BANGKOK 16 June 2019 15:37

Hey! chickenclegs ... You are a Team Player, matey.

Your info' has been Bookmarked.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Farang99 said:

I've given up drinking wine here, simply can't afford anything drinkable. Stick to beer instead - and even that is getting expensive.

Can't afford 300 baht range? 

auss.png

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Can't afford 300 baht range? 

auss.png

The Cabernet is OK I think ... 349 Baht a bottle .... It is Tesco selection but not in their fine wine range .

• Like 1

Plenty khmer cheap ciggies for sale in Pattaya, why they don't do the same with wine I dont know...definitely a market for it

20 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Foreign nations ought to charge a 400% tariff on Thai rice, shrimp, beer, and auto parts.

It’s about time some countries started to reciprocate the taxes charged on imported goods to Thailand. Of course as usual Thai powers that be do not think of or calculate the number of “ never come back” visitors they lose by way of overpriced and crap tasting wines. Thai wine is disgusting... and cheap.. my brother , my son, and their families have never returned even though they are well off.. the selection and prices of wines and the ban on vaping were the first things they quoted as deciding factors . I do not drink alcohol these days, so I’m not concerned but if, as in the old days, I was a wine lover, I would stay away. As it is the high prices being charged for substandard Farang Food is making me think that maybe this country is past its sell by date for me. 

There is a very good off licence in the town where I live way up here and they have a fine selection of imported wines but most start at 900 B. Over the border I can get a bottle of Hardies red stamp I think it was for 150 B but it is only ok . Like Thai beer I want something to enjoy not just ok because its cold and wet. There .....another rant over.

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

After two weeks in the fermenter I usually syphon into a 10 litre glass container, hence only doing 6 litres. Put a Camden tablet in and it stops the fermenting and prevents oxidisation. A week in there and then into the bottles. Mine seems to clear quite nicely itself. Then I store the bottles under the sink for a month if I can wait that long. And a couple of days in the fridge before supping.

It's not Beajolais Nouvea, but it has the desired effect at minimal cost. Makes good Sangria too.

I'm definitely going to give it a burst if and when I can gather all the stuff together. Thanks.

21 hours ago, Momofarang said:

OP you shoudn't drink such shit. In France any wine under 5 Euros ( or 175 Bahts)  a 75ml bottle is undrinkable. Such a bottle would cost you here about 500 Bahts. So if you can't afford 700 Bahts a bottle it is better you stick to beer.

Interestingly wine I bought 3 years ago for that price still costs the same even though some people say that taxes have increased.

Oh no I dont drink it my Thai wife does. I dont know much about wine and am not a wine expert. However over the years I have tasted loads of different red wines. This one is soft smooth and easily compares to the Australian wines you get in Thailand, which was the point of the post, at a fraction of the price. By the way JP Chenet is £5 for a 750ml bottle in the UK, that makes the deal we got very cheap.

Average French wine is just that Average. Only top shelf for me if it's French or Champagne 

of course from Epernay 

Chili, Oz NZ are great & they tell you what you are drinking,,,,, savvy. 

What grape type is a burgundy ?. Even the French don't know

22 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Foreign nations ought to charge a 400% tariff on Thai rice, shrimp, beer, and auto parts.

I suppose they're trying to protect their cheap Charlie beer empire oi 🙂

Looks like it's Vodka Soda Lime for me @ 80 baht a glass I'm where I want to be after 3 glasses Zzzz 

3 hours ago, hans christiansen said:

Most cheap wine here is blended with fortified fruitjuice.

No

aus.png