SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?

Scott

SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Rory for me ....level headed and articulate. Never seen the bloke get agitated or annoyed by any political show he has appeared on afaik....would like him to have not be a remainer,but you cant have everything......also got 25/1 10 days ago......not any more.

Did he not sing Maggie May???

Thatcher-700512.jpg.01f9c57531ab79f38d25b69f98ca0465.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of those bludgers who're listed. Unless the new leader is a revalation, I think the Tories are finished for a long long time. However, if I was going to choose, it'd be Steve Baker or Esther McVey. Macca might just edge it, but only because I'd love to see her lovely face on the news after having to look at the wicked witch of the east every day for goodness knows how long. 

"Lead them through Brexit indeed !" Let's try "Show them the door". Given that Jean-Claude Juncker did not kick Britain out the door the door on March 30, 2019 as he and the European Commission should have done, my vote is for whoever succeeds Juncker. But, he or she has only my conditional support, and only until November 1, 2019

2 hours ago, me4175 said:

The fact that Clown Boris leads the survey is saying something about the psyche of the Brits. They just can't be helped.

Ignoring the insults about brits. (that has already been like by 7 remainers.....!) why is the eu continuing this farce by agreeing to further extensions?

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

I would add John Cleese (In character) to the list...

Great picture of Basil. Sybil would be a more sensible choice but we will probably end up with the colonel or Manuel.

3 hours ago, me4175 said:

The fact that Clown Boris leads the survey is saying something about the psyche of the Brits. They just can't be helped.

And which wonderful country led by genius fantastic leaders did you sprout from?

Johnson, broadly seen as the frontrunner, said in a conference in Switzerland on Friday that "we will leave the EU on 31 October, deal or no deal."

That sounds good to me at least UK can on with it, seeing as the EU stated they won't budge.

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Not voting as I want a second vote.

Did you loudly object to the first referendum? Or only when it did not produce the result you wanted and smugly expected?

If the second vote went against you would you insist on a third?

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Ignoring the insults about brits. (that has already been like by 7 remainers.....!) why is the eu continuing this farce by agreeing to further extensions?

Because the EU don't want to be blamed for forcing the UK out of the EU into the chaos of a no deal brexit.

They want everyone to see that the UK committed suicide by it's own hand. 

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

<SNIP> why is the eu continuing this farce by agreeing to further extensions?

A few scenarios have already been suggested. However, taking on board the reality that most Nation States act in their pragmatic self interest, it is due to a Hard Brexit would damage the EU economy; same applies to the UK.

I note it is increasingly  likely Farage will hook up with the Italian Far Right League Party in the EU Parliament, probably others as well, to form a Far Right EU alliance. If the alliance is cemented a number of posters will sadly applaud this threat to UK democratic institutions.

When this poll is completed and a winner is found, will the losers call for it to be run again? We will all be better informed by then and some might like to change their vote. We will all be very much better informed about who the actual winner is, so the losers may like to regroup, spread more 'Boris fear', then run it again without Boris being an option.

Archived