Video: Brake failure! Nine vehicle pile up at Chonburi intersection

rooster59

200 metres from the junction he started to brake.... then realised that at his speed they couldn't stop him before causing the accident... not brake failure, he left it too late to stop!!!!!

In fairness, sugar trucks are almost always dilapidated old things that are then completely overloaded and would not be allowed anywhere near a road in the west. So um, yeah, not really sure what my point was....????

Too much speed, not driving and slowing to traffic flow, at that speed a gear that makes stopping impossible. Book hm for dangerous driving occasioning bodily harm. Jail term. Same for every driver that drives this way and causes unnecessary accidents, after a few years of stringent enforcement and decent driver training the road toll would drop dramatically I think. 

On 5/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, atyclb said:

"a stopped clock"  one of the most accurate descriptions of intellectual acumen 

and 'he' posts on Facebook .... And that stopped clock is probably right more than once a day...????

Brakes or no brakes.  The video shows the guy flashing his headlights.  Often that is used by Thais to mean "hey, I am coming through, get out of my way"!  The truck was definitely going to fast for the road conditions at the time.  He technically may not have been speeding and was below the speed limit, but that is not enough.  Are we really expected to believe that in the many many kilometers before the crash the drive never applied the brakes and that they worked fine until the last moment? 

Archived