Flat whites and macchiatos in Pattaya

Jingthing

This year I started to drink coffee out again (previously had only been having it at home with breakfast). I don't like lattes so generally have been ordering cappuccinos. But now I'm sick of cappuccinos and want to drink more macchiatos and possibly flat whites.

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too? Even if so, I'd rather avoid Starbucks.

I had a macchiato at Benjamit (South Pattaya) the other day and it was very good but most places don't seem to have it. 

So where are people going for macchiatos and are flat whites available in Pattaya, and if so, where?

14 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m keeping my place here in Patts a secret as increased customers usually leads to higher cost and poorer service IMHO........ :whistling:

Well you could PM me and if I post about it you could kill me? 

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too?

No flat whites. They've got macchiatos though. 

You may as well be speaking Latin for all I know, there is only one coffee Nescafe, I don't drink the stuff I have Yorkshire Tea a proper bleedin Beveridge, my Mrs has 1 black coffee a day.

What is wrong with you people ????????

No need to go out at all for your CDS.  (Caffeine Delivery System)  Let's face it.... Most local coffee is pretty awful, or soul crushingly expensive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=caffeine&location=local

That's a stark contrast from just a few years ago when caffeine tablets weren't available at all in LOS.  Handy in a pinch to avoid those caffeine withdrawal headaches and to treat migraine...

2 hours ago, impulse said:

No need to go out at all for your CDS.  (Caffeine Delivery System)  Let's face it.... Most local coffee is pretty awful, or soul crushingly expensive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=caffeine&location=local

That's a stark contrast from just a few years ago when caffeine tablets weren't available at all in LOS.  Handy in a pinch to avoid those caffeine withdrawal headaches and to treat migraine...

Certainly not my idea of enjoying a cup of coffee.

And, there are plenty of places with good coffee for 30 or 40 b a cup fresh ground.  Several shops in the area of Tukcom mall.

If a buck or so is "crushingly expensive" for you to pay for a fresh ground coffee gee, really sorry to hear that.

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Certainly not my idea of enjoying a cup of coffee.

And, there are plenty of places with good coffee for 30 or 40 b a cup fresh ground.  Several shops in the area of Tukcom mall.

If a buck or so is "crushingly expensive" for you to pay for a fresh ground coffee gee, really sorry to hear that.

If you think a $1 cuppa is good, I feel for you...

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too? Even if so, I'd rather avoid Starbucks.

11 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

No flat whites. They've got macchiatos though. 

Strange they're not doing flat whites in a city like Pattaya. Starbucks in Ubon Ratchathani Central Plaza started doing them several months ago. My preferred choice every time and these aren't at all bad.

For those who drink real coffee (ie expressos or what, in Oz, is called a 'short black' [Memo to all Australians: Remember not to ask for that in Usofa!]), Starbucks - for me, here in Surin & at Terminal 21 in BKK - does a good one. More importantly, Starbucks also has - at Oz prices - the best beans I have been able to find for my expresso machine here at home.

3 or 4 double shots a day. Bliss.

Oh for the days when you just ordered a coffee or tea. Now you have to have a university degree to understand the menu. What are macchiatos and flat whites anyway? I thought flat whites were caucasian drinkers after spending all day in their favourite watering hole.????

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Oh for the days when you just ordered a coffee or tea. Now you have to have a university degree to understand the menu.

The fanciful nomenclature and faux mystique ensures a higher return for the vendor.????

We have a hole in the wall coffee shop in San Kamphaeng that does flat whites to die for at 35 baht. I am a coffee addict of the worst kind and know my coffee. I have been surprised at how much better the quality of coffee is now increasing here. I don't know how some of these hole in the wall places can afford 140K plus machines and not that many customers. 

2 hours ago, myjawe said:

For 25 thb 711 coffee is good enough. In my opinion only idiots pay 100+ for a coffee.

I agree.

Freshly ground, decent taste at a very fair price.

May be the best bang for the buck quick and easy cup of joe in Thailand.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:45 PM, Jingthing said:

I don't like lattes so generally have been ordering cappuccinos. But now I'm sick of cappuccinos and want to drink more macchiatos and possibly flat whites.

This is an English language forum.

Please speak English.:ninja:

3 hours ago, myjawe said:

For 25 thb 711 coffee is good enough. In my opinion only idiots pay 100+ for a coffee.

I'll even pay 100 baht for a beer when at some establishments   *though the 7-11 Tapper lager at 6.5% is a better deal.

There is a good coffee place called 94 coffee, Thai owned company,  in Bangkok at the Homepro on Rama III. (may be others)  90 baht for a Macchiato.  If in the mood for a real treat try an Affogato for 90 baht! (vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over the top)

It does seem strange that I pay more for coffee and beer than a decent meal at times ???????? 55

On 5/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jingthing said:

That's weird. If they did start doing them in the USA I would think Thailand is more in the Australia lane than the USA. 

Look up how to make flat white then ask you favorite local shop

to make you one......

I do not drink a lot of Coffee, so rarely buy, but in my line of business I am often sent to a number of the large coffee chain outlets, who always offer me a fee drink, when asked what coffee I want they always look blank when I say "just a normal white coffee"...    

23 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I do not drink a lot of Coffee, so rarely buy, but in my line of business I am often sent to a number of the large coffee chain outlets, who always offer me a fee drink, when asked what coffee I want they always look blank when I say "just a normal white coffee"...    

What's that? 

Archived