Chinese tourist arrivals to Thailand plunge in April

rooster59

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

TAT will be sure to report Chinese tourists rocket in May,

What I would like to know,maybe they can correctly count

the number of tourists that enter Thailand, but how much

they spend ? how do they calculate that.

regards Worgeordie

It is calculated based on lady drinks purchases...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

No wonder, the Baht is a disaster, cost of living has gone up 30% or more in the last 2 to 3 years,

there are more cops in Pattaya than in the whole of Thailand, and so forth.

A post such as this would  be so much more meaningful if it had even  just a modicum of validity.

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Already has, I just mentioned it on another thread . Hardly any around. 3 Chinese hotels that I know and see are empty , not a single bus .

pattaya tai road use to be parking lot for them, every morning all you saw was buses, now you be lucky to see more than 3 

I think you are more lucky to only see three as opposed to more????

I know people who went to Thailand because of the over hyped videos they saw on youtube. When they get there, it is not the paradise they imagined. They can do better much closer to home for less money and not all the negatives of Thailand.  It is considered a one and done, no reason to return.

5 minutes ago, wisperone said:

I know people who went to Thailand because of the over hyped videos they saw on youtube. When they get there, it is not the paradise they imagined. They can do better much closer to home for less money and not all the negatives of Thailand.  It is considered a one and done, no reason to return.

i work for 7-11 and i'm in heaven!!!!!  i also sell face masks and own a private hospital.   these farangs watched the wrong youtube video!!!!   yea, tuk tuk, smoke, food might jack up your stomach, scams, heat, more walking, death roads, somethings very expensive, maybe aids, expensive beer, and nobody really cares about you.  only your money.  i can see how some are not thrilled. 

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What I would like to know,maybe they can correctly count

the number of tourists that enter Thailand, but how much

they spend ? how do they calculate that.

regards Worgeordie

Well they ask them as they’re leaving obviously duh 

40 minutes ago, wisperone said:

Blame the bloggers/vloggers with their one strategic photo and trash fake articles.    
You are correct though, a lot of true tourists from the west rarely come back here.  Only the men looking for honey ????

It's hard to beat a trip to CA or SA.  Truly beautiful beaches, jungle, mountains, wildlife compared to thailand.    

My statistics are; 100% happy with the reduction in chinese;  100% don't care about the thai economy. 

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The Chinese are preparing for the New Long March per their president. As long as the trade tensions continue, they will likely retreat into the comfort of saving and not spending money. Silver linings 

Is that long march for him or against him

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Already has, I just mentioned it on another thread . Hardly any around. 3 Chinese hotels that I know and see are empty , not a single bus .

pattaya tai road use to be parking lot for them, every morning all you saw was buses, now you be lucky to see more than 3 

2 days ago, 7.30am I stopped counting the coaches arriving on Beach Rd when I reached 63. Beach was packed by Chinese queuing for the parachute ride.

9.30pm same day. shoulder to shoulder on Bali Hai pier. Again, I stopped counting the coaches after 54. 

The Base condo, chokkas  wth Chinese.

Not disagreeing with anyone, just my observations ????

As much as I enjoy living in Thailand (read: been living here on and off, father of an 8 years old Thai daughter, second Thai wife is 6 months pregnant and I own a property here), I for one am really looking forward to a major disaster in Thailand whether it is a massive earthquake, volcano eruption, cyclones, widespread floodings, typhoon ravaging everything in it's path.

"Why is that so?" would you ask?

Simple answer: The Thais are (just like the Chinese) the most disgustingly selfish human beings I have ever encountered in my life, the Thais cannot think for anyone but themselves more than 1 minute per day, if there is something I learnt over the years spent here (read: Pattaya area) is that the only way to keep a Thai "in-check" is to make sure they keep their heads down, just the way it needs to be.

Back in 2004 when the Tsunami hit the country hard all of a sudden the Thais were all humbles towards us the white farangs, pardon my english but they litterally were down on their knees begging and sucking our ***** for our humanitarian assistance, they were all over the country waiving "wais" and big smiles at us whether at the airports or the border check points through the country, when they needed us they perfectly knew where to find us, it didn't matter so much as if we had valid TR or Non-O visas or not, they just wanted OUR help, OUR assistance and OUR money.

Fast forward to 15 years later, they have rebuilt, they are now a major touristic destination and the THB is now a very strong currency and look at what the Thais have learnt from it? Absolutely nothing.

The Thais are arrogant, cocky, xenophobic, racist, nationalist at the image of their PM whether he took the country by force or not.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't for cheap pussy (everyone is entitled to their opinion) I wouldn't even set a foot here in this shithole of a country.

Seeing the TAT crying about how Chinese tourists are "cheap charlies" and are either not spending enough during their trips to Thailand or whether the numbers aren't high as the Thai anticipated or was high they'd love it to be is for the least to say; AMUSING.

They wanted to get rid of us, they wanted Chinese, Indians and other neighboring countries as "quality" tourists" as they tried to get rid of us?

They got exactly what they wanted and I for one am very glad this economic disaster is coming to them.

Karma is a b!tch as they say, Reap what you saw my beautiful darling, reap what you saw and be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.

6 minutes ago, tcp7 said:

As much as I enjoy living in Thailand (read: been living here on and off, father of an 8 years old Thai daughter, second Thai wife is 6 months pregnant and I own a property here), I for one am really looking forward to a major disaster in Thailand whether it is a massive earthquake, volcano eruption, cyclones, widespread floodings, typhoon ravaging everything in it's path.

Simple answer: The Thais are (just like the Chinese) the most disgustingly selfish human beings I have ever encountered in my life, the Thais cannot think for anyone but themselves more than 1 minute per day, if there is something I learnt over the years spent here (read: Pattaya area) is that the only way to keep a Thai "in-check" is to make sure they keep their heads down, just the way it needs to be.

Back in 2004 when the Tsunami hit the country hard all of a sudden the Thais were all humbles towards us the white farangs, pardon my english but they litterally were down on their knees begging and sucking our ***** for our humanitarian assistance, they were all over the country waiving "wais" and big smiles at us whether at the airports or the border check points through the country, when they needed us they perfectly knew where to find us, it didn't matter so much as if we had valid TR or Non-O visas or not, they just wanted OUR help, OUR assistance and OUR money.

Fast forward to 15 years later, they have rebuilt, they are now a major touristic destination and the THB is now a very strong currency and look at what the Thais have learnt from it? Absolutely nothing.

The Thais are arrogant, cocky, xenophobic, racist, nationalist at the image of their PM whether he took the country by force or not.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't for cheap pussy (everyone is entitled to their opinion) I wouldn't even set a foot here in this shithole of a country.

Seeing the TAT crying about how Chinese tourists are "cheap charlies" and are either not spending enough during their trips to Thailand or whether the numbers aren't high as the Thai anticipated or was high they'd love it to be is for the least to say; AMUSING.

They wanted to get rid of us, they wanted Chinese, Indians and other neighboring countries as "quality" tourists" as they tried to get rid of us?

They got exactly what they wanted and I for one am very glad this economic disaster is coming to them.

Karma is a b!tch as they say, Reap what you saw my beautiful darling, reap what you saw and be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.

So you enjoy living here. Have a daughter to a Thai wife. Married another Thai wife and she is pregnant. You have a house.

yet..you disrespect the Thai people and wish for a disaster.

wow....you really win a medal.

36 minutes ago, tcp7 said:

No, no, it's not TAT whining endlessly because Chinese don't spend any money, it's the emeritus professors of Thai Visa.

TAT merely observed that the Chinese numbers were down and that's because in the period they're showing numbers for there's no public holiday in China.

You keep supporting the boom-boom industry mate, every little helps. Even if she does spend all your money on Chinese imports.

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

They will marra gadge.

First week of May was a public holiday in China. They'll have been pouring in.

1 hour ago, tcp7 said:

With your attitude, I can fully understand why they want to get rid of you

59 minutes ago, Traubert said:

You keep supporting the boom-boom industry mate, every little helps.

And that is perfectly fine in my book. Thailand costs me about 100k THB a month but I get good pussy in return so all in all, it is fair and square.

I never pretended to be here for the beaches, the temples or the sight seeing unlike many others on these forums.

I'm a monger and a good one at that. If it wasn't for the boom-boom industry this country would be a much worse shithole than it already is.

But don't worry the Chinese are coming, after what they have done to Sianhoukville and major parts of lucrative Cambodia, it is only a matter of time.

28 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

With your attitude, I can fully understand why they want to get rid of you

The problem is I can understand why they would want to get rid of the bad apples but just yesterday the pigs (read: traffic cops) were at Ambassador on the way between Pattaya and Sattahip, guess what they were doing?

They were using racial profiling.

If you were Thai and drove a motorcycle without a helmet on, without a valid insurance they'd let you go.

However if you were a white foreigner they would stop you at 100% then try to extort you 400 bahts for the most ludicrous thing even if you had your helmet on.

I am getting seriously fed up of getting constantly shat on just because I'm a foreigner. Plain and simple.

First it was the visa runs, then it was the education visas tightening, then it became the 400k/800kb THB fixated in a Thai bank account, now it's the +50 years old mandatory insurance, added with the dual Thai/farang pricing and the racial profiling... One begs to ask? WHAT'S NEXT?!? Will I soon have to donate and kidney or a lung to be able to live peacefully in Thailand?!?!?

The other day, immigration staff at Swampy Departures were ushing in passengers from the lines of the "farang-go-home counters" ????,  towards the "special Chinese Passport Only" reserved counters :jap:, that had nobody on the queue.

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The other day, immigration staff at Swampy Departures were ushing in passengers from the lines of the "farang-go-home counters" ????,  towards the "special Chinese Passport Only" reserved counters :jap:, that had nobody on the queue.

I believe the correct counter is the "farang-go-home-and-leave-your-<deleted>-money-here"

6 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

I believe the correct counter is the "farang-go-home-and-leave-your-<deleted>-money-here"

Best thing I've read all day. Thank you for that.

14 hours ago, zydeco said:

Hard to tell. I was innocently walking past a restaurant the other day when a busload of Chinese disembarked. It must have been their feeding time. Awful racket, no order, complete chaos. Are these numbers really down? We can only hope.

Don't get caught between an unloading Chinese tourist bus and an all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet.

1. China is facing a trade war, their number of visitors may go down as a result.

2. Number of tourist arrivals is down to effectiveness of advertising, as a majority of arrivals are package tours. If the agents, airlines and hotels put their minds to it, they can attract more tourists,

Archived