How long can one stay outside Thailand on a retirement or marriage visa.

Hi, iam 6 months into my 3rd multi entry retirement visa and I am looking to book a flight back to Australia. It could be for a period extending out to 3 months or so .....for family and business issues.

I recall reading something..... that I may be jeopardizing my visa by been out of Thailand for more than 90 days. Guessing that’s got something to do with the 90 day report?

Any one experienced this?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

With a multi-entry Visa, providing you return within the Validity, you will get stamped in with a permission to stay. If by Retirement Visa you mean a Non-Imm OA, you will have received a Permission to stay of 12 months. On return, if the Visa is still Valid, you will receive another 12 month permission to stay. If it has expired (beyond the 'Enter Before' date), you would need a Re-Entry Permit to retain the current one. 

If you are not in Thailand, no need for 90 day reports, those are address reporting for people staying in Thailand more than 90 days. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Not sure what you actually have.

If you have a multiple entry visa issued by an embassy or consulate you can be out of the country for as long as you want to as long as you use your visa for entry prior to its expiration date.

I you actually have a extension of stay issued by immigration and a multiple re-entry permit there is no limit on the amount of time you can be out of the country as long as your return in time to apply for a new extension.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. Looks like I shouldn’t have problems.?
I got the retirement extension of stay.
Thought I needed to report to my immigration office or at least get passport stamped back in Thailand at airport before 90 days. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect