British PM May resigns, paving way for Brexit confrontation with EU

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More than 61% Labour constituents voted leave. 75% Tories. That was only 3 years ago. You will be telling me that those voters are dead now.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

but they voted for the Brexit party on Thursday, you are trying to count them twice...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Tories and Labour are leave parties or still were at the last election and manifesto.

There was one clear Brexit party. A single-topic, even named after it Brexit party. And you wanna tell us Brexiteers voted Tories or Labour instead, the two parties the same Brexiteers claim are “overturning” Brexit? The two parties that were over the last couple of weeks discussing a customs union? You don’t really believe your own nonsense, do you? 

59 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Both Tories and Labour party MP's are divided on Brexit... and their voting history shows that their Party manifesto's just a waste of paper.

I agree, which is why it's a bit odd that remainers are including snp/green party votes as supporting remain.

Surely they are just hard core party votes, in the same way as tories/labour?

I find it suprising that most of the media are stating that all the snp/green etc. votes supported remain, whilst (presumably) accepting that those who voted tory/labour needed to be a separate category of hard core voter for that party?

Why?

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Even when replying to Sanemax my post in it was totally changed .

I have no problem with commenting , laughing or even ridiculing any post of mine , sharp or friendly .,as long my line is not changed .And no I am not a moderator , but know that it is not allowed to change someone post , on a pother forum I was even just warned by a moderator  because I put my own understanding about a newspaper topic in my own wording ,but not exact the same original wording as article ….. hence from that moment I just copy pasted articles ….problem solved .

Oh... yes that was of course in a Brexit article …. frustrated Brit probably :wink:
BTW congratulations for Farage … I hope I can take you out , as so we ( E.U.) can go on whiteout that Brexit dragging farce in the E.U..

if it was only by mistake , disregard my comment on it , but so you think that I example can under you name put/change any other line just like it is you said it (when not )…?

I never report , highest use ignore button if available , I think the moderators do their job correct, so if allowed …. let have some fun :tongue: 

Wishing it was Halloween already 

There was NO sign of your post as I replied to the one from Sanemax. How could I change or alter your post when it wasn't even there?

38 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There was one clear Brexit party. A single-topic, even named after it Brexit party. And you wanna tell us Brexiteers voted Tories or Labour instead, the two parties the same Brexiteers claim are “overturning” Brexit? The two parties that were over the last couple of weeks discussing a customs union? You don’t really believe your own nonsense, do you? 

There is one clear Brexit Party and there are several cloudy ones. It is generally accepted that the Tories and Labour are split over Brexit, both in parliament and within their traditional public support base. What you don't seem to accept is that there are still some leave (and remain) voters who will have stuck by their parties, Brexit or not. 

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There was NO sign of your post as I replied to the one from Sanemax. How could I change or alter your post when it wasn't even there?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1102553&content_commentid=14178822  This the arrow link right side up (greyed ) who bring you to my original post who is replaced with a " sorry wrong post " which I never said in that post , hereby the screenshot from it as would see after clicking on the link...(I think you made a mistake in quote or so ….must be forum miss maybe …) forget  it  I think it is only a strange co incidental miss :wink: looks like not deliberate intended to happened so

2019-05-27_134516.png

On 5/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, Momofarang said:

Don't think she will remembered, since her successor (BJ) will make history by starting a war against Europe.

That prat certainly has the right initials as an ex public schoolboy!

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1102553&content_commentid=14178822  This the arrow link right side up (greyed ) who bring you to my original post who is replaced with a " sorry wrong post " which I never said in that post , hereby the screenshot from it as would see after clicking on the link...(I think you made a mistake in quote or so ….must be forum miss maybe …) forget  it  I think it is only a strange co incidental miss :wink: looks like not deliberate intended to happened so

2019-05-27_134516.png

Should have posted this on the puzzle page.

45 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Very encouraged by Nigel's performance in the elections yesterday....the writing is on the wall

for every...except the ones with blinkers on.

The writing is on the wall for Brexit, as it's hit peak-Nigel and cannot garner enough votes to beat the Remain parties.

Roll on a second referendum ... time to put Brexit to the sword.

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

The underlying truth of the vote. If you support Brexit you have another very big reason to want to avoid a second referendum. 

You'd lose it.

Why would anyone that has won something want to have another go at it winning again, does that make any sense to you. 

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The underlying truth of the vote. If you support Brexit you have another very big reason to want to avoid a second referendum. 

You'd lose it.

Brexit supporters have known that for a long time, not noticed all the regular brexiteers "second referendum, not over my dead body" posts???

Just now, Basil B said:

Brexit supporters have known that for a long time, not noticed all the regular brexiteers "second referendum, not over my dead body" posts???

And the "excuses" for not having one ... often said that all political careers end in failure ... next up Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-forex/euro-holds-firm-after-eu-vote-shows-pro-europe-parties-cling-to-majority-idUSKCN1SX01K

Euro holds firm after EU vote shows pro-Europe parties cling to majority

TOKYO (Reuters) - The euro held firm in early Monday trade after pro-European Union parties withstood more fragmentation than before to hold on to two-thirds of seats in the EU parliament elections, limiting gains in nationalist opponents.

:thumbsup:

(Must still congratulate our savior Farage ( like Moses taking his people out of Egypt slavery ) :cheesy: ,to take that Brexit to an end finally ...' but it seems he can not harm our E.U. by reading how the E.U. cards are dealt now...  , but he created a promise to big havoc in U.K. politic system (if that was already not a big messing up already …) :whistling:

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why would anyone that has won something want to have another go at it winning again, does that make any sense to you. 

It looks to me that you simply won't have a choice ... the problem is that you didn't win a referendum for "no deal", as no one campaigned for that, only leave, and they are not the same thing. So you won't be allowed to hijack the referendum result and force that outcome through ... without a vote. 

23 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Buried a few days ago in this very thread ???? 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-forex/euro-holds-firm-after-eu-vote-shows-pro-europe-parties-cling-to-majority-idUSKCN1SX01K

Euro holds firm after EU vote shows pro-Europe parties cling to majority

TOKYO (Reuters) - The euro held firm in early Monday trade after pro-European Union parties withstood more fragmentation than before to hold on to two-thirds of seats in the EU parliament elections, limiting gains in nationalist opponents.

:thumbsup:

(Must still congratulate our savior Farage ( like Moses taking his people out of Egypt slavery ) :cheesy: ,to take that Brexit to an end finally ...' but it seems he can not harm our E.U. by reading how the E.U. cards are dealt now...  , but he created a promise to big havoc in U.K. politic system (if that was already not a big messing up already …) :whistling:

I suspect that Farage will, at the end of the day, end up with nothing. He'll be the guy that split the Tory vote and ushered in Corbyn. Corbyn will have to change his stance ... so Labour will become, like the Lib Dems, the second referendum party.

12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You'd lose it.

Thats too close to call , and you didnt get a majority .

You would need at least 50 %

40.4 % isnt enough votes

59.6 %  didnt vote remain 

Just now, sanemax said:

Thats too close to call , and you didnt get a majority .

You would need at least 50 %

40.4 % isnt enough votes

59.6 %  didnt vote remain 

If I recall Max you also said we would be out of the EU on 29 March 2019?

I think we are heading for another vote on Brexit, whether before or after a General Election, I'm not sure ... but I can't see this Brexit mess resolving itself without one. And if I'm right I don't think that Nigel Farage will be celebrating at the end of it. 

Just my opinion of course. And we'll soon find out if I'm right.

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It looks to me that you simply won't have a choice ... the problem is that you didn't win a referendum for "no deal", as no one campaigned for that, only leave, and they are not the same thing. So you won't be allowed to hijack the referendum result and force that outcome through ... without a vote. 

Yes, the vote went in favour of leave .

The "another referendum about "deal or no deal " is just a cunning plan by remainers to overturn to vote .

Looking for an excuse to overturn the referendum vote

Just now, sanemax said:

Yes, the vote went in favour of leave .

The "another referendum about "deal or no deal " is just a cunning plan by remainers to overturn to vote .

Looking for an excuse to overturn the referendum vote

If, as is constantly repeated on here by Brexiteers, it would be an even higher vote for the Brexit support, then I don't quite understand why you also believe that it is a ruse to overturn the result?

That would only be true if you believed that Brexit would lose. And if you believe that then it follows that you also believe that "the will of the people" of the UK is Remain? And if that is true then we really should have another vote.

10 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If I recall Max you also said we would be out of the EU on 29 March 2019?

I think we are heading for another vote on Brexit, whether before or after a General Election, I'm not sure ... but I can't see this Brexit mess resolving itself without one. And if I'm right I don't think that Nigel Farage will be celebrating at the end of it. 

Just my opinion of course. And we'll soon find out if I'm right.

Who exactly; for the benefit of the board?

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Too bad it didn’t work out, again ???? Sometimes I want to honestly pity you for your desperation. 

What hasn't worked out? The UK are still leaving the EU Article 50 hasn't been revoked. The can has just been kicked down the road before the inevitable. Just wait and see about other EU countries. It is the EU which is in fear and desperation. I pity you for being such a Europhile.

26 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You'd lose it.

Those were votes to select E.U politicians though .

Yes, all the people that voted for Brexit and the Lib dems etc would all probably vote the same way m , but then you wouldhave the 23 % for voted for Con/Lab to caste their vote either wat way and then you would also have the ten million or so people who didnt vote in these elections , but voted in the referendum .

All their votes would be added , so , these E.U elections do not prove that the UK has changed its mind about the referendum vote

Archived