friends and family compulsory visit registration

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Relatives have stayed with us and we never reported anything. They gave a hotel as their first night address ( which was true ) then I picked them up from the hotel and they came to our house for 4 nights before going on their travels.

When they left the country no questions were asked.

Still breaking the law though. Just because you got away with it doesn't make it right.

It is the responsibility of the house owner or manager to report all foreign nationals staying at the property.

• Like 2

Has anyone got the link for the online household visitor registration? The 90 day residence site is 'down' or as they said turned off. Also is there any formal advice from the government advising of the need to register that some one can provide the link for? Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Linno

So when anyone from my family comes over from the UK we have to fill out a tm 30? never done it in 13 years ,did not even know i had to ,and when we go and stay with relatives in BKK or elsewhere do they have to fill in forms? sorry if i appear dumb .

17 minutes ago, linno2 said:

Has anyone got the link for the online household visitor registration? The 90 day residence site is 'down' or as they said turned off. Also is there any formal advice from the government advising of the need to register that some one can provide the link for? Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Linno

You can register to file the TM30 online here:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

• Thanks 1

The Tourist is only required to inform of his intended place of stay once on the TM6. This may be a one night stop at a hotel before moving on. It's the responsibility of the hotel or private house owners to then report their arrival at the residence, not the Tourist.

The only time a Tourist will face an issue is if they need to visit an IO for a 30 day extension, or the like and finds out the place he's staying hasn't filed a TM30 to report their presence.

You don’t understand the point. I am not referring to normal tourists

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So when anyone from my family comes over from the UK we have to fill out a tm 30? never done it in 13 years ,did not even know i had to

According to the law, yes, you should file a TM30.

9 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

and when we go and stay with relatives in BKK or elsewhere do they have to fill in forms?

By the letter of the law yes, but as your not a Tourist and your permanent address is already filed with an IO, unless you had need to go to another IO, then I wouldn't bother, or worry.

8 minutes ago, wobalt said:

You don’t understand the point. I am not referring to normal tourists

To whom are you referring to then.

The law applies to all aliens entering the Country, whether your given permission to stay for 30 days or 1 year is immaterial.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Edited by Tanoshi

To whom are you referring to then.
The law applies to all aliens entering the Country, whether your given permission to stay for 30 days or 1 year is immaterial.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Yes, to everyone else.
I am not interested in BS- Thai laws.

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Relatives have stayed with us and we never reported anything. They gave a hotel as their first night address ( which was true ) then I picked them up from the hotel and they came to our house for 4 nights before going on their travels.

When they left the country no questions were asked.

Fine, if they have no need to attend immigration, nor are asked by any official (other than the IO on the way out) to show their passport nor asked where are they staying. Chances are unlikely. I wasted a whole afternoon registering a guest at my place, as I suspected 'something might happen'. He rented a motorbike, gave my address and the way he rode I suspected an accident at any time!  I was concerned it would come back to me. As it was, it was a waste of time, and an infuriating one at that. 

• Like 2

Perhaps according to the rules but in reality unless they will need do something at a immigration office I would not bother doing it.
They do not go out looking for people that have not done the report.
Oh yes they do go out checking!
They have made several visits to condos in Bangkok.
They go through the paperwork held by Juristic office. In The River condo they set up a desk and Checked every foreigner coming in and out of the Condo.

I have not heard of it happening since Big Joke was posted

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Ok, but she didn't need to say she was staying with them, she skills have said she was traveling.

She needed to be staying somewhere and until a TM30 is filed, they refuse the extension.

• 4 weeks later...
We received online TM30 registration capacity this week.  So will be OK from now on. Thjanks for comments hints and tips.
Cheers!
Which immigration office and how many weeks did it take?

It will help the rest of us waiting

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

On 5/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, LongTang said:

Thank you for the report.

I want to make sure i understand this correctly as it is the first time the consequences for not doing the TM30 involve jail time for the visitor !

Did they specifically warned you about visitors being Jailed for not reporting??? If true, then it puts everything on a completely different level, the damage will be enormous !

My friend was taken into the head person's office and told "she could be put in gaol for not reporting". I was not in the room but my friend was clearly 'rattled' by the session. She is a very polite worldy person with 70yrs experience of life - and not rude in any way.

11 minutes ago, Toany said:

Which immigration office and how many weeks did it take?

It will help the rest of us waiting

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

Nakhon Ratchasima - circa 4 weeks. Applied in English with my wife's ID and details as she owns the land.

• Like 1