British PM May resigns, paving way for Brexit confrontation with EU

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Built on lies. The biggest proved liar is Boris. He is one of the most evil boys in UK. 

It's a shame that UK will not have any qualfied successor of TM. 

The laughing stock will not end! 

Farage could possibly return to the Tories and be elected as PM....

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Countless millions of British people do not want to give up their Sovereignty..they do not want to be part of a united states of europe..which would be ran by unelected bureaucrats.tapatalk_1557838152264.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Unfortunately you don't understand the construction of EU as many on TV. 

There are no unelected bureaucrats who run EU. 

There is a Parliament and a Council. 

And - unbelievable - they are all elected. 

Those idiots you mentioned were sent by your Govt. They are Brits. You start a stupid issue: WE against the Brussel's elite. That is nonsense. 
Your people are part of the Union and are part of all decisions in Brussel's. 
Yes mainly stupid decisions,made by drunks like Junker, decisions to open borders and let in millions of scroungers from around the world .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Em, you forgot the most powerful element there.

Wonder why?

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

What the new PM could say, and what he could do, is a lot different. If any new PM could garner support for a no-deal right now, parliament would block it again.

Also, it never ceases to amaze me that what's the point of leaving on a no-deal basis without any plan in place on how to implement Brexit?

But that is the current governments problem.

It doesn't appear that they have made any plans for post Brexit, or at least I haven't seen anything about it.

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes mainly stupid decisions,made by drunks like Junker, decisions to open borders and let in millions of scroungers from around the world .

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Wow, you sent drunk people to Brussels? 

You really continue making UK laughing stock forever. 

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

But they won't let minor facts like that get in their way of their march back to yesteryear

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

But they won't let minor facts like that get in their way of their march back to yesteryear

You are the wrong person to bring "facts" into the conversation. Many on here are still awaiting your response to the facts that you claimed to be true.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are the wrong person to bring "facts" into the conversation. Many on here are still awaiting your response to the facts that you claimed to be true.

Nobody other than you who is too lazy to do any research yourself you mean, as has been commented upon by others. But hey, as I said don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

Nobody wants a second referendum, and hope all the fasciats demanding one will keep stum after tomorrow when the EU election results are announced. That should be the end of it and let's get on and do what the public have voted for twice already....or do remoaners want a best of Five..

I'm a Remainer and I don't really want another Referendum. I would prefer to just revoke Article 50 and re-consider the whole thing.  However, I accept that maybe this would be considered undemocratic (even if taken by the democratically elected parliament) so I will reluctantly accept putting it to the British people to decide.  Does this make me a fascist?

48 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

What the new PM could say, and what he could do, is a lot different. If any new PM could garner support for a no-deal right now, parliament would block it again.

Also, it never ceases to amaze me that what's the point of leaving on a no-deal basis without any plan in place on how to implement Brexshit?

Personally any business person whose good at his job should already be ready for a no deal scenario. 

This morning a news channel showed tweets saying EU will just say UK is out without deal if they do except what is reported here. 

" the EU has said it will not renegotiate the Withdrawal Treaty it sealed in November."

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm a Remainer and I don't really want another Referendum. I would prefer to just revoke Article 50 and re-consider the whole thing.  However, I accept that maybe this would be considered undemocratic (even if taken by the democratically elected parliament) so I will reluctantly accept putting it to the British people to decide.  Does this make me a fascist?

No, it makes you undemocratic.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

So you mean you are used to have a liar as a Leader. 

I can add another one from another country : Adolf Hitler. 

What on earth has Adolf Hitler got to do with anything on this thread?

10 hours ago, AlexRich said:

No one campaigned for a no deal Brexit, that form of exit has no mandate. If that’s what a new leader wants to do then he or she has to demonstrate they have support for it ... by a second referendum ... remain or no deal.

you sound like a lawyer...in the guise of a standup comic.

20 hours ago, fishtank said:

Boris Johnson? Do we really need a serial liar as PM?

Given that he is the bookies favourite then maybe the answer is yes.  Everyone has an opinion of which way this will go and it is early days.  It will probably end up with Boris on one side and a moderate like Hunt on the other.  The rest will accept bribes in the form of promised cabinet places in return for endorsing one of the two finalists.

May's resignation announcement was toe curling to say the least.  She talked about the need to compromise.  This from the woman who started by setting red lines and was never prepared to compromise on those red lines.  And then to bring up Grenfell!  Disgusting!

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Another populist lied to his people. Who knows BJ's way? 

Ah, so now you are comparing Boris Johnson with Adolf Hitler?

You have totally, utterly, lost the plot!

12 minutes ago, JAG said:

Ah, so now you are comparing Boris Johnson with Adolf Hitler?

You have totally, utterly, lost the plot!

Well, in the sense of demagogy, populism, lies, rudeless,.... They have a lot of common. 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

you sound like a lawyer...in the guise of a standup comic.

I’d like to say exactly what you sound like, but I’d be in trouble with the moderators. 

If you have a point to make about my comment, make it. But don’t try to be funny ... and fail.

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

No one campaigned for a no deal Brexit, that form of exit has no mandate. If that’s what a new leader wants to do then he or she has to demonstrate they have support for it ... by a second referendum ... remain or no deal.

People voted to leave the E.U. , completely leave the E.U

Leave means to leave , leaving with a deal isnt properly leaving .

What is the point of having  second referendum ?

The first referendum wasnt enacted upon 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

No, it makes you undemocratic.

Thanks for not calling me fascist!  As for undemocratic, I believe in parliamentary democracy rather than an advisory referendum.  But if you do accept the latter, how can letting the people decide whether to proceed with the 2016 decision, now that the full facts are known, be undemocratic?  A choice of going with whatever deal is finally agreed, or keeping the deal we have now is surely fair.  You can even add "no deal" to the ballot if you like.

21 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Lord! About time. Why not today? Why June 7th? Resign Now! Go, in God's name, go now!

How stupid a Brexiteer can be...

Beginning of June Trump - on his way to the D-Day beachers, - visits the U.K. You cannot let him be received by the unelected Lord Mouser at Dowingstreet 10. Same at these beaches 6 June, cannot send Lord How How ...

Therefore: 7 June. In the meantime the next idiot can run op for the Cons elections to be the next Hammerhead.

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for not calling me fascist!  As for undemocratic, I believe in parliamentary democracy rather than an advisory referendum.  But if you do accept the latter, how can letting the people decide whether to proceed with the 2016 decision, now that the full facts are known, be undemocratic?  A choice of going with whatever deal is finally agreed, or keeping the deal we have now is surely fair.  You can even add "no deal" to the ballot if you like.

Your parliamentary democracy was respected via the Referendum Act. The consequences of leaving are not known. We still haven't left. A deal is preferable but the last two years have shown that the EU is reluctant to offer anything reasonable, rather the opposite. 

20 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well unfortunately  she won't be remembered for  good leadership who as PM withdrew article 50.  That praise will go to somebody else, whoever that may be, after the inevitable general election and second referendum.

so after 31 Oct = UK out of EU already. Maybe you can ask Erdogan how to do to enter the EU as member state when you are completely unwanted by over 25 of the 27 Member states

Archived