BANGKOK 26 June 2019 09:58
Jingthing

Flat whites and macchiatos in Pattaya

You don't mention Latte. Too milky maybe. Why not add an extra coffee shot? 

For those who drink real coffee (ie expressos or what, in Oz, is called a 'short black' [Memo to all Australians: Remember not to ask for that in Usofa!]), Starbucks - for me, here in Surin & at Terminal 21 in BKK - does a good one. More importantly, Starbucks also has - at Oz prices - the best beans I have been able to find for my expresso machine here at home.

3 or 4 double shots a day. Bliss.

We have a hole in the wall coffee shop in San Kamphaeng that does flat whites to die for at 35 baht. I am a coffee addict of the worst kind and know my coffee. I have been surprised at how much better the quality of coffee is now increasing here. I don't know how some of these hole in the wall places can afford 140K plus machines and not that many customers. 

• Like 1

For 25 thb 711 coffee is good enough. In my opinion only idiots pay 100+ for a coffee.

5 minutes ago, myjawe said:

For 25 thb 711 coffee is good enough. In my opinion only idiots pay 100+ for a coffee.

So what kind of wine do you like? :stoner:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, myjawe said:

I agree.

Freshly ground, decent taste at a very fair price.

May be the best bang for the buck quick and easy cup of joe in Thailand.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, myjawe said:

I'll even pay 100 baht for a beer when at some establishments   *though the 7-11 Tapper lager at 6.5% is a better deal.

There is a good coffee place called 94 coffee, Thai owned company,  in Bangkok at the Homepro on Rama III. (may be others)  90 baht for a Macchiato.  If in the mood for a real treat try an Affogato for 90 baht! (vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over the top)

It does seem strange that I pay more for coffee and beer than a decent meal at times 🤔🤑 55

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

Don’t know if they have them in Pattaya but AuBonPain in Bangkok has amazing macchiatos and great bagels as well.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jingthing said:

That's weird. If they did start doing them in the USA I would think Thailand is more in the Australia lane than the USA. 

Look up how to make flat white then ask you favorite local shop

to make you one......

I do not drink a lot of Coffee, so rarely buy, but in my line of business I am often sent to a number of the large coffee chain outlets, who always offer me a fee drink, when asked what coffee I want they always look blank when I say "just a normal white coffee"...    

23 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I do not drink a lot of Coffee, so rarely buy, but in my line of business I am often sent to a number of the large coffee chain outlets, who always offer me a fee drink, when asked what coffee I want they always look blank when I say "just a normal white coffee"...    

What's that?