New Visa Application hampered by broken ankle - HELP

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Most otherwise healthy people are capable of using crutches with their foot in a cast. Unless other factors are involved, I would be surprised if you can get a medical extension for a broken ankle.

Had mine broken in December. Yes they say it will not be 100% until 6 weeks. Thats why god made crutches and walkers for, <deleted>.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Flying or long travel in confined spaces is not allowed with a cast on due to blood problem circulation. Also known as trombosis.

leg needs to be elevated which would be impossible in a van or airplane.

seen many people fly with broken legs? 

He hasn't got a broken leg.  It's never known as a "trombosis".

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Have you every tried to obtain a set of crutches in Thailand. 

Seems that it is not too difficult.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Good for you. The pharmacy in our Big C doesn't sell them and I couldn't travel to your Big C at the time I needed them, because I needed crutches to get out of the house.

Are you blaming Thailand for that?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Yes with medical approval but not very common was my point. Trombosis is a leg thing not arm thing????

"Trombosis" [sic] is actually a non-existent thing no matter how many times you use your made up word!  Thrombosis is a blood clot in a blood vessel, it is not restricted to being "a leg thing"!

• Confused 1

From Pattaya expats announcement.

"Tesco Pattaya North Pharmacy dept have a section with wheelchairs at 3,750 to buy. They also have a large selection of mobility devices, sticks strollers crutches. Other Tesco outlets may have the same but I did not check."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Ohh you poor dear, had an accident, very easy to be judgemental.

Well i am judgemental, because your broken leg is sod all compared to what i have been through.

You say you cannot do this, cannot do that BS.

i HAVE TITANIUM SCAFFOLDING in my back, holding me together, no balance, paraplegic, does that stop me..... No way, i feed cows/ turkeys/ hens/ fish, grow veg.

Go out on my scooter ( HAVE TO BE STRAPPED IN) because if not i fall over.

Go shopping alone, do as much as i possibly can, dont sit there being negative, like you, i get out and do things.

You'd have been able to do all that activity straight out of hospital as Tanoshi was if you didn't have a scooter or the means and people to assist you? 

I'm sure Tanoshi could feed cows if he was presented with the food and a couple of cows, even without crutches but I'd bet that animal feeding is not high on his list.

It's marvelous that you were able to plant, grow and cultivate veg but how did you manage to do that in your unfortunate condition without help?  Just curious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He hasn't got a broken leg.  It's never known as a "trombosis".

Last time I checked ankle was part of a leg , you right more commonly term used is DVT which means trombosis.

i have no doubts you clearly understand not the broken leg called trombosis but blood circulation problems which broken leg and cast may cause but knowing your posting history and habits you just trolling to for the sake of it to turn it into yet another troll fest.

not interested 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Trombosis is a leg thing not arm thing????

I went to see my doctor with a trombosis. He was not pleased and told me I had some brass bringing that thing into his surgery. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mr Anderson said:

i was planing to renew my Ed Visa for a another year next month, by a trip up to Laos. However I have broken my ankle. I have a medical certificate which says I have a fracture and I am in a cast. But it does not state how long I will be unable to walk for. (Doctor thinks 8 weeks).

What is the procedure ? Is there a form at Immigration which would allow me an extension in the Kingdom until I can walk again ?

As others suggested, you could try to get a private-hospital to file with immigration on your behalf.  If that fails ...

Or would I have to do a visa run with a wheelchair ? Does any visa company provide such a service ? (I'm based in Pattaya)

With crutches, if you took a bus to Bangkok, taxi to the airport, then flew to Vientiane and back (a short flight), you would not be "stuck" in a confined position for a long period of time, leading to the health issues others mentioned. 

That said, it will be a PITA, and hopefully Ibuprofen works well for your pain when your foot is not elevated.  This will also lower swelling.

I made a visa run on crutches once - Thai immigration were accommodating and put me to the front of lines - even though I was not in pain at that point and I tried to waive them off - they insisted.  Similar treatment should be the case at the airports, where a wheelchair-service should be available.  Make sure your room in Vientiane is in a hotel w/ elevator - which one close to the Thai Consulate does have.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ohh you poor dear, had an accident, very easy to be judgemental.

Well i am judgemental, because your broken leg is sod all compared to what i have been through.

You say you cannot do this, cannot do that BS.

i HAVE TITANIUM SCAFFOLDING in my back, holding me together, no balance, paraplegic, does that stop me..... No way, i feed cows/ turkeys/ hens/ fish, grow veg.

Go out on my scooter ( HAVE TO BE STRAPPED IN) because if not i fall over.

Go shopping alone, do as much as i possibly can, dont sit there being negative, like you, i get out and do things.

You were married and had friends that helped and still help.

Could you have achieved what you have without help, even in the short term.

I never said I had a broken leg!

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You were married and had friends that helped and still help.

Could you have achieved what you have without help, even in the short term.

What a pathetic comment, so you are comparing paraplegia with a broken leg.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I never stated I had a broken leg ……. you did!

I'm comparing to someone who had help and someone who didn't.

Who suffered what is immaterial.

Well Tanoshi, you said you couldn't get crutches, so it's reasonable to think you had a broken leg.

• Like 2

Lazada is great for just about anything and pay COD they will come to your door. When I was out of action and couldn't get out I just ordered food n beer through tesco on line. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hospro-h-ch906b-l-crutches-l-l-i329102105-s631224274.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.43.61a24918yOhOWo&search=1

Edited by madmen
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Carried by two paramedics who then took the wheelchair as it came out of the Ambulance.

You've obviously never been involved in an accident, in new living accommodation, in a new Country, where you knew nobody, and not even time to explore the town.

Very easy to be judgemental of others when you've never found yourself in that situation.

Well partly wrong and surprised you would be as silly to suggest as much. I have had an accident here, my accommodation is not new but nor particularly old, I doubt you knew nobody. Anyhow, this all stemmed from you claiming crutches were impossible to obtain. It appears you failed to plan ahead and got tipped onto your floor by some paramedics and locked in.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, watcharacters said:

From Pattaya expats announcement.

"Tesco Pattaya North Pharmacy dept have a section with wheelchairs at 3,750 to buy. They also have a large selection of mobility devices, sticks strollers crutches. Other Tesco outlets may have the same but I did not check."

And if you cannot find what you want there, cross North Rd and pop into Fascino. But be careful, or you really will need a wheelchair. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well partly wrong and surprised you would be as silly to suggest as much. I have had an accident here, my accommodation is not new but nor particularly old, I doubt you knew nobody. Anyhow, this all stemmed from you claiming crutches were impossible to obtain. It appears you failed to plan ahead and got tipped onto your floor by some paramedics and locked in.  

Unbelievable :clap2:

You obviously only travel to destinations where you already have friends or family for support.

How boring!

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Unbelievable :clap2:

You obviously only travel to destinations where you already have friends or family for support.

How boring!

Not with a broken ankle I don't, that would be silly. 

Not to an upstairs apartment with a broken ankle either. A hotel is better, where they have plenty of people who can help!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And if you cannot find what you want there, cross North Rd and pop into Fascino. But be careful, or you really will need a wheelchair. 

Also Lazada has almost anything that a disabled person requires, i.e. wheelchairs, crutches, lifting sheets,walking aids.

No need to moan about being unable to get out, everything is there just using the internet, delivered to your door c.o.d.

Anyone moaning, i am/was unable to get out and get things is talking nonsense, just looking for sympathy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Anyone moaning, i am/was unable to get out and get things is talking nonsense, just looking for sympathy.

Yes, I know you have a lot of mobility issues and I have a very good friend who handles MS and leads a full life that puts me to shame. 

• Like 1