Any reports of Thailand Elite being denied on entry?

On 5/25/2019 at 9:24 AM, khunpa said:

Just send in your application and see if it gets denied or not. I had a one time overstay history (1-2 days) when I applied and it was not an issue.

Once approved, I see no reason for you being denied anything.

BTW. Can highly recommend the Elite visa. 

You could be denied anyway if they believe you are working in Thailand, thai elite visa is just a tourist visa. If you live in Thailand full time with it they might ask you where you are working and where your money is coming from, and if your answer is not straight and clear, you could be denied entry.

The elite visa was made for the elites who actually like to travel to Thailand but are not living in Thailand full time. It's just to avoid queues to make visas.

I was asked once what I do in Thailand (I have the elite visa) and I show them that I work in Dubai with my work permit and all the documentation. Also explaining to them that as the director of the company I only need to attend important meetings so my presence is not needed in Dubai too often.

Edited by JohnnyBKK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Didn't want to start a new TE thread, so I'll leave this here...

Tomorrow I will find out just how much "clout" TE has in dealing with immigration as someone from the TE office will be going to CW to do a 90 day report for me. I normally do the 90 day report online, but I was unable to submit one this time. This will be my first 90 day report since obtaining the TE visa.

My registration for online TM30 reporting is still awaiting approval, so the TE rep will arrive with no TM30 receipt in hand. I don't think my landlord had ever heard of a TM30 before this past weekend.

The rep told me TE would try but could not guarantee a 90 day report would be accepted.  Depends on the whim (I'm paraphrasing) of the individual IO, they said (tell me something I don't already know.) Rep said IO "might" cut me some slack insofar as I've never been asked for a TM30 before. 

This will definitely be a test of the actual value of the TE visa, (for me) though I have to say, right now I'm not feeling very "elite" being treated like a crook on probation by TI.

I normally do my 90 day reports myself (I live in Hua Hin - it takes 5 minutes at Bluport mall where I go shopping every week anyway) but I've always been under the impression that you can send anyone to do them for you regardless of what type of visa you currently have.

You only need to turn up in person to do an extension of stay, this was always the way.....

• Like 2

Just a follow-up to my last post:

Thailand Elite came through for me today.

As I mentioned, I got caught flat footed without either a TM30 or a TM24, and TE was still able to do my 90 day report for me at CW today.

Very pleased with the service and with today's outcome.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Just a follow-up to my last post:

Thailand Elite came through for me today.

As I mentioned, I got caught flat footed without either a TM30 or a TM24, and TE was still able to do my 90 day report for me at CW today.

Very pleased with the service and with today's outcome.

Excellent, thanks for the info. They kinda said that via email that its landlords responsibility...guess it is true.

They just can't rip us off if we aren't there in person, but i am a bit worried they might just "visit" us instead? 

19 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Excellent, thanks for the info. They kinda said that via email that its landlords responsibility...guess it is true.

They just can't rip us off if we aren't there in person, but i am a bit worried they might just "visit" us instead? 

That particular worry still lingers in the back of my mind as well.

Furthermore, TE can't protect its members from police shakedowns.

We just have to play heads-up football at all times, I guess.

• 3 months later...

its not very appealing that thai elite visa holders are also subject to TM30... hardly anything elite about being treated like a criminal.

i have a feeling a lot of TE Visa holder will not be renewing their membership this year as the mass exodus of foreign expats is already happening. So many are selling up and leaving now... i also think many dont know if they want to commit to another 5-20 years stay in a kingdom that has an army government guaranteed for the next decade and TM30 <deleted>. So many are using the buy 5 get 1 year free technique... except TE dont like that and are now trying scare tactics to prevent the extra 12 months happening, which is wrong if you ask me...as they will definitely push foreigners to not renew and leave as many of us are just trying to buy some extra time to see how far Thailand is gonna fall..

Edited by djlest
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I can 100% confirm that I'm not renewing my elite visa, I want to feel like a VIP not like a criminal. This was sold to me as being part of the elite of Thailand (words used by the elite staff was "you are now a friend of Thailand, an elite member of the society), didn't know the elite had to do TM30s (and still do 90 days reports).

If you can avoid going to immigration, by letting TE take care of 90 day reports or doing them on-line yourself, and travelling out and back into Thailand at least once a year, to get a new one year Permit to Stay, you can skip the TM30 too.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you can avoid going to immigration, by letting TE take care of 90 day reports or doing them on-line yourself, and travelling out and back into Thailand at least once a year, to get a new one year Permit to Stay, you can skip the TM30 too.

And how do you renew your driving license ? Sell or buy a car and stuff like that ? I'm tired of this paperwork, so tired.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

And how do you renew your driving license ? Sell or buy a car and stuff like that ? I'm tired of this paperwork, so tired.

I tend to forget stuff like that, had the same car and bike for a decade+, driving licence lasts 6 years and there is the option of a residence certificate from an Embassy. No denying I am sick to my back teeth from the 4-500 copies I have made of my passport and given to immigration over the years. 

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I tend to forget stuff like that, had the same car and bike for a decade+, driving licence lasts 6 years and there is the option of a residence certificate from an Embassy. No denying I am sick to my back teeth from the 4-500 copies I have made of my passport and given to immigration over the years. 

Driving license is for 2 yrs only on elite visa, I had to renew mine twice already and soon again ! I'm trying to sell the car instead, I hate these documents.

15 minutes ago, acenase said:

The purpose of the Thai Elite visa is for you to literally LIVE IN THAILAND.

What reason would they deny you for. Common sense man.

Purpose of exemption on entry and tourist visa is to visit Thailand, yet they still refuse visitors for fake reasons.

4 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

If you're elite, you can spend money to buy sell car using an agent (I have done that). I see ads for agents doing license also. Of course if you're living on somtam and 40 baht pork soup after buying your elite, you're out of luck. 

Edited by onera1961

3 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Driving license is for 2 yrs only on elite visa, I had to renew mine twice already and soon again ! I'm trying to sell the car instead, I hate these documents.

I got a 5 year license while on the TE visa, I've still got it now. Maybe next time it will be a 2 year license.

17 hours ago, acenase said:

The purpose of the Thai Elite visa is for you to literally LIVE IN THAILAND.

What reason would they deny you for. Common sense man.

Is it ? I thought the purpose of TE was to provide benefits for well off people who lived elsewhere but visited Thailand often.

If I'm right or more or less right it's clear from this thread and others that some TE holders perceive it quite differently - ie a kind of permanent residence visa.

That's fine and I hope it works for all concerned (it seems too).

But at the back of my mind there's an issue of a mechanism being used for what it was not intended - rather like the Education Visa.

If numbers are reasonably small it doesn't matter.But if it starts attracting attention it could be different.