BANGKOK 20 June 2019 06:03
Jingthing

Flat whites and macchiatos in Pattaya

Posted (edited)

This year I started to drink coffee out again (previously had only been having it at home with breakfast). I don't like lattes so generally have been ordering cappuccinos. But now I'm sick of cappuccinos and want to drink more macchiatos and possibly flat whites.

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too? Even if so, I'd rather avoid Starbucks.

I had a macchiato at Benjamit (South Pattaya) the other day and it was very good but most places don't seem to have it. 

So where are people going for macchiatos and are flat whites available in Pattaya, and if so, where?

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too?

No flat whites. They've got macchiatos though. 

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

That's weird. If they did start doing them in the USA I would think Thailand is more in the Australia lane than the USA. 

Try Southern Coffee and Amazon. If no Macchiato, just order Expresso.

There is an Italian place in the LK hotel on beach road.

I think it is called La Costa. I had a macchiato there a while back.

No need to go out at all for your CDS.  (Caffeine Delivery System)  Let's face it.... Most local coffee is pretty awful, or soul crushingly expensive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=caffeine&location=local

That's a stark contrast from just a few years ago when caffeine tablets weren't available at all in LOS.  Handy in a pinch to avoid those caffeine withdrawal headaches and to treat migraine...

2 hours ago, impulse said:

No need to go out at all for your CDS.  (Caffeine Delivery System)  Let's face it.... Most local coffee is pretty awful, or soul crushingly expensive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from=input&q=caffeine&location=local

That's a stark contrast from just a few years ago when caffeine tablets weren't available at all in LOS.  Handy in a pinch to avoid those caffeine withdrawal headaches and to treat migraine...

Certainly not my idea of enjoying a cup of coffee.

And, there are plenty of places with good coffee for 30 or 40 b a cup fresh ground.  Several shops in the area of Tukcom mall.

If a buck or so is "crushingly expensive" for you to pay for a fresh ground coffee gee, really sorry to hear that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Certainly not my idea of enjoying a cup of coffee.

And, there are plenty of places with good coffee for 30 or 40 b a cup fresh ground.  Several shops in the area of Tukcom mall.

If a buck or so is "crushingly expensive" for you to pay for a fresh ground coffee gee, really sorry to hear that.

If you think a $1 cuppa is good, I feel for you...

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't walked into a Starbucks in a long time. I heard they started selling flat whites (Aussie thing) in the USA but is that happening in Thailand too? Even if so, I'd rather avoid Starbucks.

11 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Strange they're not doing flat whites in a city like Pattaya. Starbucks in Ubon Ratchathani Central Plaza started doing them several months ago. My preferred choice every time and these aren't at all bad.

• Like 1