is my favorite politician and should have been President. 

No I'm a Geordie, nothing wrong with being a teetotaler even here !

regards Worgeordie

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Beer Lao ???? 

specifically "Dark Beer Lao" its the best.... when I am in Laos there is also a home brew dark rice beer that is sold at a restaurant called Tyson's Kitchen that is the best in the world. But this poll for Thai beer

18 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

No I'm a Geordie, nothing wrong with being a teetotaler even here !

regards Worgeordie

Cool! My favourite tipple is Ranong green tea with jasmine. A local product I really like.

35 minutes ago, lubfishin said:
43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Beer Lao ???? 

specifically "Dark Beer Lao" its the best.... when I am in Laos there is also a home brew dark rice beer that is sold at a restaurant called Tyson's Kitchen that is the best in the world. But this poll for Thai beer

Thai, Lao - same same but different.

And I agree about the Dark Beer Lao.

54 minutes ago, lubfishin said:

I myself like leo over the others. Chang definitely gives me head ache. I will drink Singha if there is no leo at the restaurant.

I tried many Thai beers at first and found one called Thai beer it was dark and had a beer taste not a lager taste, don't see it anymore.

Out of the 3 you post I like the taste of Chang also the price.

I will drink water or soda if there is no Chang at a restaurant.

The two most popular beers in Thailand, Singha and Chang, both seem too sweet to my palate. Probably caused by being a Brit who enjoys bitter beer and dry stouts and porters (not all in the same glass!). Leo works OK but Archa suits my taste best of all the Thai beers. Can't get it in many bars, though, probably as it's not heavily promoted.  Agree with others about Lao beers, though. 

I don't recall the brands (I drunk too much defamation liquor yesterday), but it taste like if a wicked soi dog pissed in the bottle.

I'm sure you all know it, but we have no choice than to bow to the billionaires beer triopoly.

Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos all have great and cheap beers, but no no no Thailand has to be special 

I'm a Leo man. Singha is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. I love the taste of Chang but with the large amount that I drink it gives me a hangover that I never get with Leo.

I don't drink any of those cheap beers like Archer.

Heineken similarly has a horrible taste, to me and I cannot understand why anyone drinks the stuff....full of chemicals it tastes like.

Tiger is good beer. 

To my taste, Archer is the best tasting Thai beer, but you don't see it in bars often. If I'm out drinking, I drink Chang as the next best tasting, I agree about the hangover if you drink more than 4 or so. Leo taste metallic to me, like bad canned beer, Singha is far too sweet. Beer Laos is the best, but too overpriced in Thailand, as the Thai alcohol companies can't take competition.... 

I think that all commercial Thai beers (even Heineken) taste similarly mediocre, but are good for recreational drinking.

I find that Leffe, La Chouffe, & Dead Guy Ale, although expensive, are the best when I desire a quality beer.

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Tiger is good beer

Bingo  !    Tiger is one of the top asian beers.

Cheers Blue can tastes quite good.

Chang beer must be extra cold.

Leo beer is mild and a little sweet but palatable.

Singha beer is better tasting than Leo as it has better bite.

Of all the wheat beers around now I think Huntsman is the best but what I now drink in the evening at sundown ( don't drink any beer when the sun is shining , too early ) is the new My Beer made by Singha , the wife's younger brother is staying with us and he prefers it to Chang. A beer that doesn't grab my tonsils on the way down. 50 B in the local off licence .

22 hours ago, shackleton said:

I used to drink Singha beer bottles at 620ml 

they then changed the bottle size to 500ml same price as the old 620ml

now drink Chang beer 620ml

good price and the beer tastes good 

They sell Singha in 330, 500 and 620 ml bottles.

23 hours ago, vogie said:

I don't drink any of the above mentioned, they all taste like cats p...s. At home might drink Cheers Xtra, if we go out will drink Heinekin.

Look carefully (used to work in a liquor store in Canada) very few countries have the original Heineken. The beer you like to drink out is made here.

39 minutes ago, maxx58 said:

I think that all commercial Thai beers (even Heineken) taste similarly mediocre, but are good for recreational drinking.

I find that Leffe, La Chouffe, & Dead Guy Ale, although expensive, are the best when I desire a quality beer.

Oh, I forgot to add Erdinger & Weinheistafen German beers, delicious!

Archived