BANGKOK 19 June 2019 06:11
rooster59

Benz VIP taxi plans on the rocks - too expensive and bad for drivers

Benz VIP taxi plans on the rocks - too expensive and bad for drivers

vip.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that a leading company's expansion plans for a VIP taxi service using Mercedes Benz cars has been put on hold. 

Nakorn Chai Air's All Thai Taxi arm was gung-ho a while back with plans to flood the streets with luxury taxis.

But the plans came with a price.

Chairwoman Khreuawan Wongrakmit said that passengers have not been willing to pay the increased charges of using Benz VIP taxis over regular cabs. 

Business has been poor - people don't want to ride in a Benz, they'd rather own one themselves.

In addition the service - that has 20 cars at present - has not gained the right to park and pick up passengers at Bangkok's two main airports, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang.

This has meant drivers' "downtime" with no passengers has limited their earning potential. 

For now the company has abandoned its previously stated expansion plans, reported Daily News. 

But the Thai media reported that All Thai Taxi are gritting their teeth and persevering with the service for now.

They plan to introduce other makes of cars to the service in the future - not Mercedes Benz. 

They denied they were going bust. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-27
  • Haha 2

For a short medium distance ride, I wont pay twice for Benz. The latest Corolla is just as comfortable and more spacious than a C class at the back. Nobody looks up to you in Benz taxi nowdays.

• Like 2

Only the S class Benz holds any allure really and they won't be using them.

Pass their place near Mo Chit a lot and theres always lots of ALL Thai Taxis parked up in the compound, a taxi friend also told me you don't earn as much s well.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

sure that is not a BENZ i had a few and they did not look like that lol

Oh what a feeling, Toyota!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A crappy Thailand taxi driver driving around in a Mercedes Benz is still a crappy taxi driver. I'll stick to Grab.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Chairwoman Khreuawan Wongrakmit said that passengers have not been willing to pay the increased charges of using Benz VIP taxis over regular cabs. 

No doubt they are trying to appeal to all those rich, 'desirable', foreigners that we are constantly told about.  Hummm, so where are they?  They aren't knocking down the doors to climb in an upscale Benz taxi, that's for sure.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In addition the service - that has 20 cars at present - has not gained the right to park and pick up passengers at Bangkok's two main airports, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang.

Shouldn't they have sorted that out BEFORE starting the service? No wonder the business has failed with such idiots in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brigand said:

Only the S class Benz holds any allure really and they won't be using them.

Exactly. Apparently they thought the badge alone would be a deal sealer. The smooth ride, spaciousness, comfort, and quiet of a stretched S class would be welcome when stuck in traffic and worth a higher fare. But a tiny C class? Not worth more than a corolla which are decent enough.

You can "book" a "limo" while waiting for your baggage to arrive in arrivals area, they have long had the option of MB - at additional cost, doubt many took up that "offer" either!

'Not good for the drivers' ?   I would have said Thai drivers are not good for the cars !

• Like 1