Jump to content

British PM May resigns, paving way for Brexit confrontation with EU


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It does seem that Boris is a shoe in for the job. But i have a question. If Boris is the self-serving, unprincipled man that he appears to be, why would he put himself up for the job now; given the stalemate there is in Parliament and with the EU not budging? Would a man with his ego let himself in for faffing around for 6 months, following a similar course to May, in all likelihood that nothing changes and he gets booted out as another failure PM? 

 

I suspect he (or more likely his advisers) have a dramatic change of plan in mind, otherwise I don't think he'd go for the top job right now. 

 

 

Maybe just for the ego value? 'Former Prime Minister of the UK' he could cash in on too. 

I doubt he has a masterplan to actually rescue us from this Brexit mess he was so instrumental in creating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It does seem that Boris is a shoe in for the job. But i have a question. If Boris is the self-serving, unprincipled man that he appears to be, why would he put himself up for the job now; given the stalemate there is in Parliament and with the EU not budging? Would a man with his ego let himself in for faffing around for 6 months, following a similar course to May, in all likelihood that nothing changes and he gets booted out as another failure PM? 

 

I suspect he (or more likely his advisers) have a dramatic change of plan in mind, otherwise I don't think he'd go for the top job right now. 

 

 

 

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

 

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

 

 

 

But he pulled out of the leadership race in 2016. 

I'm no Boris fan, and I agree with you that he's clueless as to what to do if / when he gets the PM job. But I reckon he'll surround himself with people who can do a good job. That's what most successful bosses do! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

 

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

 

 

 

He might just announce: “I will leave without a deal if you make me PM.” That way, he could bounce off the responsibility of a hard Brexit to his party. Then he’ll just run down the clock and be the clown he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baboon said:

Fair enough, but why? Parliament has already said that they will not countenance a 'No Deal', so how is the deadlock broken, then? In the real world, that is?

When the E.U. does not longer extend ...your U.K. deadlock is dissolved ,decided ,ended !

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It does seem that Boris is a shoe in for the job. But i have a question. If Boris is the self-serving, unprincipled man that he appears to be, why would he put himself up for the job now; given the stalemate there is in Parliament and with the EU not budging? Would a man with his ego let himself in for faffing around for 6 months, following a similar course to May, in all likelihood that nothing changes and he gets booted out as another failure PM? 

I suspect he (or more likely his advisers) have a dramatic change of plan in mind, otherwise I don't think he'd go for the top job right now.

You might ask him why he has already announced that he is a candidate then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. As for BJ, I hear the song "Send in the clowns". What was the point of the Referendum if the majority in Parliament just decided to ignore the result. I voted to remain as I felt it would be the best decision for my grandchildren's future. what a complete farce!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

He might just announce: “I will leave without a deal if you make me PM.” That way, he could bounce off the responsibility of a hard Brexit to his party. Then he’ll just run down the clock and be the clown he is. 

Probably not a good idea for you to be his agent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peterpaintpot said:

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. As for BJ, I hear the song "Send in the clowns". What was the point of the Referendum if the majority in Parliament just decided to ignore the result. I voted to remain as I felt it would be the best decision for my grandchildren's future. what a complete farce!

No they didn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, baboon said:

Just listened to her crappy resignation speech and her desperate attempts to leave with her head held high.

Sorry, but no. Left or Right wing as one may be, pro-Brexit or Remainer. She was simply sh!te and an abject failure in any high office. She deserves to be kicked out like a dog in the night and good riddance.

 

I don't have occasion to 'lije' many of your posts Baboon, but I certainly could not have put it better myself.

 

Loathed on all sides - not idealogically, but purely on grounds of incompetence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

 

Come off it! Boris Johnson thinks he's the reincarnated Churchill, with a God given right to lead the nation ... he'd sell his sister into prostitution to get his hands on that job. 

 

The problem is that he has no plan, no idea what to do once he gets the job. He's a guy who has been "winging it" all his life ... and he's too old to change.

 

 

 

I agree with your post. I can't stand Johnson. But I think that maybe you could refrain from "Boris Johnson thinks..." 

'The Left think... The Right think...' Thinking what others are thinking and stating it as a fact is leading us down this path of polarisation and hatred of 'The Other'. This is what we are all now encouraged to do: Be feartful. Hate. Brought to us by the human manure who seek to profit handsomely by turning us against one another. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, david555 said:

When the E.U. does not longer extend ...your U.K. deadlock is dissolved ,decided ,ended !

The EU is a Grand Project with (I hope), patience. Look at their difficulties with Poland and Hungary. Will you cast the UK adrift when half of us wish to remain in the Union? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...