BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

British PM May resigns, paving way for Brexit confrontation with EU

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It does seem that Boris is a shoe in for the job. But i have a question. If Boris is the self-serving, unprincipled man that he appears to be, why would he put himself up for the job now; given the stalemate there is in Parliament and with the EU not budging? Would a man with his ego let himself in for faffing around for 6 months, following a similar course to May, in all likelihood that nothing changes and he gets booted out as another failure PM? 

I suspect he (or more likely his advisers) have a dramatic change of plan in mind, otherwise I don't think he'd go for the top job right now. 

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

He might just announce: “I will leave without a deal if you make me PM.” That way, he could bounce off the responsibility of a hard Brexit to his party. Then he’ll just run down the clock and be the clown he is. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, baboon said:

Fair enough, but why? Parliament has already said that they will not countenance a 'No Deal', so how is the deadlock broken, then? In the real world, that is?

When the E.U. does not longer extend ...your U.K. deadlock is dissolved ,decided ,ended !

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It does seem that Boris is a shoe in for the job. But i have a question. If Boris is the self-serving, unprincipled man that he appears to be, why would he put himself up for the job now; given the stalemate there is in Parliament and with the EU not budging? Would a man with his ego let himself in for faffing around for 6 months, following a similar course to May, in all likelihood that nothing changes and he gets booted out as another failure PM? 

I suspect he (or more likely his advisers) have a dramatic change of plan in mind, otherwise I don't think he'd go for the top job right now.

You might ask him why he has already announced that he is a candidate then.

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

He might just announce: “I will leave without a deal if you make me PM.” That way, he could bounce off the responsibility of a hard Brexit to his party. Then he’ll just run down the clock and be the clown he is. 

Probably not a good idea for you to be his agent.

• Haha 1

Just now, peterpaintpot said:

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. As for BJ, I hear the song "Send in the clowns". What was the point of the Referendum if the majority in Parliament just decided to ignore the result. I voted to remain as I felt it would be the best decision for my grandchildren's future. what a complete farce!

No they didn't.

• Haha 2

Just now, Pomy said:

Hope farage beats the crap out of him.

With or without milkshake?

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

When the E.U. does not longer extend ...your U.K. deadlock is dissolved ,decided ,ended !

The EU is a Grand Project with (I hope), patience. Look at their difficulties with Poland and Hungary. Will you cast the UK adrift when half of us wish to remain in the Union? 

• Haha 2