Doctors warn of ‘reefer madness’ as people react badly to cannabis medicines

rooster59

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here we go again

"reefer madness" 

was a fake movie about how mari jane would make people into killers & rapists

guess who sponsored that message ... BIG PHARMA ....

it is a natural medicine for hundreds of years, can help with many diseases, don't have the side effects of those nasty chemical pills that were never proven to work, as the safety studies are cherry picked and serious side effects are taken out and trials are 6 weeks ...

serious EFFECT, not side effects, start to happen after 6 weeks of chemical pills, that is why the trial period is over

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Exactly , why not allow the real thing, unadulterated, as that is what has helped people down the ages ?

Because then anyone can cheaply produce it at home without the need for overpriced ineffective/dangerous labs processed heavily taxed version. 

All anecdotal...

Funny how these doctors always dismiss the benefits by saying the evidence is anecdotal. But they are fine spreading falsehoods about side effects based on anecdotal evidence... Oh well... Time will prove these morons wrong..

Denver, Colorado just passed a law legalizing magic 'shrooms. Was there for a graduation but the law has not been implemented yet. Many known medical uses. During the Viet War was used for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Also good for depression.

If self-medicating you need to know what you are doing. Duh. Not the drug's fault. If you drank 30 bottles of tequila you would feel a bit off.

To talk against the benefits of something because of idiots is idiotic.

How can someone who has been educated to a high enough degree as to pass medical school be so stupid to believe that people accept the crock that this clown is spouting?

As mentioned already in this thread, medical MJ is not available yet and when it is available it will be prescribed for a very few chronic illnesses, so how are doctors managing to prescribe CBD oil for stomach ache, insomnia, high blood pressure, muscle pains and anxiety?

Why is their no mention in the story of police action against the ‘drug addled’ smoker, who turned himself in to the hospital (knowing that he could be arrested) with stomach ache and nausea.

If the CBD oil is not coming from doctors, where is it coming from?

I presume that CBD oil would be much harder to get in Thailand (if not impossible) than normal weed.

Why have other countries that have legalized MJ (either for medical or recreational) not encountered these problems?

Why were these problems not apparent in the thousands of years that MJ was used as a medicine before the prohibition era?

Why are the only negatives about CDB oil coming from doctors, why have no documented cases been published?

We all know that if these claims were true then the Thai press would be scrambling to interview any of the ‘patients’ in this story.

In the 60s many people were duped into believing the ‘Reefer madness’ claims but that was in a time before the information highway, which allows us to carry out their own research and download actual medical studies/tests.

‘Real’ doctors must be cringing at Dr. Akhasilp’s claims in his effort to try to discredit marijuana.

Any doctor who knowingly impedes medicinal progress is an embarrassment to their profession and should be struck off.

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Different chemical combination with smoking recreationally

Different genus of plant to medicinal use

It is like comparing apples to oranges, 

An apple is an.apple. An orange is an orange.

Here is  one item of interest that seems to cover the  field of both  recreational and medicinal.

https://www.leafscience.com/2017/10/16/indica-vs-sativa-whats-difference/

8 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Whoopee wait for a holiday weekend we will easily double the road carnage.

Because stoner start driving way too slowly (more like normal speed) and getting hit by drunkard? 

BEWARE canabis.  My Grandson, in his 20s decided like so many young people to take canabis socially and ended up mentally very ill with psychosis, which lasted for nearly 2 years.  Do not play around with this stuff.  Quite often you do not know what strength this stuff is and really bu***rs up the wiring of your brain!

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I sometimes wonder when the dinosaurs that are against weed will die out. 

Probably never.  From my limited knowledge and research it is the easiest drug to grow or produce at home; soil, seed, water and sun tends to do it.

As I let my mind wander, not on anything I hasten to add, I wonder who would be against the general population being allowed to make/grow something that they enjoy and that, at worst, may be as bad as cigarettes but doesn't have the same destructive effect on families and societies that other illegal drugs do.  After all, we can't have Joe Public taking profits away from the people that cultivate, grow and traffick in the more addictive and deadly stuff.

Seems same same "conflicting evidence, hysteria, disagreements, dire predictions and more than one side to the story", as climate change or climate warming! Everyone's an "expert"! ???? 

Your truth is only ever what you want to believe.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

The Thai doctors are onto something, I mean we got people going totally crazy in The Netherlands and in the US states that allow canabis to be used you see far more violence and crazy stuff. So they are spot on.... wait... that is not the case. 

Reefer Madness... the anti weed propaganda that did so much damage and is totally fake thanks to the US. The countries that liberised weed don't have extra problems so why do Thais think they need to use this scare tactic. 

Anywone who for instance would take weed instead of alcohol or meth would be seing a huge improvement in health and mental health. Not to mention a sharp drop in violence.

I sometimes wonder when the dinosaurs that are against weed will die out. 

The medical profession in Thailand have realised they’ll be losing a vast majority of patients due to weed working the way it should be working. 

All those minor aliments will no longer need repeated visits as they will be medicated by the weed. 

People seem to dislike competition to their monthly earnings, and this time ‘weed’ again is their target. 

That report, sheesh yes which doctor said take no more than 3 drops. 

The news report has more holes in it than a Swiss Cheese. 

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Doctors here don't know much at all in this field of interest.

I'm not sure doctors here know much about anything (remember, they all passed if they could pay the course fees).

Two weeks reading and a bit of self medication experimentation, along with a bit of consultation with other ThaiVISA posters who have suffered similar problems, and I seem to be able to exceed their knowledge on any single medical subject.

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

One has to question, first off what type oil are they getting, are they using it as prescribed, and where are they sourcing it?

What other medications are these supposed clients taking as well that could be interacting with the "oil"

Sounds like an ill informed scare tactic to me, even using "Reefer Madness" as a descriptor, smack of CIA 1960 USA 

Sure does, doesn't it. Can't believe this for a second. Mr 44 probably made some promises behind the scenes for full legalization and is taking steps to hedge his bets. Despicable. "developing hallucinations, vertigo and seizures" my ass.

A lot of "doctors" have their practices subsidized by pharmaceutical companies which in no way want this type of competition for their wares. If it isn't taught in medical schools as an alternative treatment it will never be truly accepted. In Canada, where it's legal, is still not even a consideration with most physicians as a course of treatment. Most foreigners will never get a legal opportunity to see if it's effective for them unless they're in the last stages of a terminal disease, and even that is not guaranteed.  

It really seems that someone is very interested in eliminating cannabis as a medicine.
Dr ...... in Thailand sounds very important, it is not.
All that nature offers us is for health, in case it shouldn't work ... it certainly doesn't hurt

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

symptoms like vomiting, nausea and vertigo

Black Label does the same to me. Need an article warning about "Black Madness".

I never cease to be amazed at governments' fear of people smoking weed.

Hemp-Derived CBD vs. Marijuana-Derived CBD: What's the Difference?
https://news.weedmaps.com/2019/04/hemp-derived-cbd-vs-marijuana-derived-cbd-so-whats-the-difference/

Growing Hemp in Thailand Is Now Permissible - This regulation, which came into effect on January 5, 2018, permits the growing of hemp once an appropriate license has been obtained.
https://www.tilleke.com/resources/growing-hemp-thailand-now-permissible

A drug law amended in December (2018) and enacted in February (2019) legalized marijuana for medical research and for treatment of afflictions such as seizures, nerve pain and chemotherapy side effects. - The country’s first batch of government-sponsored, publicly accessible medical marijuana is also underway. Surachoke said 2,500 cannabis extract oils are expected to roll out by "July or August."
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/05/23/roll-up-roll-up-31000-register-for-medical-weed/

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Exactly , why not allow the real thing, unadulterated, as that is what has helped people down the ages ?

Yes, natural flowers with no chemical fertilizers, not the synthetic oil that has additives. 

Who is this alleged Dr. who comes up with scare tactics to frighten innocent, uninformed people searching for relief?  He sounds uninformed. 

The new regulations only allow for eating or vapor forms. Why not smoking if it delivers the CBD and THC faster and cheaper than ingesting it? Hopefully, this will change with time in this new registration. 

California has plants flowers available at pharmacies for smoking or eating - up to the individual and what he/she prefers and works best. 

Archived