Jump to content
BANGKOK
zhounan

Next Monday I'll go to Savannakhet to apply for Non-O Visa

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Proof of 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income and proof of retirement. 

A few posts of getting a multiple entry visa there but most are for single entry visas.

Thanks, UJ. I would definitely apply for multiple entry.

 

Can the 800k be in a Thai bank (I've been working here for years) or does it have to be in the US (home country)?

 

I went to the Savannakhet Thai consulate site, all in Thai, but from a consulate in another country it lists among other requirements for the non-O:

 

1. Criminal Record Certificate, not more than 3 months old, issued by the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident

 

2. Medical Certificate, not more than 3 months old, certifying that the applicant does not suffer from illnesses such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction and Third Stage Syphilis.(Download Medical Cert)

 

In case 1. is required can I satisfy it with a Thai Police Clearance Cert. again because I haven't been back to the US in more than 10 years? 2. is trivial.

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Thanks, UJ. I would definitely apply for multiple entry.

 

Can the 800k be in a Thai bank (I've been working here for years) or does it have to be in the US (home country)?

 

You may be able to get one in Savannakhet. To be certain of getting one I suggest going to the consulate in Penang which has the same financial requirements.

The 800k baht can be in a Thai bank.

7 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

I went to the Savannakhet Thai consulate site, all in Thai, but from a consulate in another country it lists among other requirements for the non-O:

None of those will be needed at Savannakhet or Penang.

They is listing the requirements for OA visa not a non-o visa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Non O base on dependent..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DK2223 said:

How about Non O base on dependent..?

What do you mean by dependent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you mean by dependent?

Ubonjoe, how about Non O single base on having a thai child. Is there any changes in savannakhet? Do the documents need to be sign by my partner for her id and house registration book. As i know before, base on thai child, documents base on thai depended do not need to be sign by my partner. I will be going on Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DK2223 said:

Ubonjoe, how about Non O single base on having a thai child. Is there any changes in savannakhet? Do the documents need to be sign by my partner for her id and house registration book. As i know before, base on thai child, documents base on thai depended do not need to be sign by my partner. I will be going on Monday

No changes.

No need for them to be signed you your partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes.

No need for them to be signed you your partner.

Thanks. So i know the only original birth certificate is needed? Or do i need the original house registration book also?

Edited by DK2223

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DK2223 said:

Thanks. So i know the only original birth certificate is needed? Or do i need the original house registration book also?

You need the original birth certificate to show them and a copy attached to your application.

Only a copy of the house book registry is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need the original birth certificate to show them and a copy attached to your application.

Only a copy of the house book registry is needed.

Thanks alot for the confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Denim said:

 

Some people have mentioned big queues on certain days. What was your experience ?

Yes, mid week and it was packed. Probably 200+ people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...