Next Monday I'll go to Savannakhet to apply for Non-O Visa

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Proof of 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income and proof of retirement. 

A few posts of getting a multiple entry visa there but most are for single entry visas.

Thanks, UJ. I would definitely apply for multiple entry.

Can the 800k be in a Thai bank (I've been working here for years) or does it have to be in the US (home country)?

I went to the Savannakhet Thai consulate site, all in Thai, but from a consulate in another country it lists among other requirements for the non-O:

1. Criminal Record Certificate, not more than 3 months old, issued by the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident

2. Medical Certificate, not more than 3 months old, certifying that the applicant does not suffer from illnesses such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third Stage Syphilis.(Download Medical Cert)

In case 1. is required can I satisfy it with a Thai Police Clearance Cert. again because I haven't been back to the US in more than 10 years? 2. is trivial.

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Thanks, UJ. I would definitely apply for multiple entry.

Can the 800k be in a Thai bank (I've been working here for years) or does it have to be in the US (home country)?

You may be able to get one in Savannakhet. To be certain of getting one I suggest going to the consulate in Penang which has the same financial requirements.

The 800k baht can be in a Thai bank.

7 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

I went to the Savannakhet Thai consulate site, all in Thai, but from a consulate in another country it lists among other requirements for the non-O:

None of those will be needed at Savannakhet or Penang.

They is listing the requirements for OA visa not a non-o visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you mean by dependent?

Ubonjoe, how about Non O single base on having a thai child. Is there any changes in savannakhet? Do the documents need to be sign by my partner for her id and house registration book. As i know before, base on thai child, documents base on thai depended do not need to be sign by my partner. I will be going on Monday

15 minutes ago, DK2223 said:

Ubonjoe, how about Non O single base on having a thai child. Is there any changes in savannakhet? Do the documents need to be sign by my partner for her id and house registration book. As i know before, base on thai child, documents base on thai depended do not need to be sign by my partner. I will be going on Monday

No changes.

No need for them to be signed you your partner.

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes.

No need for them to be signed you your partner.

Thanks. So i know the only original birth certificate is needed? Or do i need the original house registration book also?

Edited by DK2223

31 minutes ago, DK2223 said:

Thanks. So i know the only original birth certificate is needed? Or do i need the original house registration book also?

You need the original birth certificate to show them and a copy attached to your application.

Only a copy of the house book registry is needed.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need the original birth certificate to show them and a copy attached to your application.

Only a copy of the house book registry is needed.

Thanks alot for the confirmation.

• 4 months later...

Next week I will go to Savannakhet to make a new NON O Visa. Two months ago, when I extended my visa for two months at Chaeng Wattana, I was also issued a sheet to notify every 90 days the residence. Now making a new visa, do I still have to notify the address by the printed date 20 November?

Thanks for answers.

WechatIMG166.jpeg

32 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Two months ago, when I extended my visa for two months at Chaeng Wattana, I was also issued a sheet to notify every 90 days the residence. Now making a new visa, do I still have to notify the address by the printed date 20 November?

No need to do a 90 day report at all that slip was an error. Your 60 day extension application is equal to doing a 90 day report. 

No need to worry about it especially since your are leaving the which ends the 90 day stay in the country reporting requirement.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to do a 90 day report at all that slip was an error. Your 60 day extension application is equal to doing a 90 day report. 

No need to worry about it especially since your are leaving the which ends the 90 day stay in the country reporting requirement.

Yeah, I thought it was weird, too. Thanks Joe

Someone has a Visa application Form for Laos for Savannakhet custom?
I found nothing on the web, and I would like to quickly pass custom to  have a nice tea on the banks of the Mekong, while others queue at the Thai Consulate.????

I only found the form for Vientiane custom, but it's blurry, looks badly scanned.

Thanks for answers.

Is this Form still in use? Is correct?

5907f9aee47d2_LaosVisaApplication.jpg.2cac60443194683b78fda6db229c51bb.jpg

Edited by zhounan
add document

• 4 months later...

I use an old topic, don't want to open a new one. 

Next week I'll make my usual visit to the consulate in Savannakhet for a new non-O visa, the paperwork to be presented are always the same, right? 
This time I'm very worried, being Italian, and reading daily news that clearly discriminates against my fellow countrymen, I'm afraid I might have problems at the border. 

7 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Next week I'll make my usual visit to the consulate in Savannakhet for a new non-O visa, the paperwork to be presented are always the same, right? 

Same paperwork. But there have been reports of them wanting a name change certificate if you wife changed her name to yours.

7 minutes ago, zhounan said:

This time I'm very worried, being Italian, and reading daily news that clearly discriminates against my fellow countrymen, I'm afraid I might have problems at the border. 

It is only a problem entering the country if you are arriving at an airport from Italy. Not a problem if you have been here for awhile.

• Like 1