SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?

Scott

SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the field sits at the moment, a lot of the runners and riders are opportunists.  Mrs May had two, irreversible problems, in my opinion; she was not a committed Brexiteer at the outset, and did not have the first clue about how to negotiate.  Above all else, Britain needed a skilled negotiator. Remember that her claim was always, no matter which Brexit minister she employed, that she was leading the Brexit negotiations! She also had Olly Robbins whispering in her ear, and remainers like Philip Hammond and Amber Rudd.

Some of these people are clever and capable enough to run the country, but probably not able to adopt the best Brexit approach. Boris is an opportunist. Gove is an opportunist, sitting on the fence always. Hunt is a remainer opportunist. McVey, however attractive, is a lightweight, as is Mordaunt.

It comes down to a toss-up between Raab and Sajid Javed (who might just assist greater integration of Britain's large Muslim population, to held eradicate internal strife in the future).  Rory Stewart has the right kind of cv, but voted remain in 2016; I'm not sure he is the kind of committed Brexiteer who is required to deliver a decent Brexit for Britain.

A new GE needs to be called to clean out the stables and provide greater policy certainty going forward (whatever your political beliefs).

6 hours ago, me4175 said:

The fact that Clown Boris leads the survey is saying something about the psyche of the Brits. They just can't be helped.

Personally I was just "having a laugh" voting for him ????

That & in all honesty, its the only name I have heard off on the list! 

Seems that Cameron might be making plans for a return. Not in time for the current borefest but may be looking to pick up the pieces of the mess he caused.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7070835/David-Cameron-considering-dramatic-political-return-standing-MP-friends-reveal.html

Although, based on the comments to the article, 'pigs might fly' before that is likely to happen.:whistling:

Rory Stewart: I can't serve under Boris Johnson

Rory Stewart says he would not able to serve under Boris Johnson if his rival for the Conservative leadership becomes prime minister.

Mr Stewart told the BBC that politicians must tell the truth about where they stand on Brexit and he believes Mr

Johnson's backing for a no-deal exit is "undeliverable".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-48409026/rory-stewart-i-can-t-serve-under-boris-johnson

He should stop talking like a woman...

Or get on top, take him cowboy like any intelligent woman would do...

5 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Esther is hot. That’s about as far as political I can get these days concerning Brexit. But she is a hottie I must say.

...and would be my choice for PM. Very smart lady in every sense.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Johnson, broadly seen as the frontrunner, said in a conference in Switzerland on Friday that "we will leave the EU on 31 October, deal or no deal."

That sounds good to me at least UK can on with it, seeing as the EU stated they won't budge.

Teresa May said that about 29th March and look what happened. No deal is better than a bad deal.

Do they ring any bells?

When this pile of poo started over 2 years ago the EU should have been told, firmly that the populace had spoken and we were leaving on whatever the date was.

Unfortunately the decision then fell into the hands of the politicians, WHY ? HOW ? What special powers or training have these MP's had ? they are no more qualified than you or I and they have hijacked the Brexit process for their own ends.

Cameron promised that whatever the people voted would be delivered, not hijacked by MP's eager to feather their own nests.

I voted remain, now all I want is the UK out of the EU as soon as possible with as much hurt to the EU as can be given by us leaving, the whole process and debate about this has been a farce and majorly embarrasing for the UK, get out now and tell the EU to stuff themselves where the sun don't shine.

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Teresa May said that about 29th March and look what happened. No deal is better than a bad deal.

Do they ring any bells?

Yeah buddy we will just have to see if Boris is a man of his word, as usual that's difficult to believe when it comes to politicians.

Reminds me of what a well known philosopher said,  " It's hard know when a man is telling the truth when you know if you were in his position you'd lie ". 

I guess the same goes for women and crocodile tears TM. 

This survey reminds me of being sent to the Headmaster at my old school.

If the reason for your visit was to get stick, the Headmaster would first ask you if you thought your deserved punishment and regardless of your answer he would then ask you to select which, from a rack of canes, you wished to be punished with.

In school legend each had a unique name relating to the damage it would inflict; ‘Bone Breaker’, ‘Gnarled and Knotted’ and ‘Stinger’ are names I recall with a wince.

On the upside at least the number of strokes to be endured were known in advance of the punishment commencing.

Does it really make any difference? They are all a bunch of cheating, lying crooks anyway.

Jeremy Hunt especially, what a complete and utter waste of atoms. He definitely is a total and utter hunt.

When this pile of poo started over 2 years ago the EU should have been told, firmly that the populace had spoken and we were leaving on whatever the date was.

Unfortunately the decision then fell into the hands of the politicians, WHY ? HOW ? What special powers or training have these MP's had ? they are no more qualified than you or I and they have hijacked the Brexit process for their own ends.

Cameron promised that whatever the people voted would be delivered, not hijacked by MP's eager to feather their own nests.

I voted remain, now all I want is the UK out of the EU as soon as possible with as much hurt to the EU as can be given by us leaving, the whole process and debate about this has been a farce and majorly embarrasing for the UK, get out now and tell the EU to stuff themselves where the sun don't shine.

Do you mean that the eu should go forth and multiply??[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Only Boris is charismatic enough to unite the Tory party and bring it through Brexit. He has some entertainment value. It would please Big Don.

I hope it won't be Vera Lynn.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

When this poll is completed and a winner is found, will the losers call for it to be run again? We will all be better informed by then and some might like to change their vote. We will all be very much better informed about who the actual winner is, so the losers may like to regroup, spread more 'Boris fear', then run it again without Boris being an option.

Anything without Boris would be a good option

Archived