BANGKOK 25 June 2019 15:05
webfact

Mandatory health insurance for over 50s in Thailand only affects those on Non-Immigrant Visa O-A

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

See now your just being nasty. Was only trying to help...keep pumping the key board drama, knock yourself out ! Im out for a beer 😀

Lol.. Knock myself out!!!  See the other thread on mandatory Health Insurance, I literally did that coming out of the BTS on Sunday & ended up in Sukv Hospital with a 15K bill

Have 2 insurances one of which should cover it (hopefully corporate as it wont impact my private renewal), will work that out when I'm back in the office on Monday... 

Enjoy your Beer(sssssssss) 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

Sorry. What is a O-A visa used for?

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

It is not perfectly clear when there are conflicting statements made in this article and in the older one.  It one place it says "on" an OA and in an other place says either "applying for" or "seeking".  So which one is clearly the correct one?

I give up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its main purpose is arguments on thaivisa, lol.

OA is the visa you get from home country, 1 year entry for the purpose of retirement. No need for money in a thai bank.

Then why is it I got an O instead of OA because I got it from home country for retirement purpose too.

This is quite confusing.

Thank you to clarify this matter. However I got a feeling that this solution is temporary. 

Maybe the day will come that everybody has to have an insurance which would make sense to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Then why is it I got an O instead of OA because I got it from home country for retirement purpose too.

This is quite confusing.

O visa only gives entry and a 90 day stay then you would have switched to an extension based on retirement. 

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

O visa only gives entry and a 90 day stay then you would have switched to an extension based on retirement. 

What are the conditions of giving a 1 year O-A visa instead of a 90 day O visa based on retirement?

Sorry, you may believe the word of the guy in Hua Hin but I'd put good money that by the end of the year he is proven.  

I‘m astonished that such an underdog is authorized to make such a statement in public. A candidate to be transferred to an inactive post.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What are the conditions of giving a 1 year O-A visa instead of a 90 day O visa based on retirement?

OA involves getting medicial and police checks, showing money in a bank account (usually home country), documents witnessed by a notary. And it appears in the near future, getting insurance.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

From day one this applied only to non-immigrant visa O-A.

Too much speculation.

So far....Thais will see the profitability of their current decision, will not be surprised if this is extended to ALL visas...time will tell.

Proves nor answers nothing. One man said.... Take that to your local Admin office. Lol. 

That's ridiculous, it should apply to all long-term visas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks TV appreciated