Foreigner charged with using fake passport, thanks to face recognition system

snoop1130

On 5/25/2019 at 2:07 AM, ocddave said:

I know he's not a US citizen, and he is travelling in another country, but I wonder what happens when the US Secret Service steps in. There is always the question if this money is even real, not sure the RTP would even know that...

I'm wondering what happens when the Canadian mounties step in. Thats the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I mean he isn't Canadian and traveling under another passport and nothing to do with Canada ... but what if?!     :biggrin:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

My point was that in the US everytime theres something NOT involving an American national then CNN, NYT, WP et al dont start every news piece with "Foreigner........." so why does the press (english language press namely BKP and Nation) do this?

I think its reinforcing the Us and Them mentality. An anti-foriegner stub.

They're out to get you, quick, hide under the bed!

6 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Your probably have been under a rock since 1845 . If you know how much cash money is carried like that , there is only a little bit of that getting caught , same as with drugs . Or do you think when someone is getting caught with 10 kilo's of coke, that that's the only drugs being smuggled ?? 

They don't just have the coke in packets/blocks, it's always hidden in something. Remember it can become liquid or powder so more ways to do that. 

500k dollars Is bulky and is taking a big risk at an airport. Why not do it through the many porous borders in Thailand. You can literally walk across to Laos at certain points!

They don't just have the coke in packets/blocks, it's always hidden in something. Remember it can become liquid or powder so more ways to do that. 
500k dollars Is bulky and is taking a big risk at an airport. Why not do it through the many porous borders in Thailand. You can literally walk across to Laos at certain points!

$500k is not that bulky. It’s 50 bundles of $100, weighs less than 12 pounds and can be easily packaged to look like a book when luggage is scanned

22 hours ago, overherebc said:

Two weeks ago in London the cops were out with a van with all the cameras on top. One guy decided to pull his scarf over his face and was pulled by the cops.

He explained he didn't want to be photographed and after a few minutes arguement was issued a fine of 90 quid for 'causing a public nuisance'

Don't believe me? google it.

Just bad. And sad.

3 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I've seen plenty of documentary with peoples carrying kilo of coke directly in their luggage or strapped on their body. 

We found 500,000 Sarge. So, what do you want us to do with the 400,000 we just found?

Thanks officer, please take that 300,000 down to the evidence room, and make sure they check that it really is 200,000 before logging it.

14 hours ago, MrBobHouse said:

We found 500,000 Sarge. So, what do you want us to do with the 400,000 we just found?

Thanks officer, please take that 300,000 down to the evidence room, and make sure they check that it really is 200,000 before logging it.

Reminds me of the 'Cigarette Police' in Sukhumvit - the ones with no carbon paper in their fines book.

Archived