Thanathorn may attend parliament opening and 1st House meeting

webfact

13 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh my god, you can't be serious can you ? Ok, people still have to vote for the party. Utter ridiculous comment and you know it.  As to your example, it doesn't work that way anymore, ask the EC how it really works, as no-one outside of that circle seems to know. A bit how a party that won 137 out of 250 constistuencies wasn't awarded even a single party list seat, and 11 mirco parties that no-one voted for were each awarded a seat and magically all of them seem to support the junta !

Pigs fly and more of that,,,,

Let's take your example and apply it to the number 1 on the party list of PTP, was she awarded a seat ? Despite over 8 million votes cast for other candidates ? It seems the one that is misinformed isn't me...

Oh and yes the Junta party won the most votes, even though the party list vote is no longer being cast, they are all constituecy votes. They still didn't win the elections, depsite fielding candidates in 350 constituencies instead of PTP which only was fielding candidates in 250 constituencies. A major electoral win for PTP, despite all the cheating, they are still the biggest party in parliament. They outright won more than half of the constituencies they were fielding candidates in..

But as I stated earlier, people that support junta's seem to have trouble correctly interpreting election results, as you so aptly showed. 

Let me take my example and apply it to EVERY OTHER party There are other parties). Bingo!

I'm sorry that you don't understand the new system, but it is not my job to educate you, if that is possible.

16 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Glad you agree there was no defiance involved. How do rich people get into parliament? They buy a political party, spend a few million on advertising, and put themselves as #1 on the party list.  You can even get to be PM that way, and when you are otherwise engaged, nominate your B-I-L, or sister. Ain't democracy (Thai style) grand!

Some truth in that historically, but Khun Thanathorn hasn't done any of that, he's new, and I for one have doubts he will try the family dynasty approach. No I don't have any proof he won't do this, nobody does, but I'm prepared to give him the opportunity to make an impact and after all he and his team have clearly stated some objectives which align to building a civil society / and changing things to build a civil society. And much more clear then than any previous government of any colour.  Go Thanathorn go. 

Let me take my example and apply it to EVERY OTHER party There are other parties). Bingo!

I'm sorry that you don't understand the new system, but it is not my job to educate you, if that is possible.
Oh there are other parties! In any case, your example did not apply to ptp. Seems you absolutely have no clue about the new system either, so not looking to be educated by you, as that would be utterly useless. In any case my remark still stands, people have to cast votes, hardly rocket science..

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh there are other parties! In any case, your example did not apply to ptp. Seems you absolutely have no clue about the new system either, so not looking to be educated by you, as that would be utterly useless. In any case my remark still stands, people have to cast votes, hardly rocket science..

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

.... does not apply to ptp ....

Archived