BANGKOK 19 June 2019 05:59
watcharacters

Who would you call upon seeing an injury or fatal accident?

Posted (edited)

What number would  you dial when you see an injury or fatal accident?  

The Mrs. and I walked by one on Soi 12 about  only 25 meters from Pattaya Klang  a couple of nights ago.   We’d  had dinner with and just dropped off some friends at the hotel where they stayed and went back to a beer  bar we passed where we saw another friend.

When we rounded the corner of Soi 12 from Pattaya Klang where we parked   I saw a songtaue (baht bus) stopped with a crowd  (15 - 20 people) around it.     At first I thought the driver was repairing something   underneath  the bus.    As we got closer I realized  a person was  under the bus and by the position of the body I feared the worst.   

We met our friend at the beer bar for a beer and I observed how long it took for medical personal to arrive on the scene.      The accident was within sight of where we were in the beer bar.    It was over 25 minutes before any medical personnel arrived to assist.

I was surprised by the time it took for a medical response as the distance to nearby  Pattaya  Memorial Hospital could have easily  been walked  within that time.

So, again, what number and what agency,  police or hospital,  would you call?
Edited by Rimmer
Font size corrected, please use default fonts only.

1 minute ago, JaiMaai said:

Have you ever tried calling  it and if so what were the results?     Details?

The only Thai numbers which i know without looking it up on Google are 1111 (government hotline) and 1155 (tourist police), in case of an accident i would choose the tourist police number, they should be able to call an ambulance.

Most of the time when i'm going anywhere it's together with my girlfriend who is a nurse and has a few months emergency room / ambulance experience, so if we were the first at the scene she would be supposed to help.

7 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

In most countries you are give ONE number to call and the service then asks which service you require

What if you can't speak English?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You say "It is are not raining in Tokyo also" and hang up.

Thank you Tony Hancock 😎

• Sad 1

I was staying in samui 1998 in Charlie huts chaweng, i discovered a dead body in one of the huts due a bad smell  it took the police to arrive 4 hours later. I quote the police said unfortunately he's dead.... No <deleted> shxt. They even checked he's pulse when he was blue in the face and blood spattered every where

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Davo369 said:

I was staying in samui 1998 in Charlie huts chaweng, i discovered a dead body in one of the huts due a bad smell  it took the police to arrive 4 hours later. I quote the police said unfortunately he's dead.... No <deleted> shxt. They even checked he's pulse when he was blue in the face and blood spattered every where

Probably because some fancy lawyer would ask them:

"How did you know he was dead"