3BB Fibre -

Genericnic

Yes, it's great, couldn't be happier with the service, I'm 12Km out from the centre.

I had it since the first offer of free everything and same monthly.

100/100 for 631bht/month.

Can't port forward, IP address appears to be 'faked'.

Thanks. I can get 200/200 for 700baht. Same as my ADSL

Yes, it's great, couldn't be happier with the service, I'm 12Km out from the centre.
I had it since the first offer of free everything and same monthly.
100/100 for 631bht/month.

Can't port forward, IP address appears to be 'faked'.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The "Faked" IP address you mention is probably Carrier Grade Network Address Translation (CGN) and it is commonly done since IPv4 addresses are running short.  AIS do it too but provide their own free DDNS that allows you to port forward although it took me an age of fiddling about to get working.  You can probably get a service without CGN but it's likely one of the expensive packages.

I upgraded to the fiber. It's faster. 

However, I find that if you sign up with True Visions for their fiber option, you can get the same satellite service via fiber plus other HD channels (RT and Aljazeera come to mind) PLUS the same fiber speeds with internet as 3BB has for about 200 baht less total per month. I've been a 3BB customer for over a decade but I think this is a better offer. 

Moreover, since the dish will not be needed with the fiber option from True (it all comes in on one dedicated line) you will never again get any TV signal loss when a big storm comes past. 

So basically True are offering one fiber line that gives you both the "satellite" TV and fiber-speed internet for less than True satellite TV plus 3BB internet. 

I realize location is the key factor when choosing an isp but FWIW i have had 3BB fiber and True fiber (in Sansai) and while both are reliable i found 3bb to be much faster (200/200). I have had 3bb for over 2 years with very reliable service and can definitely recommend. I have also had AIS fibre (300/100) for the last 2 months and so far i can definitely recommend that as well. My wife was an existing phone user and managed to get the 300/100 plan plus 15gb 4g a month for 499 baht a month (reduced from 999 for 12 months). This is less than i am paying for 3bb.

True is usually cheaper and have attractive bundles with tv however my experience with True cable tv was also not good with a many disruptions and an unsmooth picture a lot of the time. I watch a lot of football and the roll of the ball was not smooth a little like watching iptv. I had the technician out a couple of times and it didn't improve so the call center recommended i change to the satellite service which i did (problem solved).

I've been a 3BBB user for a long time. Just moved and upgraded to 100/100. But I use true satellite for gold package. They tried to sell me the combo. I have used 3BBB for long time and they have great service. When I looked at the True promotion, it was a little cheaper until you read the fine print and find out at the end of the first year the same combo goes up another 1000 Bht. (or as I remember it) so only good deal with first year promotion. They transferred my upgraded 100/100 3BBB out to Sansai, installed in new house free, and left my price at 590/mo.

A few useful tips that I was given and that are always good to remember.

1) the speed you concretly get, is not always what you pay for

2) check out with others in your area first as some providers may be excellent in one area and a disaster just a few soi's away

3) if you don't speak Thai, make sure they have a proper website, an office in your area and phone contact with people speaking english

4) make it clear if there are any extra setup fees to get fiber

2 hours ago, Genericnic said:

Thanks for all the information. I decided to take the leap. 3BB comes tomorrow to do the installation. 

David

We gave 3BB the ok to changeover to the fibre 2 weeks ago ,waiting for them to install.You might let us know how it goes.

20 hours ago, Sparkles said:

We gave 3BB the ok to changeover to the fibre 2 weeks ago ,waiting for them to install.You might let us know how it goes.

The install was quick and easy. Took the guys about 10 minutes to run the cable and set everything up. Not particularly happy with the router they supplied so I am doing the research for which Asus router can replace it.

David

33 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

What’s the procedure when changing over in a condo. Will the techs wreck the joint or what?

All they had to do here was run the cable along the same route that the DSL line had been run. Were it not for the fact that the cable is black, you probably wouldn't notice it at all.

David

Hi, may I ask, what is the problem with the router they supplied you.    I am considering 3bb and AIS at the moment to switch over to fiber from VDSL.    Currently with 3bb.

However, I've heard that AIS is presently preferred by many versus 3bb.   Anyone care to share their thoughts as to which provider they think is superior?

1 hour ago, jimmym40 said:

Hi, may I ask, what is the problem with the router they supplied you.    I am considering 3bb and AIS at the moment to switch over to fiber from VDSL.    Currently with 3bb.

However, I've heard that AIS is presently preferred by many versus 3bb.   Anyone care to share their thoughts as to which provider they think is superior?

Basically the modem/router they give you is a low end device that doesn't have the technical specs to do well with higher speed connections. I just upgraded to a 200/200 connection and, while I know I will never see the tope end in Thailand, I will get closer with a better router. Plus the Asus that I ordered has a lot more features that will allow me to make a more secure connection.

As far as what carrier is better, it is anyones guess. I've been with 3BB for about 6 years and have had very good service with them. 

David

4 hours ago, Genericnic said:

All they had to do here was run the cable along the same route that the DSL line had been run. Were it not for the fact that the cable is black, you probably wouldn't notice it at all.

David

My existing cabling is all internal though, I.e through the walls. Do they do a cable pull or just whack on black cables externally?

Good question sharktooth.    I would like to know myself.    That's one reason I am delaying ordering anything new from the providers.    Don't like wires lopped around and basically nailed to the concrete wall or drilled holes in  to the inside of the home.

My guess is they will install the wire the easiest way and location possible for them.   

10 hours ago, sharktooth said:

My existing cabling is all internal though, I.e through the walls. Do they do a cable pull or just whack on black cables externally?

I doubt that they would do a cable pull. You could ask them if they do that kind of thing but I doubt they do.

David

3 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

I doubt that they would do a cable pull. You could ask them if they do that kind of thing but I doubt they do.

David

They pulled mine from the outside through the attic to the corner and down the wall to my computer. 

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

They pulled mine from the outside through the attic to the corner and down the wall to my computer. 

More likely in a house than in a condo. No attic here.

David

On 5/27/2019 at 11:24 AM, Genericnic said:

The install was quick and easy. Took the guys about 10 minutes to run the cable and set everything up. Not particularly happy with the router they supplied so I am doing the research for which Asus router can replace it.

David

I don't think that you will be able to replace their router. But you will probably be able to put it into bridge mode and then use your own router. I have the Asus AC86U  and that is what I and many others here have done.

You can search here on TV for threads on this.

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I don't think that you will be able to replace their router. But you will probably be able to put it into bridge mode and then use your own router. I have the Asus AC86U  and that is what I and many others here have done.

You can search here on TV for threads on this.

That is what I am going to do. The only difference is I am going with the AC68U instead of the 86U. Asus is way better than the supplied one.

David

16 hours ago, Genericnic said:

That is what I am going to do. The only difference is I am going with the AC68U instead of the 86U. Asus is way better than the supplied one.

David

The 3bb shop sold me a D-link DIR 825 and helped me set it up and gave me a new basic router. 

Archived