bowl of chili and beer near Sukumvit???

moontang

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

The Kiwi pub soi 8 had a chilli bowl that I've had a few times but that was years ago. They would have an online menu.

Yeah, Kiwi stood out in my mind, but will have to check online. 

11 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

don' know about chilli but along the same vein the Bus Stop on soi nana useta serve a nice bowl of beef stew, very nice dosed liberally with tabasco, with some garlic bread and a beer...

I used to enjoy the fish and chips at the Bus Stop.

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You are in Thailand not Texas - 55

So what?

I have eaten Philippine food in Qatar and I have never been to the Philippines. I have eaten Chinese and Indian food in many different countries yet I have never been to China or India.

The first time I ever ate Thai food was in the UK on the Isle of Wight.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

So what?

I have eaten Philippine food in Qatar and I have never been to the Philippines. I have eaten Chinese and Indian food in many different countries yet I have never been to China or India.

The first time I ever ate Thai food was in the UK on the Isle of Wight.

Kiwi Bar sells Texas chili. 

6 minutes ago, pegman said:

I love chilli con carnie and the best I've had in Thailand was at Charlie Brown's Mexican Resturant now on Soi19, Asoke.

Ahhhh ...... good old Charlie Brown's,  we use to go there from when it first opened years ago. It was the best mexican food around then .... arroy  !!

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Bully's Soi 4.

yeah, Bully's have got most of the old western standards on their bar menu...sometimes they do it right, other times a disaster...always got a good caesar salad there but then one time ordered garlic bread with it and it was this horrible sweet shit, totally inedible...

also gotta watch their burgers, towering masses of ground beef sometimes not very good (gristly and ick)...gotta chop it down to smaller bits to be manageable, better to go across the road to burger king for a whopper with cheese...but nice cool and quiet in there in the afternoon with strong AC, with tons of western stuff on the menu...and a nice pint of draft lager...

On 5/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, Scutty said:

Its plate of chilli , bowl of noodles.  Why you wanna eat Mexican in Thailand ? 

Many like me who live here love Thai food.

But, an occasional change is normal if a person enjoys food variety.

I eat western food and Mexican several times a month very enjoyable if you find a good spot.

The Tavern on Soi 4 serves a bowl of chili, not bad with some Tabasco and onions to spice it up.

For years I've noticed that when any one asks about food other than Thai food the critics jump in asking why. Some are even 'baffled'. I'd say you're easily baffled. Are they cyber-bragging about how they've gone native, lived here for 20 years and eat nothing but Thai food three times a day?

It's understandable that someone coming here short time as a tourist would want to take advantage of the wonderful Thai food and eat as much as possible. I did, and I still eat it more often than not. But after living here a while some variety is nice too once in a while.

According to the 'gastronomically gone-native' braggers, when in the USA should a person only eat American food? No Chinese food? No Mexican food? Or do these unwritten rules only apply in Thailand? Back home in the US I lived near the border, Mexican food sold everywhere, I ate Mexican food daily. The horror!

Further more, following this line of thinking, I would never have tried Chinese food or Middle Eastern food or many others, because I have never been to those countries. What exactly are the rules as to what one can and cannot eat? Silly of me to think I can make my own decisions and eat whatever I'm in the mood for.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:06 AM, Psimbo said:

You are in Thailand <deleted> and you want info on a bowl of chili- sometimes the Internet just baffles me.

Yuk, eating sugary msg loaded thai food that's 80% boiled rice and slivers of low grade meat. but its cheap . Many pensioners are outraged if a meal costs more than 40 baht LOL

I couldn't eat Thai food 24/7 and when I do Im very selective

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Yuk, eating sugary msg loaded thai food that's 80% boiled rice and slivers of low grade meat. but its cheap . Many pensioners are outraged if a meal costs more than 40 baht LOL

I couldn't eat Thai food 24/7 and when I do Im very selective

You are right on.

But no, they complain because it use to be 30..

Seems to be all about the price.  Braggers about 100 b food days eating noodles asking why spend this or that on food.

Food is very important I think. One of the greatest pleasures in life.

Priorities:  Sex, food and Golf.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, ColeBOzbourne said:

The Tavern on Soi 4 serves a bowl of chili, not bad with some Tabasco and onions to spice it up.

For years I've noticed that when any one asks about food other than Thai food the critics jump in asking why. Some are even 'baffled'. I'd say you're easily baffled. Are they cyber-bragging about how they've gone native, lived here for 20 years and eat nothing but Thai food three times a day?

It's understandable that someone coming here short time as a tourist would want to take advantage of the wonderful Thai food and eat as much as possible. I did, and I still eat it more often than not. But after living here a while some variety is nice too once in a while.

According to the 'gastronomically gone-native' braggers, when in the USA should a person only eat American food? No Chinese food? No Mexican food? Or do these unwritten rules only apply in Thailand? Back home in the US I lived near the border, Mexican food sold everywhere, I ate Mexican food daily. The horror!

Further more, following this line of thinking, I would never have tried Chinese food or Middle Eastern food or many others, because I have never been to those countries. What exactly are the rules as to what one can and cannot eat? Silly of me to think I can make my own decisions and eat whatever I'm in the mood for.

I was going.to say something like that (I was wondering if the Tavern did chilli) when you are here a while you need different meals the same as you do at home.

Says me sitting in the central plain dipping into my pan of scouse.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, Scutty said:

Its plate of chilli , bowl of noodles.  Why you wanna eat Mexican in Thailand ? Plenty good Thai food on the streets. Plenty of beer in the seven 11s on Suk . 

Because it is different. Sure there is plenty of Thai food available but sometimes people want different food.

I like chili con carne and I like Thai food as well but I can get Thai food any time here in Thailand.

I also like roast lamb with mint sauce and liver, bacon and onions with gravy. Can I get either of those at a Thai food stall or restaurant?

Variety of foods are the spice of life.

If you want to eat Thai food every day and drink beer from 7/11 then go for it, but don't knock other peoples choices.

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Because it is different. Sure there is plenty of Thai food available but sometimes people want different food.

I like chili con carne and I like Thai food as well but I can get Thai food any time here in Thailand.

I also like roast lamb with mint sauce and liver, bacon and onions with gravy. Can I get either of those at a Thai food stall or restaurant?

Variety of foods are the spice of life.

If you want to eat Thai food every day and drink beer from 7/11 then go for it, but don't knock other peoples choices.

Variety is the spice of life.

Archived