Flat whites and macchiatos in Pattaya

Jingthing

Just now, losworld said:

coffee is quite unhealthy it beats up your adrenaline system and indirectly creates a weakened immune system and don't believe the coffee industry sponsored "coffee prevents cancer" and other b.s.

Oh spare us.

Just now, losworld said:

coffee is quite unhealthy it beats up your adrenaline system and indirectly creates a weakened immune system and don't believe the coffee industry sponsored "coffee prevents cancer" and other b.s.

well coffee, at least four of them a day, stops me becoming a very unreasonable human being, so that's  a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well coffee, at least four of them a day, stops me becoming a very unreasonable human being, so that's  a good thing.

that's only because you are suffering from withdrawl from an unregulated drug... quit the coffee lose the withdrawl and you will actually feel better... not much different than nicotine...

1 minute ago, losworld said:

that's only because you are suffering from withdrawl from an unregulated drug... quit the coffee lose the withdrawl and you will actually feel better... not much different than nicotine...

Been there, done that. Drinking coffee in moderation is a wonderful thing. If you don't want to, then don't. This isn't a health topic. 

1 minute ago, losworld said:

I know why it is, and I happen to like that particular drug thanks.  And I don't believe that in conservative amounts it's at all bad for most people. As usual with most things health related,  contradictory research can be quoted to support both positions.  

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

I know why it is, and I happen to like that particular drug thanks.  And I don't believe that in conservative amounts it's at all bad for most people. As usual with most things health related,  contradictory research can be quoted to support both positions.  

spoken like a truly addicted lol....

Just now, losworld said:

spoken like a truly addicted lol....

replied like a true blind adherent to false doctrine. 

we can all have an opinion and rubbish the opposite view.  Now, I will just put the kettle on, it's about that time again, before the shakes and sweats start ???? 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

replied like a true blind adherent to false doctrine. 

we can all have an opinion and rubbish the opposite view.  Now, I will just put the kettle on, it's about that time again, before the shakes and sweats start ???? 

lol sounds like you are well into withdrawl symptoms time for a hit lol

On 5/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, Golden Triangle said:

What is wrong with you people ????????

I have to agree with you, companies like Starwhatever laughing all the way to the bank, "flat white" its bl**dy milk! 

There's a tiny place hidden away up the back street directly opposite Pattaya Memorial Hospital main entrance.

Begins with "M" but the full name escapes me.

Wonderful coffee, extensive menu, decent prices.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, Jingthing said:

That's weird. If they did start doing them in the USA I would think Thailand is more in the Australia lane than the USA. 

Jomtien Beach Rd, next door to EuroStar Restaurant is a small

Coffee/Cake Shop that has a nice selection of different coffee's.

They have Flat White's on the menu.

30 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh dear, no they aint

"marketing" will try make out it is soo much more - its milk! - I don't like milk - its for calves - coffee should be drunk black and strong & hot! ???? 

44 minutes ago, Traubert said:

There's a tiny place hidden away up the back street directly opposite Pattaya Memorial Hospital main entrance.

Begins with "M" but the full name escapes me.

Wonderful coffee, extensive menu, decent prices.

I know the place, great smoothies as well as good coffee.  Haven't  been there in over a year, but I was impressed with it.  Nice people serving there too.  

OP, if you are looking for coffee thats similar to Australian coffee shops, Coffee Club,. the Australian chain has two stores in Pattaya, one in Royal plaza and one in T21.

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I know the place, great smoothies as well as good coffee.  Haven't  been there in over a year, but I was impressed with it.  Nice people serving there too.  

I just remembered the name in the shower.

Malamoute Cafe.

Yes, very polite and helpful people in there. Also good salads and sandwiches.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, johng said:

I thought macchiatos where male mosquitoes ???  ????

I hadn't heard much about him after the karate kid and crossroads, but seems he's been quite busy again the past couple of years...

On 5/25/2019 at 8:24 PM, Skallywag said:

There is a good coffee place called 94 coffee, Thai owned company,  in Bangkok at the Homepro on Rama III. (may be others)  90 baht for a Macchiato.  If in the mood for a real treat try an Affogato for 90 baht! (vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso poured over the top)

It does seem strange that I pay more for coffee and beer than a decent meal at times ???????? 55

There used to be a 94 Coffee at Big C/Home Pro on Pattaya Klang, not sure if it's still there, though.  I believe the name derives from the temperature of the water used to make their coffee:  94° C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Sandy Freckle said:

Any cafe's that might open early ?

How early?  The newish bakery/cafe in Jomtien Complex with the black exterior opens at 800am (or maybe 700am...?)

On 5/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chris Ubon said:

Strange they're not doing flat whites in a city like Pattaya. Starbucks in Ubon Ratchathani Central Plaza started doing them several months ago. My preferred choice every time and these aren't at all bad.

Must confess I just noticed that they are on the expresso menu after all, certainly in Bkk anyway. Because they never had them a few years ago, I obviously completely missed it when they were added to the permanent menu. 

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Must confess I just noticed that they are on the expresso menu after all, certainly in Bkk anyway. Because they never had them a few years ago, I obviously completely missed it when they were added to the permanent menu. 

the stuff Starbucks serves is not coffee

On 6/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, wpcoe said:

How early?  The newish bakery/cafe in Jomtien Complex with the black exterior opens at 800am (or maybe 700am...?)

7am would be tolerable...., 6:30 or 6am would be better but I get that's highly unlikely in this specific location.
Thanks for your input !!

Archived