What Thai beer do you mostly drink?

What Thai beer do you mostly drink?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I used to drink Amarit & Kloster back in the day.  Sadly those Thai beers are no longer to be found in the LOS

Back in the day! you had a choice between Amarit, Kloster, Singha & Singha Gold - that was it - monopoly's worked a lot better back then! non of them were great but Singha Gold was my choice as next morning you could still function to some degree as not quite as many chemicals added as its "competitors"! Least now there is some choice. ????

Absolutely Beer Lao Dark and I think it is one of the best beers in the world and very affordable.   

I grew up in the "BEER capital of the world, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (at least that is what they claim) and I have been drinking since I was 2 years old...seriously...very common in the German tradition to start their kids young.   

I do love beer and have tasted so many and Beer Lao Dark reigns king except for Weihenstephaner Lager which is unavailable...only weiss beers for that brand...so unfortunate.   

It is like carrying 500 of Coca-Cola's products and not carrying the original classic Coca-Cola.  

Maybe the folks who ensured that Weihenstaphaner was available in the wheat beers had never tried the lager which is amazing.   Possibly you folks could assist me in getting into Rim Ping or Tops.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, HaleySabai said:

I've grown fond of the craft beers recently emerging into the market at 7/11.

I was liking Snowy until I tasted Kooper. Hoping it's available at Makro in the flats.

If you think Snowy is quality craft beer then I have something to tell you: YOU HAVE BEEN IN THAILAND FOR WAY TOO LONG

On 5/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, vogie said:

I don't drink any of the above mentioned, they all taste like cats p...s. At home might drink Cheers Xtra, if we go out will drink Heinekin.

Amazing - you think Heinekin doesn't taste like cat's piss! Although I've never drank any cat's piss personally so must bow to your experience.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Amazing - you think Heinekin doesn't taste like cat's piss! Although I've never drank any cat's piss personally so must bow to your experience.

How can you knock something when you have never tried it, would you say that you are shallow minded. ps Don't try Thai sausages, they taste like dog sh∆t.

17 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

If you think Snowy is quality craft beer then I have something to tell you: YOU HAVE BEEN IN THAILAND FOR WAY TOO LONG

Agree sir,

Manufactured and great looking can.

Assembled, not brewed, and no relationship with beer.

To all of you that mentioned Beer Lao Dark.........I have one thing to say.

Sharp minds think alike~!!!

To those of you that haven’t tried it........u need to.

Very nice taste, not heavy like Guinness, it’s a much lighter Dark Beer........give a try......ya have nothing to lose,

Enjoy

i will only consume thai beer if i am very desperate and its ice cold.

but more generally if there is a choice of establishments upon asking for a non thai option and finding none, ill move on to somewhere that does serve heineken or some other choice

• 3 months later...

I'll never understand why Leo is so popular.

I'd take a Singha or Chang over it, even Archa!

Though truth I do sometimes drink Leo - it is fine - I just don't get why it is the "go to" choice for most Thais and farangs.

I still havent found out which one is turning my <deleted> green. I shall have to start a beer diary.

Laos Dark/Blonde are easily my favorites over this part of the world though.

Archived