Cheapest month to fly to your homecountry ? Which country ? How much ?

myjawe

hello,

Can you tell me which months of the year are the cheapest to fly to your homecountry, and where is it ?

I'm looking for a cheap flight somewhere !

For example it seems that EU flights are cheaper in June and September ? Just before and after summer holidays ? Correct ?

Thank you.

Trick question but generally the further you fly the more it costs add direct to that, avoid the peak holidays, longer transit reduces price..midweek generally cheaper, book well ahead or last minute and fly budget fare no baggage, check comparison sites ,promotions etc but of course you must choose where!

I recently booked flights to Melbourne Aus and back again for September this year and they cost about the same as my 27/12/18 to 07/01/19 flights.

From my experience it largely depends on how early you book the flights, but tourist season has an impact on flights you booked up to 6 weeks prior to the dates you want to fly. If I want to book a holiday somewhere, I'd just google the normal tourist season in the destination and check when school holidays are locally, then decide the dates I want to visit. I think this is the best way (unless you're booking last minute) because the savings are generally a few hundred AUD and you get more options for flights and carriers.

9 hours ago, Olmate said:

Trick question but generally the further you fly the more it costs add direct to that, avoid the peak holidays, longer transit reduces price..midweek generally cheaper, book well ahead or last minute and fly budget fare no baggage, check comparison sites ,promotions etc but of course you must choose where!

I compared flights to London and to Zurich last year and London was cheaper over a period of about two months (June - July).

One needs the check at , sites like CheapoAir, Kayak, Travelocity, Priceline, etc,  Different airlines run different sales to different locations all the time, and don't be afraid to check "multi city"

wife and me  a little less than two years ago Did, from NY to Turkey, Turkey to Athens where we spend one week bumming around the Greek islands, then back to Turkey to catch a connecting flight to Bangkok , stay there a month and then fly back to NY via Turkey again , all for $1200 USD each(september). 

A few months ago we did NY to BKK round trip with United Air for a litle more than $600 each  (May) , Though I would not fly with them again for free. 

This weekend I flew NY to Orlando FL and it cost $560 round trip (memorial weekend)

It all depends how much time you have to plan for. 

Search, search search. and be flexible with the dates,

Deal are always to be had, but if you are inflexible you can be screwed like I am with the FL trip.

If the op is looking for a cheap flight somewhere ( no idea what is meant by that) then logically the closest country will be the cheapest. Assuming ( yes I know that could be a mistake) that the op is in Thailand then he should look at Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam or Myanmar. They are certainly someone's home country.

Europe is expensive in July/ August , cheapest long haul prices are 6 -8 weeks before flying , most comprehensive comparison site is skyscanner in my opinion.

I live in the UK so always get good deals flying from London to Bangkok. Not much difference going in May or early December. 

With a single stopover in the Middle East ( 2 -3 hours ) £380 - £430 return  . Direct ( strongly favour EVA over Thai ) £480 - £550.

Thank you to people who have replied to the question. To others: I haven't asked how to find a cheap flight, and how can you think that you know anything better than me ? 55555+  I am asking what is YOUR experience, what was YOUR cheapest flight. Any other reply is not welcome.

Archived