SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?

Scott

SURVEY: Who Best to lead the UK through Brexit?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the tree hugging generation, Rory Stewart has some great ideas. A one nation, forward looking Tory, with an appreciation of what is required to try and unite an increasingly fractured and divided UK.

On a totally practical level, i think Dominic Raab would have the skills and intellect to lead the country.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

For the tree hugging generation, Rory Stewart has some great ideas. A one nation, forward looking Tory, with an appreciation of what is required to try and unite an increasingly fractured and divided UK.

On a totally practical level, i think Dominic Raab would have the skills and intellect to lead the country.

Dominic Raab is an idiot 

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/brexit-shows-that-idiots-and-incompetents-are-in-charge-in-the-uk-1.3693980

If you take the irish times as your unbiased font of knowledge dear help you.

Dominic Raab has the advantage of having been involved in the negotiations and a knowledge of what is required.

The free state, as an example, will be keener than most to make sure there is a brexit deal.

No doubt the irish times hasn't mentioned that.

3 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

If you take the irish times as your unbiased font of knowledge dear help you.

Dominic Raab has the advantage of having been involved in the negotiations and a knowledge of what is required.

The free state, as an example, will be keener than most to make sure there is a brexit deal.

No doubt the irish times hasn't mentioned that.

Read this thread if you want to know about Raab's involvement in the negotiations...

10 hours ago, Slip said:

Yes, he still possesses as much of each as a Vogon fleet commander.  Or is that a pissed up Vogon fleet commander?

If english is not your first language you can be forgiven for writing in gobblygook.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, me4175 said:

The fact that Clown Boris leads the survey is saying something about the psyche of the Brits. They just can't be helped.

IMO no one will be able to sort out the shambles, so at least having a clown as PM will make life more entertaining, and we all need a laugh. People have got way too serious about the farce going on in Britain.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

????????????????

Rowan would make a brilliant PM. However, he is probably too sensible to want anything to do with it.

Not sure about his political credentials, but he has previously declined to comment on Brexit, unlike so many other lefty luvvie Remainers. This probably means he's a Brexit supporter keeping his head down.
His other comments supporting Boris's black post box comments seen to indicate an appreciation of free speech, and there's always been an anti-establishment streak to his humour. This would make him quite liberal and democratic, contrary to all those illiberal and anti-democratic luvvies and Remainers. 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Not sure about his political credentials, but he has previously declined to comment on Brexit, unlike so many other lefty luvvie Remainers. This probably means he's a Brexit supporter keeping his head down.
His other comments supporting Boris's black post box comments seen to indicate an appreciation of free speech, and there's always been an anti-establishment streak to his humour. This would make him quite liberal and democratic, contrary to all those illiberal and anti-democratic luvvies and Remainers. 

I'd love to see him strut into Parliament in his Black Adder outfit, with the largest cod piece. Brilliant.

21 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Wow....people still talk about tree huggers. In the day and age I’d have expected something with a bit more intellect.

The Conservative party leadership race is already providing rich entertainment at the whole country’s expense

the official tagline for the Tory leadership contest is “EXPERIENCE MAGIC THIS SUMMER”. Its key value divide is between candidates who would smoke opium at an Iranian wedding, and candidates who would order a drone strike on one. We haven’t even begun to hear from frontrunner Boris Johnson, that flytipped sofa, who will probably be endorsed next week by visiting indignitary Donald Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/31/opium-drone-no-deal-tory-battle-conservative-leadership-race?

On 5/31/2019 at 10:32 AM, SheungWan said:

Any Hard Brexiteer with the commitment to continue trashing Sterling.

"All due to uncertainty." they keep saying. The ever ongoing uncertainty is all a product of not yet achieving Brexit. That's all the fault of the Remainers. How long do you want to continue trashing?

20 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Wow....people still talk about tree huggers. In the day and age I’d have expected something with a bit more intellect.

How about, middle class, funded by mummy and daddy, no experience of life or work, something for nothing, generation.

Is that enough intellect for you or i have i described your upbringing?

32 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

How about, middle class, funded by mummy and daddy, no experience of life or work, something for nothing, generation.

Wrong on both counts....but your posts tell me all I need to know

42 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

Lumpen Lament.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:32 AM, SheungWan said:

Any Hard Brexiteer with the commitment to continue trashing Sterling.

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

"All due to uncertainty." they keep saying. The ever ongoing uncertainty is all a product of not yet achieving Brexit. That's all the fault of the Remainers. How long do you want to continue trashing?

Usual know-nothing dead-beat Hard Brexiteer rubbish explanation. Bottom line is that Sterling will be further dragged down with any increased likelihood of risk that No-deal is likely. And that comes with the line-up of Tory candidates. Losing money with trashing Sterling is the Hard Brexit calling card. Stupid is as stupid does.

Usual know-nothing dead-beat Hard Brexiteer rubbish explanation. Bottom line is that Sterling will be further dragged down with any increased likelihood of risk that No-deal is likely. And that comes with the line-up of Tory candidates. Losing money with trashing Sterling is the Hard Brexit calling card. Stupid is as stupid does.
Seems MONEY MONEY MONEY is No1 in your life..but for many millions of Brexiteers..quality of life..not being told what to do/what not to do..etc etc by unelected brussels jobsworths is far more important to them.
Also..they do not want the UK to surrender sovereignty to brussels and to become part of the united states of europe.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Seems MONEY MONEY MONEY is No1 in your life..but for many millions of Brexiteers..quality of life..not being told what to do/what not to do..etc etc by unelected brussels jobsworths is far more important to them.
Also..they do not want the UK to surrender sovereignty to brussels and to become part of the united states of europe.

Unelected? So what were EU elections for! As an EU member the UK is a part of any rules being enforced on the UK, therefore the UK is telling itself what to do. Surrender sovereignty? Every EU country IS sovereign. Any other untrue Brexit rubbish you want to spout? Try the one about accounts not being signed off!

Unelected? So what were EU elections for! As an EU member the UK is a part of any rules being enforced on the UK, therefore the UK is telling itself what to do. Surrender sovereignty? Every EU country IS sovereign. Any other untrue Brexit rubbish you want to spout? Try the one about accounts not being signed off!

Accounts were not signed off for many years.
Osbourne objected to eu a/c's being signed off few years ago..but was well outvoted by subsidy junkie countries.
Eu's ultimate aim is a united states of europe..the use the " ratchet method "..get little bit at a time.
What do you think all the treaty signings were about.
A 5 a side footie tournament and a piss up??
Why not read " brussels laid bare " by Marta Andreasson..it hopefully will open your eyes to the massive fraud/corruption of the eu.
Have s lovely day

23 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Accounts were not signed off for many years.
Osbourne objected to eu a/c's being signed off few years ago..but was well outvoted by subsidy junkie countries.
Eu's ultimate aim is a united states of europe..the use the " ratchet method "..get little bit at a time.
What do you think all the treaty signings were about.
A 5 a side footie tournament and a piss up??
Why not read " brussels laid bare " by Marta Andreasson..it hopefully will open your eyes to the massive fraud/corruption of the eu.
Have s lovely day

Everything you say is factually incorrect. Unless of course you (want to) believe the right wing press. You have a lovely day too.

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

7 hours ago, malagateddy said:

So there you have it. The Hard Brexit Stupid Economics Team. Lose your money and get a little flag. Now which candidate do we want to lead this team?

Archived