The best burger I have had in CM

bkk6060

I am usually not a big fat and grease eater but enjoy a burger once a month.

Beast Burger in Nimman.

The quality of the meat tasted like Kobe beef.

Just a fantastic burger the best I have had in CM.

Any other good burger spots?

IMG-20190525-WA0000.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Why screw up a burger by adding cheese? Cheese is made by soaking smelly socks in old milk, then the noxious concoction is aged inside a sweltering chicken coup.

Cheese was traditionally aged and preserved in actual caves before the advent of refrigeration.  

https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/02/murrays-cheese-cave-aging-tour.html

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Personally I find those "tower" type burgers irritating ridiculous  and just damn messy !

I recall the time watching a couple of young guys salivating as they waited for there monster burgers out front of Rock Me Burger on Loi Kroh. When they arrived in front of these guys their eyes lite up with glee,it was an impressive stack of culinary delight... in unison they each gripped a burger,raised it to their gapping mouth and.....krapow! in unison the contents of the burgers ended up in their lap....building a burger that ends in a culinary disaster makes me wonder if the person making it has ever eaten it.

A well crafted burger for the buck can be had at the Wild Hog Saloon Pub and Burger Restaurant - just pass the Makro on the 108.

I'm not a great fan of burgers, for two reasons - one doesn't know what's in the meat mix, and there's nothing worse for me than biting into an undercooked or cold burger. Ugh.

I prefer the Cumberland sausage at Butter is Better - still no idea what's in them, but at least they are hot and tasty.

19 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Sadly, the redemptive stench of fermented bat guano has been lost to history.

Slightly off topic, there was a German cheesemaker in the Korumburra area of Gippsland, Australia who made a crumbly cheese which was definitely an acquired taste. I swear you could taste cow shit in the stuff, but it was quite addictive.

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

Too cheesy and messy. And that's definitely not Kobe beef.

Have you ever eaten a Kobe beef burger?  How would you tell in a cooked product?  It would look the same as any other.  It kind of defeats the purpose of Kobe beef to grind it up don't you think?

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

How many times have we had to suffer this and similar pointless topics. Just an excuse for free adverts for your/their friends!

Possibly many times, and perhaps more times in the future.

Changes occur rapidly, eateries come and go within a short span.

Perhaps there should be sub-sub forum, with headings best burger, pizza, fish'n'chips' etc...

I have found on this site positive recommendations when searched, and have given similar.

Perhaps, don't shoot the messengers, gripe at the Web-Master! ????

A carefully made and well-cooked burger can be an extreme delight for the farang tastebuds. I make my own, because if I don't, I know I will end up chewing on a piece of shoe leather.

Off topic: I had a truly incredible steak in Samui many years ago, I seem to remember that it cost over 5k baht, but back then it was 60+ baht to the pound. But surprise, surprise, the wife tried a few french fries and left her food, we had to go and get her gwai tiao ruea afterwards for 40 baht.

Some people just have zero class (and the other mugs, like me, get married to them!).

Tasty usually means Ajinomoto i.e. MSG in your meal in Thailand.

The French Fries look good though. I might try there someday.

Price is pretty expensive at 250 baht per burger??

cheese looks like it is cooked unevenly

bread seems old, by maybe 2 to 5 hours

plate is wrong, too small

plastic underneath has chemicals

fries has too much seasoning

fries look soggy, maybe cooked 38 seconds too long

burger looks to be pre-frozen by 11 days, and 9 degrees too cold

I'm super fun at parties!!!!!

12 minutes ago, XenZen said:

cheese looks like it is cooked unevenly

bread seems old, by maybe 2 to 5 hours

plate is wrong, too small

plastic underneath has chemicals

fries has too much seasoning

fries look soggy, maybe cooked 38 seconds too long

burger looks to be pre-frozen by 11 days, and 9 degrees too cold

I'm super fun at parties!!!!!

Haha.

Actually, they hand form the burgers fresh you can watch them thru the glass.

No msg I asked about this due to the tremendous flavor.  Definitely not Thai beef.

The fries were crispy and did have some seasoning.

Anyway, as far as the price after consuming the behemoth, I was not hungry for dinner.

To add, they do have a veggie burger also freshly hand formed.  My gf had it and the flavor seemed good slightly crispy on the outside.

I heard Rock me burger is good also.  Will try that next month.

The seasoned fries are all too common nowadays, and are never as good as basic ore ida diner fries that have been around for 100 years... usually the clincher in me not spending excise tax inflated prices for cheeseburger and fries in LOS.  Seems like they used to count those cheap shoe string fries at John's place.. seen them 5 pounds for a dollar at the 99 cents only Stores, but you never got more than 7 pieces of French fries with your combo.. often room temp, too.  The Chinese signs go up, and the quality goes down. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, HaleySabai said:

I recall the time watching a couple of young guys salivating as they waited for there monster burgers out front of Rock Me Burger on Loi Kroh. When they arrived in front of these guys their eyes lite up with glee,it was an impressive stack of culinary delight... in unison they each gripped a burger,raised it to their gapping mouth and.....krapow! in unison the contents of the burgers ended up in their lap....building a burger that ends in a culinary disaster makes me wonder if the person making it has ever eaten it.

They put a knife through the burger , to keep it all in place 

2 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

You don't eat the burger with the knife in it,do ya?

On one other occasion at Rock Me Burger I saw a Thai guy cut his finger pulling the knife out of the wooden board that the burger came on.

I think that the idea is to eat half the burger with the knife in and then take it out when you are half way through

Archived