What Thai beer do you mostly drink?

What Thai beer do you mostly drink?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Guys, my first post :)

I try to avoid the big 3 brands here, rather stick with smaller breweries.

My favorite daily beer is Archa, nothing to do with its cheap price, also like Tiger, Cheers (same brewery) and the other day i found in Makro a beer

called Kloud in a 0,3l bottle. That was a nice change :) Also once in a while i treat myself for a Weihenstephan, Erdinger or Paulaner. Now i found Franziskaner in Makro..can highly recommend (the dark one).

What happened to Singha Light? Its out of stores for a while. Did they exchange it for the new MyBeer from Singha Brewery? Has the same alcohol content of 4,5%.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of them are that great, but neither are they terrible...  they definitely don't deserve the bad rap that some people give them, they are drinkable and don't attain to be the most luxurious beer on the market - they are the beer equivalent of table wine and for that the do the job they are designed to do. 

So I'll drink whatever is in the Fridge... Leo, Heineken, Singha, Chang, Ubeer, Mebeer (new one)... 

I also have Beer Laos in the Fridge a home but find that after 3 it seems heavy. 

Beer Laos White is nice, but I've only had that at a friends place. 

I really like Citrusy IPA's (such as Brewdog) but they are hellishly expensive over here, these too feel a bit too much after 3 or 4 though. 

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

None of them are that great, but neither are they terrible...  they definitely don't deserve the bad rap that some people give them, they are drinkable and don't attain to be the most luxurious beer on the market - they are the beer equivalent of table wine and for that the do the job they are designed to do. 

So I'll drink whatever is in the Fridge... Leo, Heineken, Singha, Chang, Ubeer, Mebeer (new one)... 

I also have Beer Laos in the Fridge a home but find that after 3 it seems heavy. 

Beer Laos White is nice, but I've only had that at a friends place. 

I really like Citrusy IPA's (such as Brewdog) but they are hellishly expensive over here, these too feel a bit too much after 3 or 4 though. 

Yea table wine priced like Chateau De La Shit

That's the point. It taste horrible and cost more than any beer in SE Asia or (most) Europe

Thailand does not allow competition in its beer market. The result is all beers are over-taxed and over-priced, the general quality of the mass market is abysmal and the range of choice is appallingly bad. It is a joke.

When faced with no other choice, I will drink Singha.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:15 PM, worgeordie said:

No I'm a Geordie, nothing wrong with being a teetotaler even here !

regards Worgeordie

I’ve worked with many a Geordie over the years and I thought a Geordie teetotaller was a myth,  joking Worgeordie haha. 

From the top 3 Thai beers I will only drink Leo....if I have to.

I've grown fond of the craft beers recently emerging into the market at 7/11.

I was liking Snowy until I tasted Kooper. Hoping it's available at Makro in the flats.

I never drink beer, but I buy Singha – and if sold out Leo – and stock it for my guests. They seem to prefer Singha, as most of them orders that when out; anyway, my guests – both farangs and native – have no problem with drinking free Singha, or free Leo, so I voted "Singha"... ????

On 5/24/2019 at 9:15 AM, worgeordie said:

No I'm a Geordie, nothing wrong with being a teetotaler even here !

regards Worgeordie

Geordie - Teetotaler? Now, that's something you don't see very often in the same sentence. ????

I have doubts thai beers are really beers at all. I detect no malt flavours, no hop bite or aroma. I suspect they are simply manufactured by assembling ingredients. I don't think they are actually lagered at all. Certainly the so called Craft beers made by Singa et al seem assembled from a mixture of alcohol, wheet flour to make them look cloudy and very crafty, ...... suger for sweetness and so on.

I agree Beer Lao dark and gold are lovely beers. Beer Chang is fine but these drinks are drunk ice cold so any flavour cannot be detected, only tongue sensation.

As an experiment try tasting any thai beer at room temperature and undiluted.

Has anyone with brewing experience been on a proper tour of any of the Thai breweries?

Around here Leo is the most expensive of the three but everyone I know even the poorest who might have been on Archa or Chang still seem to drink Leo.  Not a bad beer in my opinion but I will not be able to get it in my home country where I will be living from late next month after nearly six years here.  My most vaunted home national beer gives everyone I know a headache so I have never been one of those whom the adverts say "are drinking our beer here." (Steinlager.) Give me Speights or Monteiths any day.

In Thailand i mostly drink Chang.

In fact only Chang.

Chang since the year i arrived 19 years ago.

Hate Leo, Singha and Archa with a vengeance.

Singha for the vile taste, Leo because it is watery, weak and tasteless, and Archa, best we don't go there.

13 hours ago, maxx58 said:

I think that all commercial Thai beers (even Heineken) taste similarly mediocre, but are good for recreational drinking.

I find that Leffe, La Chouffe, & Dead Guy Ale, although expensive, are the best when I desire a quality beer.

LOVE LEFFE! And I'm American used to drink in Amsterdam.

I am lucky enough to be in England for a week and have sampled the delights from Dark Star, Young's Fullers. Twickenham and Kingston-Upon-Thames breweries already and tomorrow will visit the Jerusalem Tavern in Clerkenwell to sample the range of St Peters Brewery beers.

Not a lot to do with the topic but I thought I'd make you beer lovers jealous.

For the record I prefer Cheers Extra and Black Dragon with the occasional Snowy Weizen. Tiger if I have to drink a lager.

Archived