Bangkok Bank ... "Thai Baht Remittance Service"

Pursuant to Bangkok Bank's 1 April 2019 letter Ref: NMG, GPSD/006/62, has anyone tried to set up a money transfer via "Thai Baht Remittance Service" of Bangkok Bank NYC. 

I have been using bangkok bank for 3 years, first into a regular account, and for the last 6 months I switched it to a direct deposit of U.S Treasury. DD requires you go in person to withdraw funds. At the counter you can do withdraw and put into a second bangkok bank saving account that will have a debit card. You cannot have debit card with DD account.

WalkingOrders ... Uh no. I am perfectly fine with my SSA money coming directly to my Bangkok account no. 1 (restricted) which I then transfer into my Bangkok Bank account 2 (unrestricted).  Thank U anyway.

My comment deals with Bangkok Bank's new alternative to the old ACH transfer to its New York Branch, called "Thai Baht Remittance Service"  which allows transfers without the IAT transfer protocol.  I have sent them an email but was wondering if anyone has already investigated this process for transferring from my (any) US banks to my Bangkok Bank account.  You should have received a letter (see ref above) with the details and status of their (private not gov't.) transfer options.

Edited by avvocato

15 minutes ago, avvocato said:

WalkingOrders ... Uh no. I am perfectly fine with my SSA money coming directly to my Bangkok account no. 1 (restricted) which I then transfer into my Bangkok Bank account 2 (unrestricted).  Thank U anyway.

My comment deals with Bangkok Bank's new alternative to the old ACH transfer to its New York Branch, called "Thai Baht Remittance Service"  which allows transfers without the IAT transfer protocol.  I have sent them an email but was wondering if anyone has already investigated this process for transferring from my (any) US banks to my Bangkok Bank account.  You should have received a letter (see ref above) with the details and status of their (private not gov't.) transfer options.

Please keep us posted on how this is working out for you.  Thanks!

Full details of the Thai Baht Remittance Service is in below post...post #549 of below related thread.

But here's the summary from the post:  their Thai Baht Remittance Service: expensive, paper-based, and slow. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, avvocato said:

The whole thing has been auto pilot for me. I never changed a thing. Auto format change by bank. I would be curious if any Americans out there are direct depositing U.S. Treasury checks to a Thai bank other then Bangkok bank. This is supposed to work now. Anyone tried? Thank anyone?