The best burger I have had in CM

bkk6060

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

The burger the OP is referring to comes from where? 

Beast Burger I believe is a tiny food truck usually parked somewhere along Nimm rd. I recall seeing them in that format last year, perhaps they have a shop now.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I think that the idea is to eat half the burger with the knife in and then take it out when you are half way through

ahh....perhaps there should be some instructions included....with pictures.

So you pick up the burger,once you have managed to get it separated from the wooden board and then eat half of it with the knife protruding from the centre of the thing....mmm,what a culinary adventure!

I'm sure the burgers do taste good,I was just commenting about the silly way they present them.

Just now, HaleySabai said:

So you pick up the burger,once you have managed to get it separated from the wooden board and then eat half of it with the knife protruding from the centre of the thing....mmm,what a culinary adventure!

I'm sure the burgers do taste good,I was just commenting about the silly way they present them.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:48 PM, Lacessit said:

Slightly off topic, there was a German cheesemaker in the Korumburra area of Gippsland, Australia who made a crumbly cheese which was definitely an acquired taste. I swear you could taste cow shit in the stuff, but it was quite addictive.

The French make a rustic sausage like that, I think they use barely washed intestine for the skins, and you can taste and smell that cowshit tang. No thanks! 

Back on topic, The Dukes chain have never disappointed, and not only with burgers. Service can be patchy at the Night Market branch but the rest are ok.

I've been at least once a month for several years. 

To eat those monsters, you can break it down with cutlery, but its more fun to grab that sonofaburger, so tight it compresses, then just faceplant it. I let the juices dribble all over the fries like a condiment. 

It's messy, it's childlike, and...

YOLO lads! 

9 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

The French make a rustic sausage like that, I think they use barely washed intestine for the skins, and you can taste and smell that cowshit tang. No thanks! 

Back on topic, The Dukes chain have never disappointed, and not only with burgers. Service can be patchy at the Night Market branch but the rest are ok.

I've been at least once a month for several years. 

To eat those monsters, you can break it down with cutlery, but its more fun to grab that sonofaburger, so tight it compresses, then just faceplant it. I let the juices dribble all over the fries like a condiment. 

It's messy, it's childlike, and...

YOLO lads! 

Well , congratulations , you managed to eat a burger with dropping in and without eating the knife or stabbing yourself trying to get the knife out the burger

1 hour ago, HaleySabai said:

IMG_0352.jpg

1 hour ago, HaleySabai said:

You can also just order the normal version instead of the "double",  then it might fit in your mouth ????

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Haha.

Actually, they hand form the burgers fresh you can watch them thru the glass.

No msg I asked about this due to the tremendous flavor.  Definitely not Thai beef.

The fries were crispy and did have some seasoning.

Anyway, as far as the price after consuming the behemoth, I was not hungry for dinner.

To add, they do have a veggie burger also freshly hand formed.  My gf had it and the flavor seemed good slightly crispy on the outside.

I heard Rock me burger is good also.  Will try that next month.

Roughly how much is the veggie burger?

If you want an Argentinian hamburger, why not go to Argentina?  Seems so obvious to me.

I spent one month in Buenos Aries, some years ago. Had some grilled beef which was certainly not corn fed. Saw no burgers but did see many small bakeries peddling white bread.  Coffee was good. 

20 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

If you want an Argentinian hamburger, why not go to Argentina?  Seems so obvious to me.

I spent one month in Buenos Aries, some years ago. Had some grilled beef which was certainly not corn fed. Saw no burgers but did see many small bakeries peddling white bread.  Coffee was good. 

Thats quite a long way to go, just for an Argentinian hamburger

"On one other occasion at Rock Me Burger I saw a Thai guy cut his finger pulling the knife out of the wooden board that the burger came on."

I am the least fussy person about sanitation, but the cutting boards they serve their food on are horrible. They would not pass inspection in any Western country. The boards are riven with cuts, and as the poster I quoted above mentioned, full of ragged knife stabs. They are impossible to clean. 

The service the two times I tried that place was unbelievably bad and the food was sub-standard. 

Go to Duke's Promenada or Maya (NOT any other branch, particularly where the owner hangs out sometimes). Their burgers are quite good. Just be sure to mention no added salt. 

So did we find out where the OP's burger came from? A food truck that may or may not be around? So many posts with so little information. 

The worst burger that I had in CM was from the (now closed) sports bar near the Mad dog 

The bun was cold and the cheese had come straight out the fridge , just needed warming a bit .

But the worst part was the bill . It wasnt the amount , its just when I asked for the bill , the  waitress blew a whistle (like in a football match) came marching over to me and gave me a yellow card (like in a football match ) , how embarrassing .

My bill was on the yellow card and it also had written on the card *Our waitresses are very poor and dont get paid much , they would very much like a tip, any amount will do*

Not only did I feel embarrassed , I also felt uncomfortable as well .

I got out from there as quick as I could and didnt go back 

34 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"On one other occasion at Rock Me Burger I saw a Thai guy cut his finger pulling the knife out of the wooden board that the burger came on."

I am the least fussy person about sanitation, but the cutting boards they serve their food on are horrible. They would not pass inspection in any Western country. The boards are riven with cuts, and as the poster I quoted above mentioned, full of ragged knife stabs. They are impossible to clean. 

The service the two times I tried that place was unbelievably bad and the food was sub-standard. 

Go to Duke's Promenada or Maya (NOT any other branch, particularly where the owner hangs out sometimes). Their burgers are quite good. Just be sure to mention no added salt. 

So did we find out where the OP's burger came from? A food truck that may or may not be around? So many posts with so little information. 

What is wrong with the original Duke's location on the Mae Ping? I don't get that.

Our favorite burger truck is Solar Hybrid but he is so busy now (especially when the whordes of Chinese are around), that we have had to give up on the queue a couple of times as we couldn't handle the wait.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, CharlieH said:

Personally I find those "tower" type burgers irritating ridiculous  and just damn messy ! 

Chips look great !! ????

Roger that and I have a picture of you eating one and it's all dribbling down your shirt  :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Roger that and I have a picture of you eating one and it's all dribbling down your shirt  :biggrin:

Agreed, 5555555 but that wasnt a "tower burger", that was a MAGIC burger !!

burger_king_texas_bbq_whopper_01.JPG

On 5/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, hyku1147 said:

Why screw up a burger by adding cheese? Cheese is made by soaking smelly socks in old milk, then the noxious concoction is aged inside a sweltering chicken coup.

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ smelly cheese joke images.......................:licklips:

Archived