Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 June 2019 06:06
linno2

friends and family compulsory visit registration

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, linno2 said:

Turns out we were required to bring her to the Immigration office (120km round trip) within 24 hours of arrival at our house to register that she was staying with us

In Jomtiem, I was able to register a friend staying with me without his presence. Needed his signed passport copies and a lot of my/ house details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone can download the TM 30 form and complete it. Then mail to immigration (Bangkok people send to CW same address as 90 day report.) Also house owner can register to do this online and with a little luck CW will approve online usage and supply a password and id to log in to the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linno2 said:

Turns out we were required to bring her to the Immigration office (120km round trip) within 24 hours of arrival at our house to register that she was staying with us.

You didn't have to bring her, a signed copy of her passport would have been enough.

 

2 hours ago, linno2 said:

We/she were fined THB2,000 for not registering within 24 hours

You as the landlord / possessor were fined for not reporting a foreigner at your place, not she.

 

You can do the TM30 online (after you register for it, requiring a visit to the immigration office, not possible in all provinces), or you could do it by mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If outside of Bangkok can you not do it at the nearest Police Station (TM30)??

 

I may be wrong but I thought TM30 could be done at Police Station UNLESS you reside in Bangkok in which case its immigration at CW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

If outside of Bangkok can you not do it at the nearest Police Station (TM30)??

A TM30 report cannot be done at a police station unless there is no immigration office in the province where the report needs to be done.

Some police stations have done them but the problem is that immigration would not know it was done and would not even have to accept the receipt for one.

28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I may be wrong but I thought TM30 could be done at Police Station UNLESS you reside in Bangkok in which case its immigration at CW?

There are immigration offices in almost every province now and some have more than one.

Change Wattana is not the only office that can accept them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason for not coming to Thailand. There are plenty of other countries to visit, and indeed this is happening. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does this apply each visit?

My nephew and gf are coming from the UK in August. They will stay at our house a couple of nights then go to Krabi and back to our home for a couple of nights. Then up to chiangmai then back to our home for a night before flying back to the UK.

 

They and l must go to Chaengwattana each time and nothing can bve done in advance?

Couldn't they just put a hotel on the TM30 for the whole duration?

Thanks.

 

Apologies, it will be just once as they only have 1 tm30 form.

I got a tad confused.

Edited by james.d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, james.d said:

Does this apply each visit?

My nephew and gf are coming from the UK in August. They will stay at our house a couple of nights then go to Krabi and back to our home for a couple of nights. Then up to chiangmai then back to our home for a night before flying back to the UK.

 

They and l must go to Chaengwattana each time and nothing can bve done in advance?

Couldn't they just put a hotel on the TM30 for the whole duration?

Thanks.

"They", as visitors, are not responsible for submitting the TM30. The hotel or, in your case house master/owner/renter is.

 

Yes, it is required for each visit.

Edited by Blue Muton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

"They", as visitors, are not responsible for submitting the TM30. The hotel or, in your case house master/owner/renter is.

 

Yes, it is required for each visit.

Thank you.

 

Wow, 3 trips to Chaengwattana for their 16 or 17 days holiday.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"THB1,900 visa estension fee". You mean extortion fee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

If outside of Bangkok can you not do it at the nearest Police Station (TM30)??

 

I may be wrong but I thought TM30 could be done at Police Station UNLESS you reside in Bangkok in which case its immigration at CW?

I am led to believe that you can only go to a police station with a TM30 if there is not an immigration office in the province. I do stand to be corrected though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...